Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad stock

• 25-03-2012 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭

Does anyone know any stores in the Dublin / Kildare area that still have iPads in stock? Looking for a 32GB WiFi and I can't seem to find anywhere that still has some.

Tks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

You're best bet will be HMV, which will be getting them in stock on Monday. I managed to get mine (writing this on it :P ) but the stock is very limited.

With HMV you can reserve them now and collect it tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

You could try Tesco in maynooth. They are doing all of apples products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Bugger, I guess this means CompuB and Arnotts are all out I stock? I was planning on heading in to Dublin today after all the earlier reports of loads of stock everywhere :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Shhh

Did you get one? We just picked up a 16gb in Harvey Normans...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I was looking for a 32 minimum, preferably 64, and no luck. Tried Arnotts, compuB, 2 PC Worlds and some others.

Also was looking for ATV and a time capsule in each of those places and none of them had any stock!

Bloke in Jervis PC World said time capsules supply was really dried up, and he thought there were probably new models going to be announced at some stage soon as Apple usually dry up old stock in the run up to announcing new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭jv2000

Branoic wrote: »
    I was looking for a 32 minimum, preferably 64, and no luck. Tried Arnotts, compuB, 2 PC Worlds and some others.

Also was looking for ATV and a time capsule in each of those places and none of them had any stock!

Bloke in Jervis PC World said time capsules supply was really dried up, and he thought there were probably new models going to be announced at some stage soon as Apple usually dry up old stock in the run up to announcing new.

Did you try HMV? Just curious if they got any stock in. I was looking for a 64gb wifi but I think I'll have to wait a while. Was in PC World in Jervis on Friday afternoon and there was only a 64gb 4g model left :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I tried several places in Kildare and Dublin for a 32GB wifi model and no stock anywhere. They had a few 16GB but I wasn't interested. I was told in PCWorld that it would be between 2 and 4 weeks before they got new stock.

I ordered mine off the Apple site yesterday with a dark grey smartcover and the photo dongle. I was told it would take two weeks for delivery. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

I was on to HMV and they are expecting delivery of stock today. So I have ordered it with them and expecting to collect it this evening.... fingers crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Spook80

Dont get your hopes up I just got a call from HMV dundrum to say they only got 16gb in and it'll be a while before they get more.

I'm resigned now to ordering online and waiting but if anyone hears of any 64gb wifi only anywhere at all, can they let me know.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭jv2000

DaveM80 wrote: »
    Dont get your hopes up I just got a call from HMV dundrum to say they only got 16gb in and it'll be a while before they get more.

I'm resigned now to ordering online and waiting but if anyone hears of any 64gb wifi only anywhere at all, can they let me know.
    Thanks

Ah no... Dundrum was my back-up plan. Oh well it looks like it will be the waiting game for me. Serves me right for being too lazy to go to carrickmines on Thurs night

• Advertisement

jv2000 wrote: »
    Ah no... Dundrum was my back-up plan. Oh well it looks like it will be the waiting game for me. Serves me right for being too lazy to go to carrickmines on Thurs night

Same here. Both me and my brother are looking for 64gig and i was even willing to drive up north while i have a few days off but couldn't find any there either.
    Ordering online from apple probably the best bet now and forgetting about it for a week or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

Damm. HMV only got 16gb in. Typical Apple - never have enough stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Same here. Both me and my brother are looking for 64gig and i was even willing to drive up north while i have a few days off but couldn't find any there either.
    Ordering online from apple probably the best bet now and forgetting about it for a week or two.

Pc world Naas had 4/5 left on launch day when I went in. Had a 64 gb. Prob gone now though but no harm in ringing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Maybe try the smaller lesser know places? Mactivate in Blanchardstown were getting stock of iPads today. Maybe try them for a 32/64GB?

adox wrote: »
    Maybe try the smaller lesser know places? Mactivate in Blanchardstown were getting stock of iPads today. Maybe try them for a 32/64GB?

thanks for this, i had forgotten all about them, unfortunately no go till end of week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

thanks for this, i had forgotten all about them, unfortunately no go till end of week.

I rang them - they only have 16gb models, they may get more next week.

I got my 64gb white wifi iPad today :p - Harvey Norman in Blanchardstown had just gotten a delivery of one!! Perfect timing for me! :D:p

datk wrote: »
    I got my 64gb white wifi iPad today :p - Harvey Norman in Blanchardstown had just gotten a delivery of one!! Perfect timing for me! :D:p

ah well, fair play anyway did you just get lucky and drop in or did they have your number?

I guarantee if i order online tonight i'll end up getting a phone call in the morning saying they're in.

ah well, fair play anyway did you just get lucky and drop in or did they have your number?

I guarantee if i order online tonight i'll end up getting a phone call in the morning saying they're in.

I got lucky called just as they got a delivery. I had just placed an order online as well and got an estimated dispatch of the 10th April so go ahead and place the order and the phone will ring!! ;)

Advertisement