Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lair Caek! 5 Layers of deliciousness! Dedicated to Mr Wolf!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Ah grand shure! :) Could be better but could be worse! :) It just dawned on me I think you said you're in college today, - has College not finished up since May?! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Rich-Tea-biscuits-007.jpg

Anyone for tea? :)

None for me thanks. Kinda feel like going drinking (of the alcoholic variety) for the day though or something random like that ....... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Morning All...

Morning Bacon :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I don't even drink tea but a big mug of tea and some rich tea biscuits for dunking sounds lovely :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Good morning my lovelies! Is everyone well this fine rainy and overcast morning? :p

Shiminay wrote: »
    Good morning my lovelies! Is everyone well this fine rainy and overcast morning? :p
    Bah!
    I don't like this weather :( Hate rain....
    Other than that all is good here...

How are things with you Shim? Nice weekend?

BadGirl wrote: »
    Bah!
    I don't like this weather :( Hate rain....
    Other than that all is good here...

How are things with you Shim? Nice weekend?

Me too. It's June! It should at least not be raining outside :(

A fine weekend was had - almost nothing was done and that ranks very highly on my list of desires!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Fell back asleep and just woke up. Feel worse now. I need to get up soon and walk to the post office so I can get my money. Have to give some to mam so I'll have about 100 left and all I need it for is to get to my bf at the weekend. Time away from here would be good I think.

I'd love to be able to spend the day watching E3 news, but there's work to be done. Shockin stuff!

Why, what's happening? I haven't been downstairs yet. :o Kinda afraid to go down tbh.

E3 is a gigantic computer games conference in LA (I think it is) and a lot of big announcements happen, but I'm here in Boards.HQ working :) So far my morning has included state exams, paedophiles, design updates...

I did see the trailer for one new game called Watch Dogs which looks superb.

Work to be done here too....:rolleyes:
    With the UK on (another) bank holiday today, our UK/Ire call centre is left in my very capable hands... :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators Posts: 51,784 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

BadGirl wrote: »
    Work to be done here too....:rolleyes:
    With the UK on (another) bank holiday today, our UK/Ire call centre is left in my very capable hands... :pac::pac::pac::pac:

hmmmm......

fonejacker.jpg

:pac::pac:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Many Many hugs for Jane :) I am so sorry about all the stress going on with your mam right now. My relationship with my mam is a weird one. There is only and has only ever been her and me, so we would be closer than some mothers and daughters. But that is not necessarily a good thing. We are very similar, and I inherited her temper, so when we row, my god you'd best stay well away.

Then there is the fact that my whole life she has been ill my whole life. She is a diabetic, and then she had lots of heart problems and a cabbage, and peripheral vascular disease. Also when I was a smallie she suffered 2 frozen shoulders and unexplained blackouts. So all that meant and means I feel very attached to her. When she blacked out I had to put her in recovery position til she woke, her frozen shoulders I had to do everything for her cos she couldn't. I have been to pretty much all her diabetic apts with her, then I was up and down with her to the hosp with her heart. The amount of times we'd go up for a general out patients apt and the doc would hand over her massive chart and say go over to the main hosp you can't go home :(

I got used to being a carer of sorts for her, but I also was a very concerned person. I struggle to not be, and I struggle to let her get on with her life and me mine at times because of this. Then recently she had the pvd and was back in hosp for stent in her leg (she could barely walk) so there was all that, and she broke her arm in Feb and I was doing everything again. It is very difficult. I need to let her live her life and live mine, but whenever I try it seems something happens and draws us into each other again.

Then there is the seperation thing. She was always very 'don't hang onto my apron strings' cos I was very attached cos of all her health problems, but I find when I am going off and doing my own thing, she is still very attached texting me or whatnot. If I go into my room to watch DVDs etc for the day she complains I am being moody and ignoring her!!

I canni win :(

Gaming wouldn't be a strong point of mine tbh. I still play Crash Bandicoot on a PS1 from time to time though. :p

@hdowney - Thanks for the support. Your post about your mam was lovely and it's nice that you feel so protective of her. I feel guilty for feeling like this though, not really sure why. Could be because I remember her saying "You'll be sorry because I'll be gone one of these days" when I was younger. I never did anything horrible when I was younger, I never even got in trouble at school, not once. I still feel guilty though like it's somehow my fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    @hdowney - Thanks for the support. Your post about your mam was lovely and it's nice that you feel so protective of her. I feel guilty for feeling like this though, not really sure why. Could be because I remember her saying "You'll be sorry because I'll be gone one of these days" when I was younger. I never did anything horrible when I was younger, I never even got in trouble at school, not once. I still feel guilty though like it's somehow my fault.

I think we are programmed that way to be honest. Not sure if blokes are but wimmins are programmed that way, to feel guilt and stuff with respect to their mothers!

• Advertisement

Possibly yeah. I think men are different tbh, you're right. My brother doesn't seem to be affected by her as much as I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Up in the lab store trying to get chemicals for a few experiments we've to run/fix and heard the lab techs talking in the background, felt a bit like this...

funny-science-news-experiments-memes-dog-science-fuzzy-logic.jpg

Lee, chances are, THEY have no idea what they were doing either! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm staying home to study today Watching E3 :pac:

I think its finally time I accept I live in the weather sh1thole of earth and go and buy some waterproof running gear and get off my bum!

Horrible day outside, feel yuck, snuggled up in the bed with Henry beside me watching..... wait for it...... Home Alone, oooooh yeah!

I love Home Alone! When I get back from the post office in a while I'm getting back into bed to watch a film. I have a list of random ones so I'll pick one.

I thought you lived somewhere out foreign Princess Peach or maybe am thinking of someone else .....

Would really like to plan a nice holiday somewhere but no job so can't really be away in case I get called back lol which would prob be the 1 feicin week I'd get work for temping or something!! :rolleyes: No monies so can't even afford anything anyway!! :pac: But it'd be so lovely to have something nice to plan and / or look forward to though!! :(

Awwww havn't seen Home Alone in donkey's years, must dig it out ......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I am out foreign. Worst weather city of Canada! Ireland has fantastic weather, I now know!

Planning a trip to the other side of the island in August which has better weather I hear! Going camping in the national park if I can sort it :)

Catching up on last nights E3. I really want to have lots of money and just play video games all day forever.

Ah was thinkin I read somewhere that ya were. Well Games have done their brill job for staving off boredom for man human-kind and probably will continue to do so for many years to come ......

Need to get off couch ...... must get off couch ...... need to get off couch ...... must get off couch ...... :rolleyes:

/still on couch .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I am out foreign. Worst weather city of Canada! Ireland has fantastic weather, I now know!

Planning a trip to the other side of the island in August which has better weather I hear! Going camping in the national park if I can sort it :)

Catching up on last nights E3. I really want to have lots of money and just play video games all day forever.
    You could get a job testing video games. All the new releases at your disposal and of course you may need to play them extensively to make sure they're just right for the general public ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement