Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kayaking and food

• 25-03-2012 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi. I find that I get really hungry when kayaking. Today I had porridge, yoghurt, banana, honey all in a bowl for breakfast and was really full - but an hour after getting in I was starving. I had crisps and chocolate and an apple. Then I happily paddled for an hour. Then I had a 2 hour paddle home and I really regretted not bringing more food for the journey. What would you suggest for snacks - keeping in mind cold hands, ease of eating, and something yummy yet substantial but not junk food. Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

i've found cereal bar/ granola bars pretty good......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I envy your metabolism but not your constant hunger. Carbs is what you seem to he craving so like the other poster said, cereal bars would be a good call! You must be doing some serious paddling if you're hungry in that kind of time. Also, I find apples MAKE me hungry.

Advertisement