Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graco Mirage travel system car seat base?

Options
  • 25-03-2012 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

I've spent 2 days looking online to see if there is a base for the carrier of the Mirage travel system. I know the carrier is not technically a car seat but I was hoping there would be a base for it so I don't have to be fiddling around with seat belts (I know I should've thought of this before I bought! :() and could just have the base in the car all the time. The few bits I've seen online suggest the Graco Junior base would fit but there's no definitive answer. Does anyone have one or know if the carrier is compatible with any base? Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I don't know what you mean... do you have a car seat? You can't use the bassinet as a car seat in the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

All the graco travel systems are compatible with this base..

http://www.toys.ie/Auto-Baby-Base-!100215-prd.aspx

but if its not a proper car seat it won't fit any base.. if you ring any of the places that fit and supply car seats they should be able to tell you..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I also have no idea what you mean.
    http://www.tonykealys.com/graco-mirage-travel-system.html do you mean the car seat in this picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Hi OP, I assume by carrier you mean the rear facing car seat for newborn up, that you can also clip into buggy frame. I have the Graco Mosaic travel system, and got the Graco car seat base in Smyths. It's called the Autobaby+Base, I think. It doesn't state anywhere that it's only compatible with the Mosaic system, so I can only presume it suits all Graco travel systems. Great not to have to do the whole seat belt thing every time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭skeptik

cbyrd wrote: »
    All the graco travel systems are compatible with this base..

http://www.toys.ie/Auto-Baby-Base-!100215-prd.aspx

but if its not a proper car seat it won't fit any base.. if you ring any of the places that fit and supply car seats they should be able to tell you..
    73Cat wrote: »
    Hi OP, I assume by carrier you mean the rear facing car seat for newborn up, that you can also clip into buggy frame. I have the Graco Mosaic travel system, and got the Graco car seat base in Smyths. It's called the Autobaby+Base, I think. It doesn't state anywhere that it's only compatible with the Mosaic system, so I can only presume it suits all Graco travel systems. Great not to have to do the whole seat belt thing every time :D

I'm pretty sure that's the base. It seems to have come up online when I've been searching it's just that there's no real compatibility list as such. Thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 eclarke

Hi skeptik
    I have I think what you are looking for for sale, a silver one and a black one if it is not too late! If you are interesed if you'd like to send me your email address and I can send you some pictures.
    Many Thanks
    Edwina

Advertisement