Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lair Caek! 5 Layers of deliciousness! Dedicated to Mr Wolf!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I still haven't had that cuppa tea...

No wonder it seems like an apocalypse outside...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Can't go wrong with a bit of Deep Impact. Love Will Smith in Independence Day, and the doggie running through the tunnel as the inferno advances towards him :D

That's going on my list so.. Although I might have seen it. I love Will Smith in anything I've seen him it. :D The dog's name is Boomer. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    That's going on my list so.. Although I might have seen it. I love Will Smith in anything I've seen him it. :D The dog's name is Boomer. :o

Ah, so it is :)
    A young Elijah Wood is in Deep Impact.. may watch it tonight it's been a while since I've seen it.

Kind of morbid, but I prefer the films where they don't save the world in the end :pac:
    (Never watch "Knowing", dire film!)

A young Elijah Wood is in Deep Impact.. may watch it tonight it's been a while since I've seen it.

Kind of morbid, but I prefer the films where they don't save the world in the end :pac:

I might have a look at that so. :)

Oh you're too late there, I've seen Knowing. Awful film.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Can't go wrong with a bit of Deep Impact. Love Will Smith in Independence Day, and the doggie running through the tunnel as the inferno advances towards him :D

There was me going oooh I think I'll have a movie marathon with Independance Day, 2012, The Day After Tomorrow.... and then you mentioned Deep Impact and I realised I don't have it on DVD :(

That film was such a pile of sheite

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Never even heard of Knowing :pac:

I'm watching Hot Fuzz at the minute, love this film.

Denny M wrote: »
    Never even heard of Knowing :pac:

I'm watching Hot Fuzz at the minute, love this film.

You're lucky.. :p

Thought 500 Days of Summer had a good soundtrack but that was about it...bar Zooey of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Isn't the rain lovely.......

• Moderators Posts: 51,784 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

you mean we actually agree on something? :eek::P

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Kojak wrote: »
    Isn't the rain lovely.......
    koth wrote: »

Feck off the pair of yis!! It's SUMMERTIME!!! SUMMER! Winter is long enough, I shouldn't have to have central heating on at this time of year? FECK OFF RAIN!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

koth wrote: »

If only we could agree on how great Monday's are.....

• Moderators Posts: 51,784 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

BadGirl wrote: »
    Feck off the pair of yis!! It's SUMMERTIME!!! SUMMER! Winter is long enough, I shouldn't have to have central heating on at this time of year? FECK OFF RAIN!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    sorry, I didn't catch. Was too busy listening to the delightful plinking of the rain on the roof:P
    Kojak wrote: »
    If only we could agree on how great Monday's are.....

you just had to spoil the mood :P

If you can read this, you're too close!

I seen this picture and thought you would like it....

rain.jpg

I'm not even looking for the lovely dreaded flancer ball... just for it to be dry and not cold isn't asking too much of Summer, is it??? :(:(

I'm not even looking for the lovely dreaded flancer ball... just for it to be dry and not cold isn't asking too much of Summer, is it??? :(:(

I am. Will happily get infracted for saying it too ;):pac:

I hate rain. I always automatically feel cold when it rains for some reason. I'm freezing today. I'm in my gran's at the moment and she hasn't a clue who I am. :(

Think when I get home I'll get a hot water bottle and lie on my bed reading. :)

I am. Will happily get infracted for saying it too ;):pac:

G'wan ya rebel!!!! :D:D

OK then, I would like some sunshine too please... a severe lack of it is bringing on a wicked case of rickets!!! :D

I hate rain. I always automatically feel cold when it rains for some reason. I'm freezing today. I'm in my gran's at the moment and she hasn't a clue who I am. :(

Sorry to hear that Jane, I was in the same boat as yourself on Sunday, except I was visiting my nanny in the nursing home. It's a mix of heartbreaking and freaky being there :( I hate going to it.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I agree completely. The next door neighbour was asking me about her bill (daft woman is with airtricity but that is a whole nother story), she canni read the bleeding thing, hasn't a clue. Newho the bill was from the arse end of march til the arse end of may, and excluding tax, standing charge and all that shiz she had used over 80 squids worth of gas. I was like WHAAA :eek::eek: so I asked her when she had it on. She has it on for two hours every morning and two hours every evenin on 20degrees (so heating the house as well the water!!) EVEN when she has a blazing fire on WTF, and even in the scorcher weather. Well no bleedin wonder her bill is so high, and her whinging about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Afternoon Lair.

Ernie Wise looks like george bush in this.

Sorry to hear that Jane, I was in the same boat as yourself on Sunday, except I was visiting my nanny in the nursing home. It's a mix of heartbreaking and freaky being there :( I hate going to it.... :(

Looks like my gran will be going into one soon enough I think. It's getting very hard for my mam and aunt and uncles to manage her. She's getting very agitated lately.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I hate rain. I always automatically feel cold when it rains for some reason. I'm freezing today. I'm in my gran's at the moment and she hasn't a clue who I am.
    Nothing worse than that cold that rain makes you. Or when you've been pissed rain on in the morning and feel freezing for the rest of the day. Coming home and having a hot shower and a hot drink after being drenched is great though.

