Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lair Caek! 5 Layers of deliciousness! Dedicated to Mr Wolf!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Morning all
    Am awful sleepy today, think a nap at lunchtime is in order!
    I am :D as my sister and my new niece are coming home from the hospital today, my laundry basket is empty and it's hump day!! All downhill to the weekend from today!

How's everyone? What have you to be happy about today? (everyone has at LEAST 1 positive thing to be happy about!)

anyone for tea and toast?

tea-toast.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

BadGirl wrote: »

For once I'm jealous! :D
    *shakes fist*

Omnomom, perfect, thanks :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Good morning all.

Today I get a new sound card which means I can have surround sound at home once again. This pleases me greatly as I have missed the comfort of having musics all around me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

BadGirl wrote: »
    Morning all
    I am :D as my sister and my new niece are coming home from the hospital today, my laundry basket is empty and it's hump day!! All downhill to the weekend from today!

How's everyone? What have you to be happy about today? (everyone has at LEAST 1 positive thing to be happy about!)

tea-toast.jpg

It is also national fish and chip day!! Which means queues a mile long outside chippers with people wanting to get their 1 and 1!!!

What am I happy about, I dunno am struggling to think of anything. Lemme see, went to Paul Sextons garden centre yesterday (he is closing down) and got myself a rose bush that looks like it needs a serious coaxing back to life, a clematis climing yoke and a choisia tenata - tis a white flowered bush. In our old garden the mammy had the garden lovely and this was in the top corner by the wall. Missed it so bought her a new one. The soil in their plant pots looks rediculous so for today I am going to take them out and pot them in some compost with some plant food, till I get the garden at the front de-weeded, better soil and whatnot then plant them up :D

Jaysus, only 10 past 11, it feels like it should be a lot later :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Morning all :)

Hope we're all well today. Think I'll straighten my hair and get dressed, then go have breakfast and look after the bf. Might try read a bit too. I'm sad to say that I've been neglecting Catching Fire, haven't really had a lot of time to read. Need to get onto Mockingjay soon! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Shiminay wrote: »
    Jaysus, only 10 past 11, it feels like it should be a lot later :)

I'm in agreement Shim, this day is DRAGGING!!

Jane, you are a great woman... there's feck all sympathy given to himself here when he's sick! I don't get to suffer when i'm sick so why should he? :pac::pac::pac: (I'm a heartless bitch though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Ah no you're not.. I'm actually overly sympathetic if truth be told, that's just how I am. :o He's asleep at the moment but I should probably wake him soon even though I feel bad for it..

In other news, I'm starving! :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Hey there people. Just stopping off quickly

Hey wolfie, how was work last night?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Crapfcukingtacular to be perfectly honest. I need to go sleep now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

morning all! so sick this morning, went for physio earlier and the stupid physio kept asking me if I'm pregnant :rolleyes: NO I'M NOT!!! (just to clarify, I have been nauseous and sick since the accident because of the painkillers I'm on, I'm allergic to over-the-counter stuff so I'm not used to taking painkillers at all :( )

I need to go sleep now before I pass out in the chair again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Just dropping in to say hi. See ye all about 23:30 :o

Hope you feel better soon Pixie!

Just had lunch and I'm sleepy, the supervisor isn't around.. tempting :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Leeg17 wrote: »

You're just resting your eyes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Leeg17 wrote: »

I used to work Fridays and Sundays with my sister and often got her to run the place while I took a nap :pac: I loved working with her, we were some divils. Friday nights we would have cookie and juice parties (stolen from store room) and Sundays were Leonidas chocolates day (also stolen).

I don't miss work at all, but I miss working with her! She was my rant buddy as she used to be equally annoyed with all the moronic summer staff who couldn't properly separate the recycling, and didn't have respect for the lunch box display!

