Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you think happens when you die?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Deki wrote: »
    Ok. I will accept what you think as your belief. I will go on believing what I believe.

Well you see the difference here is I THOUGHT to believe what I believe, where as you just believe what you have been told to believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

I have to tell you that I was not taught to believe. I came to my conclusions on my own. The title of this thread was what I thought would happen when I died. I said my soul would go to heaven and my physical body would eventually rot. Somehow that led to a debate on the my ludicrous (not sure if that was the word used- but something to that effect) belief, a side thing that debated the omniscience of God, and many other off shoots. I told you in the beginning I could not prove my belief and wouldn't try to prove it but you chose to try to prove to me God's non existence. I still don't know why it is such an affront to you that I believe in God. It really isn't any skin off my behind that you don't. I am puzzled as to why you insist that everyone think what you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

feck all. Become worm food.

I have to tell you that I was not taught to believe. I came to my conclusions on my own. The title of this thread was what I thought would happen when I died. I said my soul would go to heaven and my physical body would eventually rot. Somehow that led to a debate on the my ludicrous (not sure if that was the word used- but something to that effect) belief, a side thing that debated the omniscience of God, and many other off shoots. I told you in the beginning I could not prove my belief and wouldn't try to prove it but you chose to try to prove to me God's non existence. I still don't know why it is such an affront to you that I believe in God. It really isn't any skin off my behind that you don't. I am puzzled as to why you insist that everyone think what you think.

Simply because it is irrational for anybody to believe in something which produces no evidence and is simply based on faith that it is true.

I do however feel that there must be some part of the brain which has evolved with the need to believe in a higher power to make sense of the world. This is no longer necessary, but has evolved with us. To me this seems like it may be a reason why people blatantly ignore evidence in favour against religion and ignore the lack of evidence for religion.

I don't want to insist that everyone believes the same way as me. I'm just horrified to see how the majority of the human race thinks. It's frightening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭positron

I still don't know why it is such an affront to you that I believe in God.

It's probably wrong to single out this question, but I feel that, to someone who doesn't believe in your idea of God and your idea of ideal religion, will naturally see you partly responsible all the bad things that was historically done by, or inspired by your god and religion. If you can step out and look at the bigger picture for a second, you are experiencing what's average Muslim person is feeling, due to the actions of some other Muslims who has done despicable things. From outside the confines of your religion, someone look into it, looks at it the same way - your belief - directly or indirectly is aiding bad people do bad things to ordinary people. And as long as you associate with that group of people, anyone who is looking in from outside, will put some of that responsibility of your head too.

Simples really.

• Advertisement

shizz wrote: »
    I do however feel that there must be some part of the brain which has evolved with the need to believe in a higher power to make sense of the world. This is no longer necessary, but has evolved with us.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 14 defoe18

You realise that consiousness is all there is. A previous poster called it right, "the ego that you think you are dies, consiousness is and always be there. Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

positron wrote: »
    It's probably wrong to single out this question, but I feel that, to someone who doesn't believe in your idea of God and your idea of ideal religion, will naturally see you partly responsible all the bad things that was historically done by, or inspired by your god and religion. If you can step out and look at the bigger picture for a second, you are experiencing what's average Muslim person is feeling, due to the actions of some other Muslims who has done despicable things. From outside the confines of your religion, someone look into it, looks at it the same way - your belief - directly or indirectly is aiding bad people do bad things to ordinary people. And as long as you associate with that group of people, anyone who is looking in from outside, will put some of that responsibility of your head too.

Simples really.

http://faildesk.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/are_you_serious_face2-300x287.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

That is awful to read.
    Try a more modern translation. It doesn't differ in meaning from the KJV, the way it is expressed is more accessible. That's simply because language has changed since 1611.
    “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
    “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.
    (Matthew 7:12-14 ESV)

I don't see how it is irrational to look to the Bible, and to examine how its claims are evident in reality. That's simply what I've aimed to do since and before I became a Christian.

