Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems charging the new iPad

• 25-03-2012 5:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭

Anybody else find it takes an extremely long time to charge the ipad? I think i might even have gotten a dodgy charger but it seems when i have it on charge and i am using it, the battery percentage is going down rather than up!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭speeding

Huge battery compared to previous iPad in order to power that retina display. Easily solved by charging iPad over night while you sleep. It's not a big deal and well worth it for that display !!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You have it plugged into the wall using the supplied adapter, yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Mines on its first charge, let the battery run down completely.

Just checked, its been on charge just under 5 hours and its up to 90 per cent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

You have it plugged into the wall using the supplied adapter, yeah?

The charger supplied us actually not working for some reason. I have said that to PC world. So I am using my iPhone charger. Would that be slower than the new one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

siobhanoh wrote: »
    The charger supplied us actually not working for some reason. I have said that to PC world. So I am using my iPhone charger. Would that be slower than the new one?

I think I read somewhere that the charger on the iPhone doesn't have enough power to charge the iPad as fast as normal. Not made for such a big battery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭speeding

iPad charger outputs 10 watts iPhone charger outputs 5 watts. Twice as long to charge an iPad with iPhone charger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Guys mine is taken forever to charge too , I was using a USB extension cable, could this be the problem (like I have the plug and the extension cable going into that , which is then connected to the iPad cable )

Okay panic over seems the ipad is charging much quicker since taking out the extender cable. Now one to the next problem where to buy an ipad cable that longer than two feet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Guys mine is taken forever to charge too , I was using a USB extension cable, could this be the problem (like I have the plug and the extension cable going into that , which is then connected to the iPad cable )

Yes. USB extensions are no use. You're lucky that it's charging at all. If you want to extend the cable you would need to use an Apple AC power cord, like this one:

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/MC359B/A

I use the one off my MacBook Pro.

Or just use a regular extension lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Wow €29 suppose if I'm jumping on the apple bandwagon I better say goodbye to my money :P

Think I'll just get an extension cord

That was definitely the problem anyway. Took 5 hours to get to 36% then removed the extension cable. Got an extra 20% since

It also includes the power adapter itself which is why it costs so much. Apple don't seem to sell the power cord on its own. But yeah, just use an extension lead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement