Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods Website Offer.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 caz0078

nkay1985 wrote: »
    They're not penalising you; they're refunding you the money you gave them for an incorrectly priced item.

You're not getting the table and chairs. They're not yours. You chanced your arm and didn't get away with it. Move on.

Has anyone got there money back yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

caz0078 wrote: »
    Has anyone got there money back yet ?

It may take several working days for monies to be refunded to the means of purchase.

dudara wrote: »
    It may take several working days for monies to be refunded to the means of purchase.

Ha ha ha yea didn take them several workin days to take the money tho !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Ha ha ha yea didn take them several workin days to take the money tho !!!!

How often have you had to return items you've bought online? As someone who does a lot of clothes shopping online, I've had to return my fair share of items.
    It can take 10 days for the money to be refunded to your card. That's just the way it is, and Littlewoods aren't going to keep your money. You'll get your money back. It's only 21euro, hardly something of immediate urgency.

_meehan_ wrote: »
    How often have you had to return items you've bought online? As someone who does a lot of clothes shopping online, I've had to return my fair share of items.
    It can take 10 days for the money to be refunded to your card. That's just the way it is, and Littlewoods aren't going to keep your money. You'll get your money back. It's only 21euro, hardly something of immediate urgency.

yes it is wen it is littlewoods problem they knew on 22 march that price was wrong and done nothing to correct it till sun 25 march and they have admitted that .

• Advertisement

yes it is wen it is littlewoods problem they knew on 22 march that price was wrong and done nothing to correct it till sun 25 march and they have admitted that .

That doesn't mean that they can return the money any faster. I'm assuming there's a system for doing this and it's probably not something that can be hurried up. Be patient and you'll get your money. It's a problem they are struggling to rectify. They are an honest company, they're not trying to screw everyone over. Get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

You knew the price was wrong when you gave them the money..

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

<SNIP> I don't want the FB mess dragged into this

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Maestro84 wrote: »
    <SNIP> I don't want the FB mess dragged into this

They are acting like spoilt children. Even the name of the group is childish.

It was a mistake by Littlewoods and they have every right to cancel the orders.

Those people who ordered and think they are entitled to it need to get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭PopTarts

After a trip to the small claims court littlewoods will b ruined in ireland after this

Listen to yourself. You're wanting to ruin a company / cost jobs over a pricing error that you knew was a mistake. You're a thick.

It won't happen though.

Littlewoods won't be ruined though but you will be €18 out of pocket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Money hungry thieving cu*nts in this country make sick , they care about more what "rights" they have , delighted none of them are getting the table

RVN10 wrote: »
    Money hungry thieving cu*nts in this country make sick , they care about more what "rights" they have , delighted none of them are getting the table

People often forget that with rights, come responsibilities.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

PopTarts Warned for insulting other posters

RVN10 Please stick to the topic - your comment is the start of going off-topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

PopTarts wrote: »
    Listen to yourself. You're wanting to ruin a company / cost jobs over a pricing error that you knew was a mistake. You're a thick.

It won't happen though.

Littlewoods won't be ruined though but you will be €18 out of pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It's unfortunate but somewhat predictable to see the belief of entitlement from some people on this issue.

It really outlines how people can really delude themselves on what they are owed for something they knew was a mistake. In a way I hope these people waste their money going to the SCC, it will be a reality check for them and it might teach them a lesson.

I'm sure if a customer ordered 10 sofas by mistake, Littlewoods would cancel the order as it was a customers mistake, but god forbid it was the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Smccartn

I too bought one of these tables and chairs. I am having a great laugh at the conversations. My status has changed from processing order to credit rejected.. Wonder what this means? Done think I have a hope in hell of getting it though..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Smccartn wrote: »
    I too bought one of these tables and chairs. I am having a great laugh at the conversations. My status has changed from processing order to credit rejected.. Wonder what this means? Done think I have a hope in hell of getting it though..

Looks like a few people are having their credit refused/cancelled, maybe Littlewoods doesn't want your custom any more. :D

I look forward to the class action nonsense that may follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

The Chairman of The National Consumer Agency was quick to fire off a quote to the Irish Examiner on Monday
    However, the chairman of the National Consumers’ Association of Ireland, Michael Kilcoyne, said anyone who bought the furniture in good faith for the €21 should insist on delivery of the goods.

"My view is: you have purchased it, you have paid for it, so a contract is formed," he said. "In my view, you have formed a contract the minute you hand over the money or your card is debited."

Mr Kilcoyne said buyers were entitled to their furniture "and if they do not get it they should sue Littlewoods".

And then when faced with the facts, the NCA gave this advice to one of the Facebook Group members (posted earlier today)

Our Commercial Practices Division (CPD) within the NCA has examined this issue and considers that it is a genuine mistake in pricing on the part of Littlewoods. The NCA also considers that the average consumer would recognise that the price stated on their website for such a product/products combined is a mistake in their pricing. In light of this, the NCA will be taking no action in this matter in this instance.

There was never going to be a valid claim in this case - the NCA are a joke, giving out bad advice to any journalist looking to pad out a non-story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The attitude of the people in the FB group is just unbearable. They are all giving off the attitude that they are customers and Littlewoods are not treating them properly as they deserve...when the only outcome they want to see for their satisfaction as customers will obviously result in the company having to let people go and potentially go under. Appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

They are all giving off the attitude that they are customers and Littlewoods are not treating them properly as they deserve...QUOTE]

The continued use of "OUR tables and chairs" is what gets me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Smccartn

Just received an email to inform me that I would be contacted before close of business on the 29th march. I am surprised Thayer are even doing that. I don't expect to get anything from them and just purchased the items for a laugh. Think I have three chances of getting the table and chairs that i don't need but am interested In their reply...

This entire debacle is the reason why on the odd occasion that I stumble upon a misprice or true bargain I don't post about it. There is always some chancer who will try and abuse the situation to his advantage and order 10 of the item and then trot out the old consumer rights manifesto when the company picks up on the error.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Got the phone call from littlewoods today explaining the price mistake, can only imagine how many ignorant idiots the poor girl had listen to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

sarah88 wrote: »
    Got the phone call from littlewoods today explaining the price mistake, can only imagine how many ignorant idiots the poor girl had listen to!

Same here, girl on the phone said she had recieved some abuse from people but there was not a lot they could do except apologise for the error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Oh, I had a couple of missed calls from British numbers today - that must have been them trying to phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sinead1

Well I wonder how much interest they are making on our few bob? I didn't get my refund yet....

Advertisement