I'd love her to come visit me but she has no money :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I used to work Fridays and Sundays with my sister and often got her to run the place while I took a nap :pac: I loved working with her, we were some divils. Friday nights we would have cookie and juice parties (stolen from store room) and Sundays were Leonidas chocolates day (also stolen).

I don't miss work at all, but I miss working with her! She was my rant buddy as she used to be equally annoyed with all the moronic summer staff who couldn't properly separate the recycling, and didn't have respect for the lunch box display!

I'd love her to come visit me but she has no money :(

Ah the sisterly love that can't be defined or explained, but always there regardless of distance or strife! :)

I was annoyed earlier cause the day was dragging its heels, but suddenly it's nearly time to go home, so joy.

Everyone well?

Shiminay wrote: »
    I was annoyed earlier cause the day was dragging its heels, but suddenly it's nearly time to go home, so joy.

Everyone well?

Ah happy days for you!

All good here anyways :) I'm up since 5am, the birds woke me with their chirping so I just got up and went jogging! Great start to my day I must say, so peaceful and quiet out jogging at that hour :)

Any special plans for the evening by people?

• Advertisement

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Ah the sisterly love that can't be defined or explained, but always there regardless of distance or strife! :)

We have had about 4 fights since I moved away! But its always grand a few days later!

We're very strange together though. I mean we are both adults now but still call each other our childhood nicknames, and speak in this weird way we always have, and sing funny songs and do weird things when we are together. I think a lot of sisters are like that though, at least some I know anyway!

I have no fun plans for tonight other than to go to class. Working on an assignment of a frozen pizza advertising campaign, making me want some NOW!

We have had about 4 fights since I moved away! But its always grand a few days later!

We're very strange together though. I mean we are both adults now but still call each other our childhood nicknames, and speak in this weird way we always have, and sing funny songs and do weird things when we are together. I think a lot of sisters are like that though, at least some I know anyway!

I have no fun plans for tonight other than to go to class. Working on an assignment of a frozen pizza advertising campaign, making me want some NOW!

Yes you are right in saying that a lot of sisters would be like that, same for me also tbh :)
    I don't quite know what it is, but that bond that's there between sisters is always strong imo, regardless of anything that happens. We've never had an argument that hasn't been rectified in some strange way within days. I wonder is it the same with brothers :confused:

Bet your sister misses you though? You both sound like you're very close to each other :) Do you skype each other? Skype is great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Definitely agree with you lot, the oul sisterly bond is very strong. My sister and I haven't spoken properly in about 5 years due to personal stuff but even though we haven't spoken I do still feel like we have that bond. Our relationship was at its very best when I was in the last 2 years of secondary school and she had moved back to Dublin for college, I used to go and stay with her on school holidays and we used to have a lot of fun together. Things just fell apart between us but in fairness, I know that if the worst came to the worst she'd be there and I'm pretty sure she feels the same way (particularly after my accident recently).

Like you Peach, we had a unique relationship, stupid nicknames from our childhood, stupid songs that always remind us of each other (nsync "if I was your girlfriend" and neither of us even liked nsync lol!) and just stupid sister stuff that you can only do with a sister.

I have that kind of relatiuonship with my younger brother. My sister and me, not so much

I have 3 beautiful sisters. I am the oldest girl in my family. I was 9 when my first sister was born, 11 when the next was born and 12 when the youngest was born. We keep in touch almost every day and I'm so proud of them.

We don't Skype too often because she studies like a fiend. Which she does in my old room for some reason! But we would text nearly every day. She is very funny, and such a stunner! She got all the looks in the family! I got the brains and the fat genes!

I just woke up from a lovely nap in the grad lounge :pac:

I feel the same about my sisters Princess. I have 5 older brothers and was always a bit of a tomboy growing up especially fashion wise. My sisters on the other hand know all about girly things. If I was clothes shopping I'd bring one of them with me. A bit of sisterly bonding too so happy days :)

Naps are very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

evening all

• Advertisement

hey there hopester

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement