Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Recommendation?

Options
  • 25-03-2012 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭

I'm looking two pick up 2 x 24" monitors, preferable LED. Would would also prefer if it had an input select so I can also connect my xbox.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

How much are you thinking of spending?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

valid point. €400-450 for the pair maybe?
    Willing to hear choices for a bit more. I know everyone recommends those dell ones but two of those are out of my range unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

The IPS ones? There a 23'' version for €200 or so from komplett.

Do they have input select?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I got an AOC i2353Fh for about €180 delivered. It's 23.6inch, full HD and IPS panel.

Very nice monitor, less than 1cm thick too.

Review here

Also has input select.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Do they have input select?

It is a very standard feature on a modern HD monitor with multiple inputs. But posting the link below for absolute peace of mind. :)

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&l=en&s=gen&docid=DSN_361118&isLegacy=true#Issue4

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I got an AOC i2353Fh for about €180 delivered. It's 23.6inch, full HD and IPS panel.

Very nice monitor, less than 1cm thick too.

Review here

Also has input select.

how is it for gaming? as it looks like really bad for input lag, like 8ms from grey to grey, so it will be even worse in real world for gamers.

I was about to mention the ms and also not a fan of the inputs in the base. I plan to mount these on a monitor stand in the future.
    Preferably 2ms for gaming, LED, 23-24" and I've been told 12-hz monitors are also much better. Input select and hdmi's would also be preferable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

how is it for gaming? as it looks like really bad for input lag, like 8ms from grey to grey, so it will be even worse in real world for gamers.

I don't game on it much, i do have the PS3 plugged into it sometimes though and it looks really good. Obviously not as good as something that costs €400 but good still.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Monotype wrote: »
    The IPS ones? There a 23'' version for €200 or so from komplett.

These ones, reasonable price too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I'm gaming on the 23" Dell.
    Love it.

they are 8ms? Is 2ms not the standard you would want for gaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Response time isn't everything. I've gamed on 2, 5, 6, and 8ms monitors, and I couldn't tell the difference. I can however tell the difference between a TN and an IPS panel monitor, to the extent that I'll never be even considering a TN ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

just noticed your using an XBox. get a monitor that has a headphone Jack so it'll output your audio when using HDMI. otherwise you end up having to buy and use annoying adapters.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    just noticed your using an XBox. get a monitor that has a headphone Jack so it'll output your audio when using HDMI. otherwise you end up having to buy and use annoying adapters.

I have 2 of those adapters, the ones that allow you to use the optical out for audio and the hdmi for video. Taking everything into consideration atm.

Would love to have 2 x U2410

What are the U2412M's like?
    Also is there anywhere that can match komplett's price as they seem to be out of stock

I like it. Not as good as my U2410, but for the price, you can't beat it.

Serephucus wrote: »
    I like it. Not as good as my U2410, but for the price, you can't beat it.

Big difference in the two screens?
    Komplett just emailed me back to say they would be back in stock within 24hrs

Well if you're looking for a U2410, I've actually got my old one for sale. I had planned to go multi-monitor, so I wanted something a bit cheaper. That's since been put on hold for a couple of months, but I figured I might as well keep the 2412 as multi-monitor is still in the books as it were.

http://www.adverts.ie/1379613

I'd say yes, though maybe not enough to warrant the different prices. €250 vs. €450 or whatever it is. The 2410 feels a lot sturdier, and it's got better colours and uniformity than the 2412, but think about buying two or three and they very quickly become expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

€400-€450? wow...

Acer S240HLbid 24 inch Full HD widescreen LCD monitor with LED Backlight

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-S240HLbid-widescreen-monitor-Backlight/dp/B005QVZ79C/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1332781425&sr=1-3

Prices may fluctuate, but iv been watching these prices for some time now and they havent budged..

So for 1 £129.99 = €155.53.

Seems fair

• Advertisement

Serephucus wrote: »
    Well if you're looking for a U2410, I've actually got my old one for sale. I had planned to go multi-monitor, so I wanted something a bit cheaper. That's since been put on hold for a couple of months, but I figured I might as well keep the 2412 as multi-monitor is still in the books as it were.

http://www.adverts.ie/1379613

I'd say yes, though maybe not enough to warrant the different prices. €250 vs. €450 or whatever it is. The 2410 feels a lot sturdier, and it's got better colours and uniformity than the 2412, but think about buying two or three and they very quickly become expensive.

I think I may order the 2 2412's when they are back in stock also btw those Z906's arrived today and sound lovely and im sure will be even nicer when i order and build my system in 2 weeks or so. Cheers
    Akarinn wrote: »
    €400-€450? wow...

Acer S240HLbid 24 inch Full HD widescreen LCD monitor with LED Backlight

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-S240HLbid-widescreen-monitor-Backlight/dp/B005QVZ79C/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1332781425&sr=1-3

Prices may fluctuate, but iv been watching these prices for some time now and they havent budged..

So for 1 £129.99 = €155.53.

Seems fair

You know that monitor is only €135 on misco.ie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

It's not as bright as the Dell ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

You know that monitor is only €135 on misco.ie?

Dont know what your lookin at buddy but its €176 on misco.ie??

http://www.misco.ie/product/188357/Acer-S-Series-S240HLbid-24inch-HDMI-LED-Monitor

Advertisement