Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaticon 2012 - 31/03/12 - UCD

Options
  • 25-03-2012 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hey guys, Vaticon is this coming saturday and i'll be running a small tournament for it. Its on in the student centre in UCD as part of their rpgs, war games, board games, video games and card games convention. Entry to the convention is €10, no entry fee for the tourney and i've been told there will be a prize of a voucher for gamestop or something similar to the value of €30, but i will have to nail that down for defo. The actual tournement will be from 4 - 6 but the convntion is on all weekend i believe.

I know AJ posted about this before, but from my correspondance with the organiser guy we really only have two hours, and they only want us to have one tournament.We can pick the game ourselves, so i'll leave that up to ye to debate. Also Doom, as far as i know, is out of the country, so any of the other lads want to come along and do some recording that'd be great! They are providing two setups, if people want to bring kit for more they can but i don't know how much room we will have, he said space was a bit tight this year.

Its a great weekend, free tourney, and ye don't need to be hauling equipment, so hope i say plenty of ye there!

Are you going to swing by Vaticon next weekend? 2 votes

Yes, because I do no want to incur the wrath of the #grannybasher
    0% 0 votes
    No, because I am terrified of the #grannybasher
    100% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

hey i still didnt get my vouchers from eirtakon

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ladnopoka wrote: »

Should get on to Eirtakon then- Vaticon is literally nothing to do with it (different colleges run them!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

ladnopoka wrote: »

Will you e-mail me on the Eirtakon games account (games@eirtakon.com) and I'll get it sorted for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Hey guys, Vaticon is this coming saturday and i'll be running a small tournament for it. Its on in the student centre in UCD as part of their rpgs, war games, board games, video games and card games convention. Entry to the convention is €10, no entry fee for the tourney and i've been told there will be a prize of a voucher for gamestop or something similar to the value of €30, but i will have to nail that down for defo. The actual tournement will be from 4 - 6 but the convntion is on all weekend i believe.

I know AJ posted about this before, but from my correspondance with the organiser guy we really only have two hours, and they only want us to have one tournament.We can pick the game ourselves, so i'll leave that up to ye to debate. Also Doom, as far as i know, is out of the country, so any of the other lads want to come along and do some recording that'd be great! They are providing two setups, if people want to bring kit for more they can but i don't know how much room we will have, he said space was a bit tight this year.

Its a great weekend, free tourney, and ye don't need to be hauling equipment, so hope i say plenty of ye there!

So what game will be there?

Knowing AJ it'll be AE right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Nutrient wrote: »
    Knowing AJ it'll be AE right?
    STFU. Marvel isn't a game.

I ain't running or involved in this. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I was wondering if many people were heading to this?

Also I don't see the game that was decided upon mentioned here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I was wondering if many people were heading to this?

Also I don't see the game that was decided upon mentioned here.

Shaq Fu.

I'd doubt many people are going. Personnally I can't go the time just can't work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Honestly, com and bring whatever you want to play and we'll decide there i say, dunno if ma ny of the FGC will be there, might be more non-regular fighting game players, i'll just go with whatever is most popular on the day. If it helps i have no objection to running SFxT with gems? Just bring whatever you want to play and we'll decide. Its only a bit of fun really anyway, and better chance of winning the less regulars are entering, €30 voucher up for grabs!!!

Anybody comign tomorrow who could bring copies of games? I'm bringing SFxT and UMvC, my preference is for SFxT with gems anyway. Will be at UCD from about 3.30 on. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Oh, the dates wrong in the thread title. Tomorrow's the 31st.

• Advertisement

Konata wrote: »
    Oh, the dates wrong in the thread title. Tomorrow's the 31st.

Ahha, thanks Konata, is ther no way of editing the post though?? It won't let me do it!

Advertisement