Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4s rattle?

• 25-03-2012 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,858 ✭✭✭✭

hope this is in the right place.

Got a new iphone 4s last week from 3, there is a rather loud rattle up near the camera of the phone, iv not dropped it and it has a case on it as well.

Does anyone else have any experience with a similar issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mk7775

yup exact same here, i think its one of the volume buttons is a little loose, i think its the plus one on mine. doesnt bother me that much though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,858 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Iv checked the buttons around the top and the side but its still happening, phone works fine anyway but its rather loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I had to shake my phone furiously to get this noise. What would you be doing that would ever make this be a problem? It's just some space around the lock button which has to be there to allow the button to move and expand in different temperatures.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's very common, even normal for the autofocus in the camera to rattle a bit.

Hmmm, been reading other forums and it seems to be the norm, its very annoying though, only a slight tap at the back of the phone and it rattles quite loud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

I'm pretty certain that it's the vibrate motor. Nothing to worry about.

Other forums say its the lens for auto focus.

Even if it is, poxy that its rattling like this.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

It's the camera lens/focus. My HTC Desire had the exact same thing too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

It's the iRattle, a new feature on the 4S, it's on mine too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

aoshea83 wrote: »
    It's the iRattle, a new feature on the 4S, it's on mine too :)

It's not exclusive to the 4s. My 4 has it. Either that or it is an unrelated rattle.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 OxiMoron

From my experience repairing these phones
    Rattles in Iphones are caused by the following:
    3G and 3GS models :
    Screws holding vibrator in place loosen.
    Screw works loose from power button barcket and rattles around inside

Iphone 4 and 4s
    The power buton has a little hinged bracket on the back of it. This can have too much play and rattles. It will not harm you phone but can be annoying. The only way to fix it is to open up the phone and remove the logic board to reach the bracket. There you need to replace the home button itself or place a little tape around the hinge.
    4power.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/862/4power.jpg/

The vibrator in the 4S will never rattle.
    The vibrator in the 4 can rattle but is unlikely.

If you can locate the area in which the rattle is emminating I can tell you what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Euripides_

OxiMoron wrote: »
    From my experience repairing these phones
    Rattles in Iphones are caused by the following:
    3G and 3GS models :
    Screws holding vibrator in place loosen.
    Screw works loose from power button barcket and rattles around inside

Iphone 4 and 4s
    The power buton has a little hinged bracket on the back of it. This can have too much play and rattles. It will not harm you phone but can be annoying. The only way to fix it is to open up the phone and remove the logic board to reach the bracket. There you need to replace the home button itself or place a little tape around the hinge.
    4power.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/862/4power.jpg/

The vibrator in the 4S will never rattle.
    The vibrator in the 4 can rattle but is unlikely.

If you can locate the area in which the rattle is emminating I can tell you what it is.

Hi. I have an iPhone 5 just over a month old and it has a very noticeable rattle at the top of the phone. I have it in an "otterbox" commuter cover, could the cover be putting too much pressure on the power/lock button. When I take off the cover, there does seem to be ALOT of play in the button for a 1 MONTH OLD, 600EURO PHONE. IM FURIOUS, and currently eying up the google NEXUS 4.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

The 4, 4s and 5 all have the autofocus rattle. Very annoying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRg4jmzGJZe9W_pC7EtTB3M2Lj9nxkBNNpQM0M0RjiZzfm4-Jl38X0Dy7SQg

Advertisement