Simply put, I find that the Biblical approach to reality, the human condition is more accurate than any secular portrayal of this. The secular portrayal runs away from the simple truth that all have done what is wrong. The Biblical text deals with this head on, it tells us that we were created for God's glory, that man screwed up, but that Jesus has given mankind grace to be restored to God. The sin of man is clear, it's accounted for daily in newspapers and TV news. Deep down in our own heart, we all know that we've done what is wrong rather than what is right. Through Jesus, we become accountable for it, we accept that there is nothing we can do to be right with God, but through Jesus' death and resurrection we can come into a new relationship with Him.

The idea of God, isn't hugely difficult to understand. There's good and sound reason that one would believe that God created the heavens and the earth. Simply put because the universe ultimately must have a cause. We can run away from this concept as much as we like, but ultimately nothing comes out of nothing. The idea of objective morality also isn't very difficult to explain. The idea of God, seems a whole lot more reasonable than atheism from my perspective. The Gospel makes a lot of sense, and God's existence makes a lot of sense.

The world can proclaim that the Gospel is nonsense, or that God's existence is fundamentally unlikely, but ultimately I haven't seen much to convince me through the noise. On the other hand, I sought to see what I made of this whole God thing about 5 years ago by reading the Bible. It's changed my perspective of life ever since.

So why should I be an atheist when I see plenty of reason to believe in Jesus and none to deny His truth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

positron wrote: »

Simples really.
    I find your response confusing.
    I do not blame all Muslims for the acts of a few. Now you are interjecting a new element. Atrocities performed in the name of God are performed by men who claim to be acting at his direction, that doesn't mean they are. My God tells me to love my neighbor as I love myself. He tells me to pray not only for those dear to me but for my enemies. It seems to me, and again this is just my own opinion, but most atheists have made atheism their religion. I am not a fan of organized religion as they are set up by men.. I believe Satan influences all men and sometimes they fail, even if you are a "good" person you can't be perfect. If you could have been perfect there would have been no reason for Christ to shed his blood to cover the sins of the world. I believe in salvation through Jesus Christ not by works but by Grace. Well this is certainly off topic and getting way too preachy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

The world keeps turning and if your lucky people might remember you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,288 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

philologos wrote: »
    Try a more modern translation. It doesn't differ in meaning from the KJV, the way it is expressed is more accessible. That's simply because language has changed since 1611.

I don't see how it is irrational to look to the Bible, and to examine how its claims are evident in reality. That's simply what I've aimed to do since and before I became a Christian.

Simply put, I find that the Biblical approach to reality, the human condition is more accurate than any secular portrayal of this. The secular portrayal runs away from the simple truth that all have done what is wrong. The Biblical text deals with this head on, it tells us that we were created for God's glory, that man screwed up, but that Jesus has given mankind grace to be restored to God. The sin of man is clear, it's accounted for daily in newspapers and TV news. Deep down in our own heart, we all know that we've done what is wrong rather than what is right. Through Jesus, we become accountable for it, we accept that there is nothing we can do to be right with God, but through Jesus' death and resurrection we can come into a new relationship with Him.

The idea of God, isn't hugely difficult to understand. There's good and sound reason that one would believe that God created the heavens and the earth. Simply put because the universe ultimately must have a cause. We can run away from this concept as much as we like, but ultimately nothing comes out of nothing. The idea of objective morality also isn't very difficult to explain. The idea of God, seems a whole lot more reasonable than atheism from my perspective. The Gospel makes a lot of sense, and God's existence makes a lot of sense.

The world can proclaim that the Gospel is nonsense, or that God's existence is fundamentally unlikely, but ultimately I haven't seen much to convince me through the noise. On the other hand, I sought to see what I made of this whole God thing about 5 years ago by reading the Bible. It's changed my perspective of life ever since.

So why should I be an atheist when I see plenty of reason to believe in Jesus and none to deny His truth?
    But sure most stories in books and other works of fiction can be very believable too. Have you heard of science?

