Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ovulation

• 25-03-2012 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi. I read on the internet during the week that if you see cervical mucus two days in a row that you may be ovulating. This has happened to me a few days after my period ends for the past few months. Would I be ovulating so soon after my period had ended? I have had a 30/31 day cycle for the past few months after coming off the pill. My husband and I have decided to try for a baby and I'm new to all this!

Comments

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Your information needs a slight amendment - its the right type of discharge two days in a row or more that you should be looking out for. You have discharge from the end of your period to your luteal phase, almost right through to the next period.

It changes during your cycle - what you should be looking out for is when it turns from creamy/thick to clear,runny, slippy, stretchy. A good comparison is with raw egg white. Its this consistency that helps the sperm travel into the cervix and meet the egg.

Once ovulation is over, your luteal phase usually the discharge is thicker white or cream and dries up a lot. When your mucus resembles raw egg white you are good to go ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 june17

Thanks for that. It seems I need to do more research!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Generally if you ahve a 30/31 day cycle you will ovulate around day 15/17

Try using this calculator:

http://www.askdramy.com/ovulationcalc.html

It will give you a rough guide - alternatively you could try some OPK's (ovulation prediction kits) - you can buy them cheap on line - they detect the LH surge (the hormone relased before you ovulate)

Advertisement