Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 13 Scheduling **Monday - Friday**

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Raoul wrote: »
    Matthew was that your second attempt?

Also if its been simmed you dont have to leave. When the league is advanced it will just sim your game.

That was my second, first was posted in the restart thread. This game's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

It shall be tough for the Raiders to cope without the best defensive playcaller in the league, but hopefully they can win this must win game (and it really is must win, I see no path to the playoffs, even if I beat the Packers, Broncos, Chargers and Bears, if they lose to the Chiefs).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Lukebray wrote: »
    Sorry Berty, I know it's past 10. I got called into work and had to go straight from college, only home now. You probably wont see this but sorry for the late notice, be on asap!
    Missed this post Luke sorry. Was talking to your bro at 10:20 and he said you were not around. No problem.

Can you do Thursday night at 9:00?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

matthew8 wrote: »
    So how does this sim thing work? Do I just leave the league when you're about to advance? Will it automatically re-order my depth chart or anything?

Yes your depth chart will be reorderd. I have Bernard Berrian as my 6 reciever, and he had 3 catches in a simmed game, it possible that there were injuries., but Mario Willaims was back at olb, I play him at end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Haven't heard anything back from BastardPrince so I'll probably go ahead and play Colts v Panthers this evening if I'm free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

SantryRed wrote: »
    No problem Paddy, let me know. Thursday night or Tuesday about 11 would probably be the best times for me. Hope you get it fixed.
    bad news im afaird wont have xbox back till after the weekend go ahead and play the cpu

empacher wrote: »
    working tuesday at 6, hows wed before anytime as long as were finished by 10pm

Say wed at 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

thats cool cya then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

bad news im afaird wont have xbox back till after the weekend go ahead and play the cpu

:( bad news mate, was looking forward to it. Hopefully I'll break none of your players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Berty44 wrote: »
    Missed this post Luke sorry. Was talking to your bro at 10:20 and he said you were not around. No problem.

Can you do Thursday night at 9:00?

Yeah, that sounds good, I'll be around then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Lets have a look at the division

Cowboys 7-4
    Eagles 7-4
    Giants 5-6
    Redskins 3-9

Crucial game here, the Niners and Bears are in the lead for the wildcard spot
    It's possible both the Eagles and the Giants will make the playoffs but it's also possible neither of them will

Crucial game

Offense

Giants
    Big Blue are 8th in passing and 16th in rushing. Alex Smith with 1308 yds since he came to NY and he has a new best friend in Mercedes Lewis TE with 793yds and 7 TD's
    Meandenhall has 4.4 yd average and 5 TD's, LT behind him in the depth chart has 2TDs
    If I could spot a concern that the WR corps are not scoring, three WR's have one TD each. Now Mercedes Lewis is performing but is this a bit over reliant?

Eagles:
    Philiadelphia are 22nd in passing and a mighty 6th in rushing.
    An Oline of Veldheer, Lichtensteiger, Meester, Williams and Clary wouldn't be big names but they are effective. The tackles seem quite light, am I seeing lots of runs to the outside?

The carries are split between Kendall Hunter, Brandon Jackson and Duvon Patrick, 17 TDs between them
    These are fast and shifty backs and it's clearly working. Not of these are particularly heavy or strong, this is a sophisticated running scheme, a bit like the Titans and Bills use.

Colt McCoy under center and has TE Kendricks and receivers Boldin, Holmes and Morgan with good reception numbers, Holmes have five TD's.

This seems to be a very fast and speedy offense with everyone getting their share.
    If I can point out a concern it's the 7 fumbles, it's not particularly high but it's still above league average.

Defense

Giants
    NY are 8th in pass defense and 16th in rush defense
    No notable stats in sacks, Ints or forced fumbes. This is a quietly effective defense, the very opposite of the Cardinals who give up yards but rack up the turnovers.
    Timothy Mingley SS heading to the probowl and leading the team in turnovers.
    Not a lot I can type here, it's an average D, that's good but it's not spectacular.

Eagles
    Here we are 22nd in pass defense and a mighty 2nd in rush defense, Ravens used to occupy that spot last season.
    Eagles are league average in sacks but below league average in forced fumbles and Ints. Suprised at that with the mighty rush defense, need to hit harder and hammer the HB
    Heading to the ProBowl is Nick Collins FS with five picks, this is half the total on the team

Prediction

All to play for here, if the Giants lose they are almost out of the playoff hunt.
    An Eagles win would keep up the pressure for a division title and try to match the Bears and Niners for a wildcard

I think Alex Smith is a bit too reliant on Mercedes Lewis. You see other teams like the Colts trying to stop relying on Vernon Davis so much.
    Can the Eagles shut down Lewis and force Alex Smith to throw outside the numbers? Eagles will need to scheme and maybe double cover Lewis.

The Eagles are below league average in pass defense, can Alex Smith lose some caution and take some shots down field?

And then there is the Eagles run game with there three speedy backs. Shades of Greatest Show on Turf with the speedy offense? :cool:
    Super Mario Williams for the Giants has not done a lot this season, he needs to crush these HB's.

Giants are an effective team, solid and conservative while Eagles attack, attack, attack through the run and pass.

I'm going with the The City of Brotherly Love,

Eagles +10

one week till i get my top rookie HB back. Eagles pass defense is going to come up strong in this one.

ET wont make it tonight have to be in work early tomorrow. I can play before 7pm tomorrow

Giants
    No notable stats in sacks, Ints or forced fumbes. :eek:

Adrian Clayborn is top 5 in sacks and was the top human controlled forced fumbler (3rd overall). Only lost top human spot because the Redskins were taken over!!

I call Shenanigans!! :p

empacher wrote: »
    one week till i get my top rookie HB back. Eagles pass defense is going to come up strong in this one.

ET wont make it tonight have to be in work early tomorrow. I can play before 7pm tomorrow

All going to plan I should be home by 20 past 6, that too late? are you free Friday in case?

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

AliG,from 11-1 tomorrow or 5-6 im free, that ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Giants
    No notable stats in sacks, Ints or forced fumbes. :eek:

Adrian Clayborn is top 5 in sacks and was the top human controlled forced fumbler (3rd overall). Only lost top human spot because the Redskins were taken over!!

I call Shenanigans!! :p

You are judged on your team stats overall ;)

Otherwise you end up like the Texans with two star players on defense who rack up the turnovers and go to the Probowl every year but the rest of the defense doesn't keep up

etloveslsd wrote: »
    All going to plan I should be home by 20 past 6, that too late? are you free Friday in case?

Im off all day friday so whenever suits you

actually i'll be on at half 6 if that suits?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Shane.C wrote: »
    AliG,from 11-1 tomorrow or 5-6 im free, that ok?
    11 am suits me

You coming online AliG?

You coming online AliG?
    When you said 11 tomorrow at one last night i thought you meant thursday doh. i can get on now tho. sorry.

• Advertisement

madalig12 wrote: »
    You coming online AliG?
    When you said 11 tomorrow at one last night i thought you meant thursday doh. i can get on now tho. sorry.
    Hey i can play between 5-6.

AliG you coming online?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Dave/Paully when are you lads playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Dave/Paully when are you lads playing?

Around 7:20pm tonight mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

League will be advanced about 11pm tonight so

Advertisement