For the record, im gonna say wormfood and ceasing to exist.

I find your response confusing.
    I do not blame all Muslims for the acts of a few. Now you are interjecting a new element. Atrocities performed in the name of God are performed by men who claim to be acting at his direction, that doesn't mean they are. My God tells me to love my neighbor as I love myself. He tells me to pray not only for those dear to me but for my enemies. It seems to me, and again this is just my own opinion, but most atheists have made atheism their religion. I am not a fan of organized religion as they are set up by men.. I believe Satan influences all men and sometimes they fail, even if you are a "good" person you can't be perfect. If you could have been perfect there would have been no reason for Christ to shed his blood to cover the sins of the world. I believe in salvation through Jesus Christ not by works but by Grace. Well this is certainly off topic and getting way too preachy.

Explain to me how, if God created us, we aren't perfect to begin with? Why doesn't god just start over if he made a mistake with us. Why should we have to suffer for his mistakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

We go to Narnia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

But sure most stories in books and other works of fiction can be very believable too. Have you heard of science?

For the record, im gonna say wormfood and ceasing to exist.

I'm quite happy to accept that science describes the natural universe. I don't see the conflict in respect to Christianity. I find it is often assumed rather than demonstrated.
    Explain to me how, if God created us, we aren't perfect to begin with? Why doesn't god just start over if he made a mistake with us. Why should we have to suffer for his mistakes?

Unless you're claiming that free will was a mistake? I don't feel it is, and I'm sure you don't either. However, it does have the side effect that we can fall into sin, and indeed that we are accountable for our disobedience before God. Clearly however, God thought it best that we were free willed rather than automaton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Ha I could have written this myself in another thread !

Some people on Boards cannot accept that not everyone has the same opinions/beliefs/morals. It's very strange.

You stay strong my friend :)

I'm quite happy to accept that science describes the natural universe. I don't see the conflict in respect to Christianity. I find it is often assumed rather than demonstrated.

Unless you're claiming that free will was a mistake? I don't feel it is, and I'm sure you don't either. However, it does have the side effect that we can fall into sin, and indeed that we are accountable for our disobedience before God. Clearly however, God thought it best that we were free willed rather than automaton.

No. Free will is because we all have our own minds to decide what we want. But since god gave us free will, why should we be punished for doing what we want? If he wanted us to live our lives the way he wants us to maybe he should of run through the rules with us before we were born. That way everyone in the world would get a fairer chance at getting into heaven. Of course I'm referring to the people who have never and will never hear about Christianity. They are dammed to hell for God's mistake. Or will be demoted in the next reincarnation. Or whatever happens to you if you believe in another religion.

The whole thought process is ludicrous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

You got any scientific evidence to back that up or is it a belief of yours?

Well the bit about our consciousness is proven by neurology, energy theory by physics.

You may of course believe in the soul, which changes everything. So yes I am offering a personal opinion as per the title of the post which asks what you think happens. Apologies if I have offended/upset you:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

krudler wrote: »
    probable the same as before you were born, nothing.

This freaks me out more than death. :-/ It's as hard to imagine the nothingness before conception as much as what come after death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Some people on Boards cannot accept that not everyone has the same opinions/beliefs/morals. It's very strange.

Oh sweet irony.

• Advertisement

This freaks me out more than death. :-/ It's as hard to imagine the nothingness before conception as much as what come after death.

No need to freak you out. It just makes this life much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

What make us(people) so special that we have a soul? The only reason my dog doesnt have a soul is because he didnt come up with the idea of one. We evolved over thousands of years, what if dinosaurs hadn't been killed off and raptors were allowed to continues to evolve they may have been the dominant species of this big blue planet, would they have had souls?

