Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help needed

Options
  • 25-03-2012 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

I have taken on the idea of putting up a shed. I just finished building several raised beds for my vegetables and need a new project. I am going to use recycled pallets for the main body of the shed but need help sourcing them. I'm in north kildare and if anybody is close by that is looking to off load a few decent pallets send me a pm. i'll keep you posted with the build as it progresses

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,455 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Our local recycling centre has stacks of pallets (well, depending on the day a bit) free to take away.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

is your local my local:D

looksee which recycling center are you on about is it in kildare.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

If you go to any decent builders providers,then they will give you some pallets for free.

tried that already getting stone walled they won't give any out any more for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Yama

looksee, what recycling centre is that, I need a few for a garden panelling project

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

SNAKEDOC wrote: »
    tried that already getting stone walled they won't give any out any more for some reason.

Lot of pallets in a builders suppliers are returnable so they will be charged if not returning them.
    See is there an agri coop near you, fertiliser pallets are non returnable and they should be selling plenty now it's spring. Se if they would do you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

SNAKEDOC wrote: »

Maybe they were CHEP pallets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

i was on adverts.ie earlier and a guy is giving away 300 for free. couldn be arsed looking for the link but have a gander yourself

yea was on adverts and done deal but not travelling to galway for pallets sure i might as well buy what i need for the cost of petrol up and down. few others in louth and that but i think i have it sused a shop that cannot return them cus they come from overseas and i can get them when they get deliveries.

• Advertisement
Advertisement