Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to do

• 25-03-2012 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

I have to replace all my clothes... Enough said about that.

29, m, dublin.

I cant dress myself well, style is almost non existant and I hate clothes shopping with a passion. Mates are not much better and I am reluctant to ask any of the girls as I dont want to try on 20 jumpers before buying one.

If I was to go to one area in Dublin that could kit me out with a lot of decent quality clothes with the minimum of fuss and a wide selection where would you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Sounds like there's a story there. But anyway

If you've a decent budget, House of Fraser Dundrum is possibly your best bet. depends on your definition of decent quality and what you need to wear to work. Debenhams is probably cheaper but is quite ... pedestrian and unappealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

You could get a personal shopper either to take a bit of the pain out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Ill do the shopping myself so i like what i end up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cooranig23

you need Gok Wan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Cerberus

A personal shopper doesn't just buy a load of clothes and give them to you. You tell them/ask them what you want to look like and they will pick out things that match your style. You still pick what you want to buy. Again, you give no idea of budget at all or what you mean by "decent" or what kind of wardrobe you need e.g. do you need suits, shoes, jeans, shirts etc. A few ideas:

Bargain range: Dunnes/Penneys (don't think you will get much style advice here but 500 should buy you a **** load of stuff here)

Mid range: topman/next/river island/ (might find some young hipster in there that will dress you like themselves :-)) 1000-2000 will get a lot of stuff here.

Premium: Brown Thomas - they have all the major designer brands under the one roof (get a personal assistant to help you pick out stuff that will suit your needs and shape). Dundrum Shopping centre is also good with Boss, House of Fraiser, Harvey Nics etc. Sky's the limit here but no point looking to buy much without 5k+ in your pockets. Realistically 10K+ for a full wardrobe.

If you can be more specific on price and type of clothes you'd like I'm sure we can help you more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

E2k, casual wear, fairly basic stuff, bootcut jeans that are one colour and no holes where there shouldn't be.

got some stuff, what i need now would be 5 casual trousers, 5 jumpers, 10 tshirts, 2 shoes (pub and suit), runners (like sketchers) and probably 2 more suits.

Advertisement