I have to agree with an earlier post that people just cant comprehend nothingness. Thus why "gods" were created. Most modern regions share commonalities and I have no doubt they stem back to much older regions. The obvious question is where did the first religions come from? Bringing us back to people cant understand just dying so they created "god" to dance around and worship. Were just posh biological computers, we have bigger brains then other animals and that's the only major difference.

But hey if you need a god good luck to you each to their own and I see how nice and comforting it is and can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Doylers wrote: »
    What make us(people) so special that we have a soul? The only reason my dog doesnt have a soul is because he didnt come up with the idea of one. We evolved over thousands of years, what if dinosaurs hadn't been killed off and raptors were allowed to continues to evolve they may have been the dominant species of this big blue planet, would they have had souls?

I have to agree with an earlier post that people just cant comprehend nothingness. Thus why "gods" were created. Most modern regions share commonalities and I have no doubt they stem back to much older regions. The obvious question is where did the first religions come from? Bringing us back to people cant understand just dying so they created "god" to dance around and worship. Were just posh biological computers, we have bigger brains then other animals and that's the only major difference.

But hey if you need a god good luck to you each to their own and I see how nice and comforting it is and can be.

Watched a programme about paganism and how pagans were converted to christianity. Anyway they adopted the pagan rites into feast days so all hallows eve coincides with all souls(saints?) day and christmas is celebrated in Dec although jesus was born in another month. This was to make it easier to convet pagans. I know people who get huge comfort from their fate especially during bereavements and I have to say I am envious sometimes but I personally can' buy into any of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭paulosham

Holy God chops up our souls into tiny little pieces so that lots of other baby sinners can grow up to be just like us, ad infinitum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

I believe in a mixture of reincarnation and heaven. Bit of time spent in both. But I am a firm believer I have been on this earth before.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭RussellTuring

Automata. For your assertions to be of any consequence, you first need to demonstrate that your god is responsible for this concept of free will. Unfortunately for you, a belief in the existence of something like this doesn't necessarily mean your god exists. I could easily say that my god, Derek, invented the concept of gravity. That doesn't mean he exists.

Additionally, could you give us your idea of what free will is? I'm not sure I accept it as readily as you, let alone your assumption that it was something that had to be created at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

you go to a lovely place where it's always sunny and you see all your old pets again ... no no wait they scatter the ashes/chuck you in a hole and that's that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

No. Free will is because we all have our own minds to decide what we want.
    Free will is a bit of a myth. Sure it's possible any one of us could do any number of things but human behaviour is very predictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

We try to get in touch with Psychic Sally.......

• Advertisement

ScumLord wrote: »
    Free will is a bit of a myth. Sure it's possible any one of us could do any number of things but human behaviour is very predictable.

I look upon free will as the ability to choose what ever you want to do. Nothing more nothing less. In that sense I don't see how free will is a myth. But of course it's subject to consequence and that affects decisions, but it never the less doesn't take away from the ability to think and do as you want. There's no one guiding your hand.

I look upon free will as the ability to choose what ever you want to do. Nothing more nothing less. In that sense I don't see how free will is a myth. But of course it's subject to consequence and that affects decisions, but it never the less doesn't take away from the ability to think and do as you want. There's no one guiding your hand.
    You don't choose anything, your forced into choices by instinct and social conditioning. Computers can even predict what choices you'll make before you can verbalise them based not only on readings of your brain but based on the fact humans are as predictable as a flock of birds or a herd of cattle. If humans were not predictable the likes of Derren Brown would be out of a job.

Doylers wrote: »
    I have to agree with an earlier post that people just cant comprehend nothingness. Thus why "gods" were created. Most modern regions share commonalities and I have no doubt they stem back to much older regions. The obvious question is where did the first religions come from? Bringing us back to people cant understand just dying so they created "god" to dance around and worship. Were just posh biological computers, we have bigger brains then other animals and that's the only major difference

Need for a 'God' person is a direct result of our fear. As a modern society we can't really comprehend the sort of fears our early ancestors would have experienced, but usually when you can't explain something, it gets attributed to an unknown power - which in turn gets defined as God, imho.

