Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place to bring the dog today?

• 25-03-2012 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    It's shaping up to be a nice day out today and I'm gonna be bringing my dog out to enjoy the weather so I'm looking for a good place to bring him. I usually bring him to the Phoenix park but I'm looking for somewhere different today. I was thinking maybe Marley park or something like that. I had him on Donabate beach last week and he loved it. It was his first time on a beach so maybe I'll go back there. Any other suggestions of a good place to go?
    Cheers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

You could try St Anne's Park Raheny, or Dollymount beach (both near each other). The grounds of Malahide Castle are also nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Let the fella have a swim

Portmarnock beach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Thanks for the replies.
    Portmarnock beach sounds good. Might take him out there. Looks like my car is gonna get destroyed with sand again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 RuggieMuffin

Donadea forest is great.

Up around Glendalough there's hundreds of places to bring a dog.

Marlay park have a dog park.

Any beach would eb good. Sandymount is fab when the tide is out as they dogs can run for miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 baptywallowitz

If you're near Kildare, Punchestown and the Curragh are gorgeous walks! My dogs love them!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Donadea forest is great.

+1 Heading up there now with the kids and the dog for the afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Thanks for all the suggestions folks. I ended up going out to Portmarnock beach for the day. Lovely day for it and I think I actually managed to tire the dog out for once! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 baptywallowitz

Mine were disastrous in the heat. Really need water around for a paddle on days like today. Loving the weather. Hope a great day was had!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

My two don't do great either in the heat, they love to sunbathe but when out walking they both start panting fairly quickly. We spent the weekend between lazing out the back and paddling in a river close by us. They were wrecked last night and again tonight despite not a lot of exercise.

Lovely weekend for people to be out and about with their pets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Brought my Cocker to silver strand beach near barna in Galway. First time there, ideal for a dog and beautiful views. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope everyone had a good one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement