Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIP Jocky Wilson

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Just heard the news. Jocky's story is one of the great tragedies of darts, a brilliant player who just had a rotten time of it in later life. He will be missed.

RIP Jocky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

RIP Jocky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,557 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I loved Reet Petite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

RIP Jocky.

One of the greats!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fandabydozy

R.I.P. wee man :- (

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Just read it now. Very saddened by the news.

He was a true legend, both on and off the oche.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

What became of him after he retired from the darts? He never really done interviews did he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

A true legend of the game of darts is Jocky Wilson,RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Jacksquat

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Very sad news indeed...RIP Jocky

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭sharkey 25

What became of him after he retired from the darts? He never really done interviews did he?
    He moved back to kircaldy . He hardly ever appeared in public. His health worsened by all accounts . There was a documentary made about jocky recently called kirkaldy man , in which he dosent appear .
    This is sad news but not suprising. Im too young to remember him playing but have seen a lot of clips. He was definitely someone transended the sport. Lots of people who have little interest in darts will know who jocky was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭hawkwing

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭briany

Jocky Wilson is the kind of dart player who truly was of his era and his personage summed it up. He wasn't photogenic but he was a true everyman, someone who the fans could really get behind and they did. He will be missed.

All you retro computing enthusiasts/darts lovers, fire up your Amstrads or Spectrums, and load up this one in remembrance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I remember hearing his name in the 80' when I was a young lad and he was a real people's hero. A real shame the way it all slipped away from him and he became a recluse while others from his era are still out doing exhibitions and the like. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Darts was always on in my house in the 80's as my dad played.
    There were some great characters around, bristow, big cliff lazarenko,bobby George, bob Anderson, John Lowe and then there was jocky.
    Had some great games against bristow and the final in 82 against auld stone face was class.
    He was like the jimmy White of darts, reached the final stages of world championships so many times.
    RIP...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

RIP Jocky. One of the reasons i got into watching darts along with the
    crafty cockney. a real shame that he disappeared from darts after the world matchplay champs in 95 , a true legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DartManiac

SEVE,HURRICANE HIGGINS AND NOW JOCKY.80s Icons.RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Tonplus

Sad news indeed..I grew up watching the legends of Darts and Jockey was my second favourite player next to John lowe..Always entertaining.

RIP Wee Man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

lost all his teeth by the age of 30, never washed his teeth as a child cause his granny told him that the english had poisoned the water :pac:

classic - you couldn't make it up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

Advertisement