Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI First Plan Plus L1 - Dental Cover

Options
  • 25-03-2012 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Hi

I am wondering if anyone could help me. Does anyone know if there is a waiting priod when claiming Dental Expenses on VHI's First Plan Plus L1 policy.

For years I had Plan B but due to the current economic climate I had to downgrade to a cheaper policy. This one gives cover for day to day treatment such as gp's visits/dental. So as I renewed in Jan, I have the policy 3 months.

However my tooth started to pain today and think I might need a filling replaced so just wondering if i could claim or is the waiting period like hospital cover - such as 26 weeks etc.

It annoys me that they might not cover something so simple for soon especially when I have been insuraned with them all my life and rarely claim. The max you get back is €25 and that subject to an excess of €25.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

If you are under 50, there should be no waiting period. You downgraded your inpatient cover and upgraded your outpatient benefits. You will be entitled to €25 back per visit up to a maximim of 7 visits. However ,VHI now have an excess on that plan of €25 so you will 2 visits to dentist or doctor or physio before getting €25 back. At your renewal shop around as there are plans with better benefits and a lower premium with Quinn, Aviva and VHI.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

if your tooth is sore a filling wont solve the problem-looking at a root canal or an extraction. afaik if your dental plan starts on jan 1 cover doesn't begin till july 1. if you get your teeth checked in may but wait till july for treatment they wont pay it, as the decayed teeth are deemed to be a 'pre-existing condition' before cover commences in july. make sure you read the small print so you wont be in for a shock should they not pay out.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Unless you have Dental Starter or Dental Plan as an addition plan, the cover will be as I mentioned.

Advertisement