Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iTunes Match issue when restoring

• 25-03-2012 4:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭

I did a restore of my iPhone earlier today. I had about 20GB's of music stored on the phone with another 6-7GBs available via iCloud (I have iTunes Match set up).

The restore went without a hitch with my contacts, calendars etc but I'm having a problem getting my music back to how it was. My entire music collection can still be accessed on my phone thanks to iCloud, but when I'm on iTunes I no longer have the option to sync the 20GB of music that I want to be permanently stored on the phone.

When I plug in my phone all it says under the iPhone music tab is that iTunes Match is on and that songs can be downloaded and played via Wifi or a cellular network (even when I turn Match off in the iTunes options it will still say the same).

Anyone know a way around this? I'd rather not have to individually re-download 20GBs of music on my iPhone just to have them stored there again.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Disable iTunes Match on your device then plug back into iTunes and you'll regain the ability to copy your music onto it.

Then once you've synced your collection, re-enable iTunes Match on your iPhone and even though it warns about your music collection being deleted, it doesn't actually remove anything and no downloading required. :)

Advertisement