Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't add funds to PSN account using O2 money card?

Options
  • 25-03-2012 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭

Is there a way to get this to work? I've emailed sony about it because I was charged €0.12 so I was thinking they're just verifying my card.
    All I want to do is add €5 to buy some uncharted dlc so it wouldn't be worth my while to buy a €20 psn card in store.
    I read about people having problems using pre-paid visas but does anyone know if it'll work after it's been verified?
    (I haven't heard back from sony yet btw)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Everything I've read seems to indicate the O2 money card doesn't work on PSN, and you'll just get charged for each attempt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

1ZRed wrote: »
    Is there a way to get this to work? I've emailed sony about it because I was charged €0.12 so I was thinking they're just verifying my card.
    All I want to do is add €5 to buy some uncharted dlc so it wouldn't be worth my while to buy a €20 psn card in store.
    I read about people having problems using pre-paid visas but does anyone know if it'll work after it's been verified?

Happened me too,couldn't add funds to wallet,bloody annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Can't see why it wouldn't work, just got one myself today after nearly getting to max limit on my pre-paid mastercard. I know the pre-paid mastercard worked no bother as I used it to buy Motorstorm RC.

EDIT: By the looks of it after some research, once you try validate your card they charge €1 as a purchase approval test, which will be returned to you after 10 days. After this time, it seems that most people can then use their o2 money cards.

Alternatively you may have to contact either Sony or O2, one of them could be blocking the transaction for some reason and it just needs to be verified on their account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

EJ22 wrote: »
    Can't see why it wouldn't work, just got one myself today after nearly getting to max limit on my pre-paid mastercard. I know the pre-paid mastercard worked no bother as I used it to buy Motorstorm RC.

EDIT: By the looks of it after some research, once you try validate your card they charge €1 as a purchase approval test, which will be returned to you after 10 days. After this time, it seems that most people can then use their o2 money cards.

Alternatively you may have to contact either Sony or O2, one of them could be blocking the transaction for some reason and it just needs to be verified on their account.

The last time I used a pre-paid card was back in 2010 but that was a 3v card. It's funny how I'm having problems now. Maybe pre-payed MasterCards don't have any problems with them?
    I'll email O2 now and I'm still waiting on a reply from Sony.
    People here had the exact same problem as me but I can find the threads to see if it all worked out.

The last time I used a pre-paid card was back in 2010 but that was a 3v card. It's funny how I'm having problems now. Maybe pre-payed MasterCards don't have any problems with them?
    I'll email O2 now and I'm still waiting on a reply from Sony.
    People here had the exact same problem as me but I can find the threads to see if it all worked out.

Heh I remember using 3v card for my WoW subscription. I don't know to be honest as both the pre-paid mastercard and the o2 money card are classified as debit cards, so there shouldn't be any difference, except for the issuers of the card (Payzone for Mastercard, O2 for Money card).

Let me know how you get on, I'm going to give my o2 card a try later when i'm on my ps3/vita so i'll update this thread with my results

• Advertisement

Happened me too,could add funds to wallet,bloody annoying.

Did it work eventually though? or did you just get refunded and that was it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Did it work eventually though? or did you just get refunded and that was it?

nope didn't work at all,don't think I was charged either,I must check.I had a 3v card before and worked so maybe I'll just use that again *sigh*

Tried to use mine, it added to my account which was grand, charged 12c but then I couldn't add to my wallet. Getting same error as you guys.

Tried to use mine, it added to my account which was grand, charged 12c but then I couldn't add to my wallet. Getting same error as you guys.

Yeah I got charged 12 cent but I cant add anything to my account. Have you added money to your account before with the card? This the first time for me with this card so maybe it's just being verified by Sony or something.
    Stupidly frustrating though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

The O2 card used to work not long after it came out. I used it a couple of times.

Then one day it just stopped working, and hasn't worked since.

• Advertisement

The O2 card used to work not long after it came out. I used it a couple of times.

Then one day it just stopped working, and hasn't worked since.

Of course it doesn't anymore! I'm sick of sony and all the errors. If doesn't work anymore they sure didn't seem to have any problems taking money off me.

Of course it doesn't anymore! I'm sick of sony and all the errors. If doesn't work anymore they sure didn't seem to have any problems taking money off me.

I've wrote a thread in the BIZ section of the forums asking to talk to an O2 representative regarding this issue, feel free to follow it there as its a problem i personally want solved for my own sake, and it ties in with the interests of the people who have wrote here :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056587167

I'm not quite sure if its sony or o2 anymore to be honest, I read a post earlier on the internet that if you ring customer services for o2 they can clear it to be used, but other posts contradict the previous.

