Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IPad 16gb Vs 32gb?

• 25-03-2012 1:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

What are the benefits? Wondering if i buy an ipad I'll get all regretty coz android tabs have sd slots?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    What are the benefits? Wondering if i buy an ipad I'll get all regretty coz android tabs have sd slots?

Isn't it obvious that the 32gb has double capicity over the 16gb? That is the only benefit.

Why would you regard SD slots as the biggest issue?

If necessary you can get an adaptor.

What about the screen, processing power,iOS, available apps?

Also, really wonder why people complain about iPad not having SD slots instead of cameras not having wifi or bluetooth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,648 ✭✭✭✭ted1

murpho999 wrote: »
    Isn't it obvious that the 32gb has double capicity over the 16gb? That is the only benefit.

Why would you regard SD slots as the biggest issue?

If necessary you can get an adaptor.

What about the screen, processing power,iOS, available apps?

Also, really wonder why people complain about iPad not having SD slots instead of cameras not having wifi or bluetooth.

Well sd cards are a way of cheaply
    expanding the memory. There is no reason why the price difference is so big between 16g and 32g memory is cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Go for 32gb! Yes the benefit is that there's twice as much storage, but something to think about... I had a 16gb 3GS that suited me fine so bought a 16gb 4s. With the new processing power in the 4s and new iPad, there's lots of very cool but sizeable games and apps. I found I filled the 4s very quick and had to start deleting music on favor of apps. So I got the 32gb iPad and while I haven't filled it yet, I will definitely be over 16gb soon. Yes it's a joke that apple charge €100 extra for 16gb but it's better to have too much space left over rather than having to be choosy with your music and apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

If you intend on using the iPad to watch a lot of films and you can stretch to a 32gb you should go for the 32gb. i have a 16gb and find it tight if i want to add any more films.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I've the 16GB which is fine for me, have no music on it and most content can be streamed from somewhere.

Have a large storage on Dropbox etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

I won't have music on it, won't be using it for movies. 16gb ok for app and browsing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I won't have music on it, won't be using it for movies. 16gb ok for app and browsing?

Without a doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Im in the exact same situation. I don't know wether to get 16 or 32.
    I'm leaning on the 32 because of the increased app sizes and needed space for college. Like you I don't store my music on my iPad, I use vevo.
    I'm stuck and it's an expensive jump from 16 to 32 when I want to buy a smart cover also.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If you aren't storing music/movies, then 16GB should be plenty. Even Retina versions of apps aren't going to take up that much space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Only thing I would caution on size is if you plan to use it for newspapers/magazine as they are quite large.(E.d sunday times is 1GB an issue, Empire is over 500MB) , can add up quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

dave13 wrote: »
    Only thing I would caution on size is if you plan to use it for newspapers/magazine as they are quite large.(E.d sunday times is 1GB an issue, Empire is over 500MB) , can add up quickly

True, but you could just delete the old newspapers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 blackraspberry

I need help with this! I'm buying an ipad as a gift for a very close friend. It's a significant expense for me, so I'm leaning towards the 16GB model, but I don't want to leave her with too little storage. She has a laptop and iphone already. Should I just get the 16GB one and leave her use the laptop to do the heavy stuff, or stump up the extra €100 for the 32 GB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I need help with this! I'm buying an ipad as a gift for a very close friend. It's a significant expense for me, so I'm leaning towards the 16GB model, but I don't want to leave her with too little storage. She has a laptop and iphone already. Should I just get the 16GB one and leave her use the laptop to do the heavy stuff, or stump up the extra €100 for the 32 GB?

I think 16GB would do if she uses the laptop for heavy usage.
    Ask her what capacity her iPhone is and ask her discreetly how much has she used up. iPhone and iPad capacities are the same so it will give you a fair idea of which model to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Are the new iPads in short supply in the country? I see on the currys forum there seems to be an issue?

Advertisement