This is very clear if you look at the gods in Hindu mythology. Sun, Moon are all gods according to ancient Indians. So is the sea. And lightening is a weapon one of the gods wield. You can see similarities to Nordic concept of Thor etc. Essentially fear and not being to understand / comprehend and explains something is where the 'all knowing' God comes in. It's like infinity in Maths.

As soon as you start understanding things, God's role comes down. For instance, Moon is no longer an impressive God once we have realized that it's a celestial body made of whatever (no, not cheese). Same with Sun. If it's a fiery distant thing that no one understood, it's a God, a very powerful one as it's clearly influences all sorts of things. But as the science advances, we know what Sun is, and it's still a powerful thing, but no longer a God. Even today, some people would turn to 'God' when it comes to questions like what happened before the Big Bang etc.

So, imho, fear makes us behave irrationally - concept of God is one of the many things human-beings tend to do, irrationally.

You don't choose anything, your forced into choices by instinct and social conditioning. Computers can even predict what choices you'll make before you can verbalise them based not only on readings of your brain but based on the fact humans are as predictable as a flock of birds or a herd of cattle. If humans were not predictable the likes of Derren Brown would be out of a job.

Yeah but I still chose. I understand what you are saying but if that's the way the computer knows what choices I make, it's from reading my thought processes that leads to my decision. If I was really completely predictable the computer wouldn't need to take any readings. I fully agree with predictability in forced situations though. That's how Derren Brown works.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

What do you think happens when you die?

What do other people think?

Remember the exact moment you fell asleep last night, no, either do I, I expect the moment of death to pass like that.
    Chances are your consciousness only exists cause the one in 300 million sperm got to the egg first.
    Your 70+ odd years of memories is completely insignificant in the lifetime of a universe.
    Enjoy it while you have it.

Yeah but I still chose.
    I think it would be more of a cause and effect situation. A happens and you choose B, While you could do anything you will only ever do B.

I understand what you are saying but if that's the way the computer knows what choices I make, it's from reading my thought processes that leads to my decision.
    The decision to take a certain action doesn't start in the part of the brain that makes choices, it starts somewhere else and goes through the part of the brain that makes you think it's a choice.
    I fully agree with predictability in forced situations though. That's how Derren Brown works.
    It's not a forced situation, he knows that if he inputs the right data the machine he's working with will inevitably come out with the same response. We are so predictable supermarkets can make people follow a specific path around the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 ihopethisfi

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CJC999
    I would hate to think that there was nothing after i died which is why i believe there is something.
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    You believe something because you wouldnt like if there was nothing beyond this life?

That has to be one of the weakest things I've ever read! Sorry, but thats pretty pathetic.... no offense!

He believes in something because it gives him hope and faith and morals to live his life by. Why harass him about his own beliefs . All you devout atheists are a bunch of condescending PRICS.

He believes in something because it gives him hope and faith and morals to live his life by. Why harass him about his own beliefs . All you devout atheists are a bunch of condescending PRICS.

Lol, when was the last time someone came to my door with a Richard Dawkins book and asked me if I am still religious. Oh yeah, that's right. NEVER! Christians on the other hand... ah well, let's not go there, or else someone on the interwebs would call me a 'pric'. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

All you devout atheists are a bunch of condescending PRICS.

It's spelled "PRICKS".

A godless man would know that.

I think it would be more of a cause and effect situation. A happens and you choose B, While you could do anything you will only ever do B.

Yeah but then this ties in with a predetermined path or whatever. You personally will always only choose that action because when you choose it you wont have a chance to choose another action. Where as someone else may have chose a different action in that scenario.
    The decision to take a certain action doesn't start in the part of the brain that makes choices, it starts somewhere else and goes through the part of the brain that makes you think it's a choice.
    So what you are saying here is basically instinct driving the decision? I would agree with that, but where do we draw the line on what is you? It is still your brain making the decision whether it is subconscious or not.
    It's not a forced situation, he knows that if he inputs the right data the machine he's working with will inevitably come out with the same response. We are so predictable supermarkets can make people follow a specific path around the shop.