Hopefully we'll get a resolution on this issue shortly, otherwise I guess i'll have to save up more and buy some PSN cards from Gamesnash.ie

I've wrote a thread in the BIZ section of the forums asking to talk to an O2 representative regarding this issue, feel free to follow it there as its a problem i personally want solved for my own sake, and it ties in with the interests of the people who have wrote here :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056587167

I'm not quite sure if its sony or o2 anymore to be honest, I read a post earlier on the internet that if you ring customer services for o2 they can clear it to be used, but other posts contradict the previous.

Hopefully we'll get a resolution on this issue shortly, otherwise I guess i'll have to save up more and buy some PSN cards from Gamesnash.ie

ah good man,I must have a look at that : )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

My mate had trouble with this, as did I when I was using a 3v card. I got sick of trying after the 3rd attempt and just used the funds on the 3v to buy PSN vouchers off Gamesnash, got the codes within a few minutes.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    My mate had trouble with this, as did I when I was using a 3v card. I got sick of trying after the 3rd attempt and just used the funds on the 3v to buy PSN vouchers off Gamesnash, got the codes within a few minutes.

Aye i've seen this being a popular choice for a get-around, I personally don't want to have to spend for eg 20 euro when the DLC/whatever i want is only 5 euro. leaves 15 sitting there on its laurels when it could be in my bank account instead :)

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Aye i've seen this being a popular choice for a get-around, I personally don't want to have to spend for eg 20 euro when the DLC/whatever i want is only 5 euro. leaves 15 sitting there on its laurels when it could be in my bank account instead :)

That's a terrible attitude - it should be in ours ! :D (and then back to Sony in the end :( :pac:)

Serious reply though is I totally agree with you - if you only want to spend €5.00 it's a pain to have to get a €20 card to do so.

That's a terrible attitude - it should be in ours ! :D (and then back to Sony in the end :( :pac:)

Best reply ever :D Ah well guess you should thank O2 that now i'll have to save up to purchase a card from ya's

@EJ22
    So is it official we can't use our O2 cards? I haven't heard back from Sony and doubt I will! ****in retards!!
    All this bother for €2.99 euro worth of DLC!:D

@EJ22
    So is it official we can't use our O2 cards? I haven't heard back from Sony and doubt I will! ****in retards!!
    All this bother for €2.99 euro worth of DLC!:D

Yeah i've heard nothing back from O2 on the BIZ forums or anything. Kinda a shame since its technically misadvertising on O2's part as it does not act like a normal VISA card.

Also i'm the same, i wanted it for the motorstorm RC DLC haha :D 2.99 and a couple of 75c dlc's. Ah well Gamesnash.ie will get our custom instead now

So.. Kind of a necro of a thread but for good reason. I updated to 1.65 before it was pulled from the market, and I can confirm that for some reason, I was able to add 5.00 to my wallet using my o2 money card. I shall submit screenshots of my transaction history and a screenshot showing it was taken from my o2 money card.

pBqgt.jpg

JLC1g.png

so.. any speculation why the hell its working all of a sudden?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

I was about to post the same thing! I tried it w/ o2 money card and it worked. Before it wouldn't do anything past the initial authorization (borrowing 1€ when I added the card), - didn't get charged for trying to use it - and wouldn't allow purchases because of incorrect details, but it worked just now!

Despite this post/email from Sony saying pre-paid credit cards can't be used.
    Im on 1.66 (had to back up some savedata so I don't lose MH progress again >_>), the latest version.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Wetai wrote: »
    I was about to post the same thing! I tried it w/ o2 money card and it worked. Before it wouldn't do anything past the initial authorization (borrowing 1€ when I added the card), - didn't get charged for trying to use it - and wouldn't allow purchases because of incorrect details, but it worked just now!

Despite this post/email from Sony saying pre-paid credit cards can't be used.
    Im on 1.66 (had to back up some savedata so I don't lose MH progress again >_>), the latest version.

So I can now use o2 money card to buy the Motorstorm DLC?...

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

So I can now use o2 money card to buy the Motorstorm DLC?...

It worked for both of us on .65+, so you may as well try, since we've both had success.

Aye It worked for me, and I know its also worked for 1ZRed as I PM'd him. So whatever they done in their system it works again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Aye It worked for me, and I know its also worked for 1ZRed as I PM'd him. So whatever they done in their system it works again :D

That's good to hear as before I had lots of headaches with pre paid cards and the psnsen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Anyone had any success recently? want to make sure it's not down again :P

Anyone had any success recently? want to make sure it's not down again :P

Haven't tried it since April but it worked eventually after a lot of frustration.
    Sure just try it out and see. It'll prob work out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I never had problems using them in the past, haven't tried in the last few months, but i bought all the black ops DLC with it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Had no problems this time! Now to try and download all those plus titles....:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Good Luck:pac:

Advertisement