Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Children Seeing "People"

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

My Nana died 2 years ago and after she was buried we brought my 3 and a half year old nephew up to the graveyard to see her grave. When we got there we were standing around talking, when all of a sudden my nephew says What Nana Lilla? We all looked at him and he walked up toward the headstone and fixed one of the flowers. We asked him what happened and he said, Nana Lilla told me to fix the flowers and she told me I was a good chap.

It was weird yet very comforting in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭aoife1991

I used to scare the bejesus out of my parents when I was very young. I was convinced there was someone in my bedroom (I vividly remember being so scared they were hiding behind curtains and in my wardrobe).

I was also able to recall details of relatives who died many years before I was born, like knowing my great-grandfather was a very heavy smoker, knowing that he always wore a brown cap and a black jacket, that he used to leave a cigarette on the steps of the church so he could light up immediately after mass. I have no recollection whatsoever of any of these, I just remember being scared of the people I saw in my room when I was about 4/5 yo.

My mother only reminded me of the details of my great-grandfather about 2-3 years ago, to see my reaction and also to see if I remembered anything else. I don't think the people in my room and my relatives are in anyway connected, but I wonder if I saw my relatives that I was able to graphically describe them? Both of my parents always downplayed me being able to see people in my room, putting it down to an over active imagination, I suppose I was a creative child ;) But I absolutely maintained I saw them, they used to scare me so much that I would not sleep in the dark as I believed the light would keep them away. Maybe invest in a night light for your kids :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jimmyjimmy123

On 2 occasions ive seen this in action,one was with my neice,in her past address she had to imaginary mates,they were called ellie and desso..she said desso used to come and go at times,but ellie was always there,and that another girl used to be there called sarah,but my neice said she was afraid of her so she didnt join in...and to this day my neice whos now in her teens can remember loads off it,she said she seen sarah just once,she had lovely blond hair and real green eyes...and she said it stopped the day she moved out...

an other time when me son was about 3/4 he was out the side of my mothers house,looking across the side gate at folk goin by,now id know most walking by so wouldnt be suprised if i heard the wee lad talking to someone which was often the case..anyhow one day i heard him saying to someone he loved power rangers,i went around to see who it was an no one there??anyhow this happened a few times...,id hear him in full conversation,but when i went out there be no one there..i asked him who he was talking to,and he said he was chatting to a man who was wearing a suit,and looked like me..as my brother had passed on a few years previous and my son never seen him i thought maybe this could be him,but the odd thing was i never have wore a suit,i hate them,and either would my brother,anyhow he also said that the man said to him that he wouldnt be talking to him anymore and he wasnt coming back..???
    (just to make clear,it takes me 5 seconds to walk from house to where son was,so there was defo no human talking to him"???

Advertisement