Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sawdust as mulch

Options
  • 25-03-2012 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

have a pile of sawdust from cutting sticks during winter. Does anybody know if sawdust can be put on flowerbeds and used as a mulch. I do throw a shovel full into the compost bin now and again. Will it do harm or good to my flowerbeds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭muckyhands

celiam wrote: »
    have a pile of sawdust from cutting sticks during winter. Does anybody know if sawdust can be put on flowerbeds and used as a mulch. I do throw a shovel full into the compost bin now and again. Will it do harm or good to my flowerbeds?

It needs to be really well composted before you use it and tends to lock up nutrients if not but- it drains really well, is a great bulky material for composts when used in mixes with loam for potting compost and has a low PH.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭celiam

Thanks muckyhands, I wIll leave it there until next year it should be usable by then

Advertisement