Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paste food colouring for fondant

Options
  • 25-03-2012 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I am making a large birthday cake and need a fairly large amount of red fondant. I read online that paste food colour is best to get a vibrant red. Does anywhere know where I could get this in Ireland? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Where are you located? I've seen it in kitchen compliments in Dublin and in anvil in Bray.

Then there's online shops like stuff4cakes.ie who I've used before and have found great. It should be easy enough to find in any good shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Decobake have opened in Dublin beside o'connell bridge, you can buy precoloured fondant or the pastes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Ooh I didn't know that! I'll have to go in and have a look during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Clarke94

I'm situated in Waterford but I could possibly buy online? I found Kitchen Compliments in Dublin but the red was out of stock. I'll check out the other names ye gave there online and see if I can find anything.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

You can order online from stuff4cakes.ie and on decobake. Both are based in Ireland and both do precoloured fondant afaik! very handy

Decobakes website is rubbish though so you're better off finding decobake clane on Facebook. They have the prices in the photo albums

• Advertisement
Advertisement