Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Still Coughing

• 25-03-2012 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Ive had my dog at the vets for kennel cough about 12days ago, but the coughing which had almost gone is starting again...(not as severe, yet ) I had her on Benylin chesty cough and also tablets prescribed by the vet.
    the chesty cough syrup seemed to work but i saw somewhere else that people recommended the dry cough?? does it matter :confused:
    im off to get more soon so im just making sure if i should stick with what ive already been giving her.
    im also going to try and get manuka honey

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Prob too late now as you posted hours ago but Aldi do 10 and 15 manuka honey for €3 or €4 ;) My dog loves it - I put it on my porridge every morning and let him lick the spoon lol! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Renno123

tk123 wrote: »
    Prob too late now as you posted hours ago but Aldi do 10 and 15 manuka honey for €3 or €4 ;) My dog loves it - I put it on my porridge every morning and let him lick the spoon lol! :pac:

thanks, i actually picked it up in aldi :D
    i tried her on "benylin-dry cough" but she didnt keep it down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Is it definitely kennel cough? I know it can take a good few weeks to clear but persistant coughing can also be an indication of lungworm. Presumably her worming is up to date though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

My pom daisy had kennel cough for 4 weeks. She is only 4 kgs. Others had it for a week or 2, my spaniel only had it for a day... so just affects all dogs differently.

Advertisement