Sorry to see that about your gran, Jane. Hopefully if she goes into a home it might take some of the pressure off your mam and improve the way she has been.. All my grandparents died before I was 3 so I can't imagine what it must be like. It must be very hard for you all. xx

OH, FUPP OFF RAIN. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Really sorry to hear about your gran Jane. Even though my boyfriend's dad suffered physically for a long time before he passed away, I'm so grateful we never saw him lose any of his mental agility. Right up until he passed away he was as sharp as a whip. I don't think we would've coped as well looking after him if he had forgotten who we were or anything like that, I'd say that is so hard to deal with.

Just had a loop the loop even though I'm cold, delish :D

Posy wrote: »
    Nothing worse than that cold that rain makes you. Or when you've been pissed rain on in the morning and feel freezing for the rest of the day. Coming home and having a hot shower and a hot drink after being drenched is great though.

Sorry to see that about your gran, Jane. Hopefully if she goes into a home it might take some of the pressure off your mam and improve the way she has been.. All my grandparents died before I was 3 so I can't imagine what it must be like. It must be very hard for you all. xx

OH, FUPP OFF RAIN. :mad:

I tend to be cold even if I only look out at it.. :rolleyes:

Yeah hopefully. That's why I felt so bad about complaining on here but tbh she was always sort of difficult to talk to and deal with even that before my gran was diagnosed.

Also, yes fupp off rain!

Edit: Thanks pixiebean. Yeah it can be hard to deal with it tbh. Physically she's okay apart from a small heart condition but then again she is 90, nobody would expect her to be perfect. She has no mobility problems, she can walk, still sleeps in her own bed, she is a little bit deaf and her sight isn't great etc. but she really doesn't know anything or anyone at this point. My grandad was the same as your bf's dad, he was fine mentally right up until about 2 days before he passed.

Rain rain go away, come again another day! :p

I tend to be cold even if I only look out at it.. :rolleyes:

Yeah hopefully. That's why I felt so bad about complaining on here but tbh she was always sort of difficult to talk to and deal with even that before my gran was diagnosed.

Also, yes fupp off rain!

Edit: Thanks pixiebean. Yeah it can be hard to deal with it tbh. Physically she's okay apart from a small heart condition but then again she is 90, nobody would expect her to be perfect. She has no mobility problems, she can walk, still sleeps in her own bed, she is a little bit deaf and her sight isn't great etc. but she really doesn't know anything or anyone at this point. My grandad was the same as your bf's dad, he was fine mentally right up until about 2 days before he passed.

We think that's what finally made my boyfriend's dad give up. He was in a lot of physical pain for a long time but about a month before he passed away he started getting terrible pains in his back, turns out he had fractured vertebrae (which Waterford Regional missed and then ignored but that's another story :rolleyes: ) so we had to get my boyfriend's mum's old zimmerframe out of the attic for him and that was just it for him.

He hated the thing. He hated not being able to move around freely. He needed help in and out of bed, up and down to the loo, he couldn't make a cup of tea because he couldn't stand for very long and he couldn't drive and that was such a big deal to him, losing his independence.

I'm kind of glad he passed when he did because gradually losing more and more independence would've affected him so much mentally

The fact that at 90 she has no mobility problems and still has her independence is such a good thing for her.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Thought 500 Days of Summer had a good soundtrack but that was about it...bar Zooey of course.

I remember I was over at a friend's, he was watching the movie with his girlfriend and they got into an argument over it, where he yelled he'd be a far better boyfriend to the lead guy than Zooey.

We think that's what finally made my boyfriend's dad give up. He was in a lot of physical pain for a long time but about a month before he passed away he started getting terrible pains in his back, turns out he had fractured vertebrae (which Waterford Regional missed and then ignored but that's another story :rolleyes: ) so we had to get my boyfriend's mum's old zimmerframe out of the attic for him and that was just it for him.

He hated the thing. He hated not being able to move around freely. He needed help in and out of bed, up and down to the loo, he couldn't make a cup of tea because he couldn't stand for very long and he couldn't drive and that was such a big deal to him, losing his independence.

I'm kind of glad he passed when he did because gradually losing more and more independence would've affected him so much mentally

The fact that at 90 she has no mobility problems and still has her independence is such a good thing for her.

Jesus that's rough pixiebean, I'm really sorry. That must have been horrible for him and horrible for you all to watch. How would they miss a fractured vertebrae?! :eek:

She does have independence in that she can walk around herself if she wants but she really has to be watched if she's not asleep because she really doesn't know what she's doing any longer. She's doing really strange things like putting milk into the kettle, forgetting to wear her glasses and unfortunately lately she's had a few issues with going to the bathroom. :(

• Advertisement

Beanie (my boyfriend's dad) kept falling out of his bed too, used to drive him bananas because he'd have to call either myself or my boyfriend to help him up and he hated having to rely on us like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement