Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Light on modem?

Options
  • 25-03-2012 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭

Okay so to cut to the point,

Internet was working fine for months, then all of a sudden, BAM! red light on the modem (internet light)

the dsl & wifi lights are green, its just the internet light,

I've heard this is a common problem, but have never found the solution, can someone help me out?

When i head to 192.168.1.255, it says the dsl is working but eircom broadbands not. It says that the most common reason for this is due to eircom failing to authenticate the modem (or something along them lines )

any solutions?

thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I know someone who has an eircom modem which can get red lights on it.

This usually sorts it out:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Slydice wrote: »
    I know someone who has an eircom modem which can get red lights on it.

This usually sorts it out:

hah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Jamez735 wrote: »

Internet was working fine for months, then all of a sudden, BAM! red light on the modem (internet light)

I've heard this is a common problem, but have never found the solution, can someone help me out?

When i head to 192.168.1.255, it says the dsl is working but eircom broadbands not. It says that the most common reason for this is due to eircom failing to authenticate the modem (or something along them lines )

any solutions?

thanks,

Hi James,

I would need to run a few direct checks on your broadband connection to see what the issue may be.

Can you private message me with your telephone number and I will look into it for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MUFCCROWE

I am having the same problem at the moment.
    Solutions?

Jamez735 wrote: »

any solutions?

thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BamBam92

turn it off for at least 10 secs and turn it back on!
    happens me all the time its such a pain!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 MUFCCROWE

BamBam92 wrote: »
    turn it off for at least 10 secs and turn it back on!
    happens me all the time its such a pain!:mad:

Tried that, Its been like this for two days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

MUFCCROWE wrote: »
    Tried that, Its been like this for two days now.

Happens to me too, I usually have to stick a pin in the reset button on the back (while the modem is on) and this resets and usually rectifies the problem (until the next time:mad:)

Advertisement