Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident in Limerick pub

• 25-03-2012 10:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭

What pub was there a stabbing incident in last night? RTE news report it as "a lower Henry street pub"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

I can only think of one pub that could be described as being on lower Henry St and thats Foxy's on Bedford Row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Saw guards outside aubars, and going around town like crazy, but I don't think it was foxys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Saw guards outside aubars, and going around town like crazy, but I don't think it was foxys.

Yeah but that's nowhere near Henry St. Was down there in the last hour with the madra and there was no sign of any bother last night.

source wrote: »

Yeah but that's nowhere near Henry St. Was down there in the last hour with the madra and there was no sign of any bother last night.

Aye, seems odd!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Only other pub on lower Henry street, is the one in the hotel there, can't remember it's name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

Unless they meant PA Martins at the junction with Sarsfield Street?

Although I think Henry St turns into Liddy St once you cross Sarsfield St.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Live 95fm says it was Riddlers which is now Foley's.

Just about to say it, just talking to my dad there about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Mockba

TWO SERIOUS 'BRAWLS' TAKE PLACE IN LIMERICK CITY AND COUNTY

25 March 2012
    One man has suffered slash hook injuries, and several others were hospitalised after a fight broke out in a Limerick pub in the early hours of this morning.
    Separately, five men are due before a special sitting of Newcastle West District Court later today following a mass brawl in Rathkeale over night.

The five people injured are being treated at Limerick Regional Hospital following the incident involving a large group of men and women.
    It began in Riddlers Bar around 2 o'clock before spilling out onto Henry Street.
    The five didn't suffer life threatening injuries although one person was slashed a number of times.
    Gardai in Henry Street are investigating and are appealing for witnesses to contact them on 061 212400.
    In a separate incident, the Regional Support Unit was called in to Rathkeale after a fight broke out between members of the travelling community at the Rathkeale House House around 10.30 last night.
    Gardaí from Limerick city, Newcastle West and Askeaton were also drafted in.
    No one was injured in the incident and five men aged from the teens to their thirties were arrested and taken to Henry Street and Roxboro Garda Stations.
    They are due before a special sitting of Newcastle West District Count later

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Ongoing legal case involved in this so I need to lock this.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement