Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you think happens when you die?

• 25-03-2012 1:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

A lot of people will say it's like before being born or that we go upstairs to heaven with the Gods.
    But I think we are just part of cells. The earth is probably just a tiny molecule or perhaps similar to an electron. It's going around the Nucleus ( Star - "the Sun"). We could be tiny creatures living in one cell. Smaller than bed bungs (a typo here but it sounds funny :D) to put it in some sort of perspective albeit an obscure one.
    Sometimes I can't wait to die just to see what happens. Will we just cease to exist? It seems like such a waste. Will I never see people who have died again? Because that's depressing.
    I don't see why people are so quick to say there is nothing after death. We have no proof of anything either way. I remember being very small and thinking I used to see angles in the corner of my eye and I'd look in disbelief really quick but nothing. I still happens from time to time but rare.
    I'm just not sure I see the point in life if it comes to an end with everything becoming nothing. But then again why should there be a point.
    We'll probably never understand:(
    It can just be as annoying to think where did it all begin. What was before the big bang and how did these gases come about. Is there anything out of this universe I wonder. I don't think we will truly ever understand everything such as time but I just hope we do. I'd love to have all the answers.
    What do other people think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Friel

We lie in the ground and get eaten by insects. Lets be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I am not to convinced I will yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Sweet, sweet nothingness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

What do you think happens when this topic is repeated ad nausem in this forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

My mates will try and ride my sisters :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Wormfood

Nothing, I'd think. Humans can't comprehend the idea of "nothing" - when we think of nothing we think darkness, but even darkness is something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

Friel wrote: »

What if you get cremated?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Even though I have no reason to believe so and in reality it is probably a ridiculous idea, I think will always believe there is some thing more after death. I have no idea what, but something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Read 'life between lives' research. An interesting read, no matter what you think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Our friends and those close remember us. That's enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Eramen

Only the ego dies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭acidskiffle

We travel aimlessly through the universe as pure energy for eternity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭tony007

We enter an indescribable realm of such difference that the words we use in this realm, by their very origin, cannot describe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

I'm counting on a parallel universe. Counting on them all.

Aoifey! wrote: »
    Even though I have no reason to believe so and in reality it is probably a ridiculous idea, I think will always believe there is some thing more after death. I have no idea what, but something.

I hope it's something like Funderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Experienced sluts and alcohol. I am of course being overly optimistic.
    I have no idea and try my best not to think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I'm aiming more for Disneyland, but with no queues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

family/ friends/ people i never really knew have a day on the lash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

probable the same as before you were born, nothing.

• Advertisement

Karsini wrote: »
    Nothing, I'd think. Humans can't comprehend the idea of "nothing" - when we think of nothing we think darkness, but even darkness is something.

Exactly. Nothingness is impossible to comprehend. When people say that they'd prefer to die than be in pain, I find it very hard to agree. First, there are no certainties on what actually happens.

tony007 wrote: »
    We enter an indescribable realm of such difference that the words we use in this realm, by their very origin, cannot describe.

Actually, that's a bit like Funderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

The same thing that happens all animals.

Alas, not to worry.

Or Westport House. On a really nice day, with your family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Session?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

When we die, our bodies become the grass, and the antelope eat the grass. And so we are all connnected in the great Circle of Life. -Mufasa

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

AgileMyth wrote: »
    When we die, our bodies become the grass, and the antelope eat the grass. And so we are all connnected in the great Circle of Life. -Mufasa

Mufasa had some serious wisdom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Most likely nothing. I remember falling in work a few years ago and being knocked unconcious and if it's anything like that then there is really nothing to be afraid of. Thinking about it is probably worse than the actuality.

Ideally I would like to think that we are on a constant loop and just get to do it over again.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Search the web and Utube ....interesting .Why ask posters ???

• Advertisement

paddyandy wrote: »

For their opinions...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I don't really care where I go as long as it's not being re-born on Earth again. One lifetime is enough thank you.

Turtyturd wrote: »

Ideally I would like to think that we are on a constant loop and just get to do it over again.

Like respawning. That would be great. You could correct your mistakes then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Im not very religious tbh as in the mainpart i just see it as a leash used to control the masses but it brings people peace and comfort so what's the harm.

But i honestly think it's just nothingness, although i have the most vivid memories of before i was born wondering what life would be like and these never really faded with time, i remember telling my mam when i was like 2 and being told i was only making it up.

So the question begs how did i even know to wonder what it was like if i was just an unborn child, puzzling indeed, but even if it's just nothingness what is there to fear if all that went before me went into the darkness unafraid then i am happy to also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I hope its a good feeling, I've a college friend who's a surgeon in the mater, he tells me his near death patients are often unhappy to be brought back from the brink.. Hopefully that's a good sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Foghladh

Because it's called getting opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Nothing happens, I expect. We won't be aware of anything. If we're lucky, we live on for a while in the minds of our loved ones (and maybe even society as a whole if we've contributed something great).

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Foghladh wrote: »
    Because it's called getting opinions?

opinions mean absolutely n o t h i n g . Try the web !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I think you pay the new you died tax of 150 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Mufasa had some serious wisdom!
    Sometimes I wish my own father was a lion..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

When you die, you die ... you end, you cease to exist!

I really don't see what's so great about believing that there's more after death.

It's like a false comfort. It's a way of allowing yourself to let the present slip away, because after all, you're going to be here, in some form, for "eternity". :rolleyes:

You're not, though. You only have one life, the here and the now. Any of us could be gone tomorrow. So you should just make the most of each day and of each minute that you have, instead of assuming that you have an eternity of days and minutes stretching out ahead of you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Foghladh

opinions mean absolutely n o t h i n g . Try the web !

Where we'll discover what? The definitive answer to the question of life after death?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Friel wrote: »

inverterbrates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Our brain shuts down, simple. And what is life without our brain functioning? We can't think, we can't feel, we can't walk, we can't talk. That's what happens.

And don't give me none of that soul crap either.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭starch4ser

we start to smell real bad

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Fcuk all

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

Th

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

Been done to death this one !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

Seems to be a lot of 'probably nothing' posts, I don't get how people are so quick to say this when our prespective on all this is very very very limited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

My rockin' soul will attach itself to a new born and I'll get to do this sh!t all over again not remembering any of my mistakes! Bring it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I really find it hard to imagine the nothingness. how can their be nothingness

• Advertisement
Advertisement