That sounds like a forced situation to me?

I agree humans can be predictable, so can every animal. I don't think we are any different to any animal only that we have evolved in our own way.

I don't believe in free will as a sense of a gift given to us and it separates us from the animals. I just look at it as a way to describe our conciousness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Nothing. Not even nothing. Not blackness, not emptiness or open space. Absolutely nothing! Its hard for some people to understand :eek:

• Advertisement

That really is fair enough that he does, but I would hate to think that the only thing keeping us living morally is god fearing.

Also "devout atheists" hahaha

Seachmall wrote: »
    It's spelled "PRICKS".

A godless man would know that.

I know how its spelt. Im not a regular poster like ye losers. I'm not even a devout catholic. I never go to church I just hate it when some atheist starts to belittle someone's beliefs.

So what if someone believes in something . What I find baffling is how hard atheist pricks try to tell people that their is not a god? Great that's what you believe but why try spread your bleak outlook on the after life even if it is true.

So what if someone believes in something . What I find baffling is how hard atheist pricks try to tell people that their is not a god? Great that's what you believe but why try spread your bleak outlook on the after life even if it is true.

Why don't you feel the same way about the catholic missionaries?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭RussellTuring

I know how its spelt. Im not a regular poster like ye losers. I'm not even a devout catholic. I never go to church I just hate it when some atheist starts to belittle someone's beliefs.

The truth is important and the fact that you want something to be true doesn't make it so. I want to believe I live in a world where people don't have to steal from each other to eat but just wishing for it, or praying, won't do anything to change the facts.

Why don't you feel the same way about the catholic missionaries?

I do feel the same way to a lesser extent about missionaries, But at least they're spreading something positive. What good is it convincing someone that when life ends that's it?

I remember when I was in school a person a year above me wrote an 8 page portfolio of why their is no god andsent it to the priest. What good comes out of that for the person who wrote it? And what good comes out of sending it to the priest?

I do feel the same way to a lesser extent about missionaries, But at least they're spreading something positive. What good is it convincing someone that when life ends that's it?

I remember when I was in school a person a year above me wrote an 8 page portfolio of why their is no god andsent it to the priest. What good comes out of that for the person who wrote it? And what good comes out of sending it to the priest?

Are they really? According to the belief, if you don't accept or believe in god and follow Jesus, you are condemned to hell. But then there is the paradox, if they were never told about Jesus how can they reject him? Therefore, surely not informing them of Jesus could save their "afterlife"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

What I find baffling is how hard atheist pricks try to tell people that their is not a god?
    It's spelled "there".
    What good comes out of that for the person who wrote it?
    Writing down arguments is a good way to analyse them yourself to ensure you fully understand them.
    And what good comes out of sending it to the priest?
    A good theological debate never hurt anyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

The truth is no one is 100% certain.
    In my opinion we die and become worm food.
    There is evidence to suggest this is true.
    We have dug up decomposed bodies. Fact!

There is no evidence of any afterlife, NONE!
    Let alone any evidence of the trappings involved, or entry criteria required.

Religious folk have just made up these stories in the last few hundred years (a blink of THIS planet's total existence, not to mention the universe).

There is no evidence of gods or heavens - NONE.
    Evidence may be found at a later stage, but until then, it is ridiculous to assume anything other than "when we die - that's it!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Seachmall wrote: »
    It's spelled "there".
    Writing down arguments is a good way to analyse them yourself to ensure you fully understand them.A good theological debate never hurt anyone.

I don't want to get into a big long discussion here . My opinion is that all passionate atheists are a bunch of WEIRDO CREEPS . Your opinion is probably the right one but to feel the need to argue it to the death until every thinks what you think because ye're so smart ye fkin condescending NERD no-it alls

• Advertisement
Advertisement