Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Lawnmower

Options
  • 25-03-2012 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering what are people's views on this lawnmower, due for sale on Thursday 26th March. We have a small garden front and back so we don't need a big powerful mower. I'm concerned there's no mention of the engine type or a warranty on this tho.
    Would love some advice... thanks :)

IE_71989wk13_01_b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭celticmicky

Tinalouise wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering what are people's views on this lawnmower, due for sale on Thursday 26th March. We have a small garden front and back so we don't need a big powerful mower. I'm concerned there's no mention of the engine type or a warranty on this tho.
    Would love some advice... thanks :)

IE_71989wk13_01_b.jpg

Usually if there is no mention of engine type it is a chinese made engine.

Warranty should be OK as Lidl generally are quite good with other items.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

Tinalouise wrote: »
    Hi all,

J due for sale on Thursday 26th March.

If you're going for it, check your dates!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Tinalouise

this hour has me all confussed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jacob2

the lidl mower has a chinese made engine were the same mower in the uk has the briggs&stratton engine which is a better engine and easy to get parts if needed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 progarden

they should stick to the groceries, anything i ever got was cheap crap

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

progarden wrote: »
    they should stick to the groceries, anything i ever got was cheap crap

Well any of the stuff I have bought has been good quality.

Never had any issues with anything I have bought from Lidl.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=53299

Seems to be Briggs & Stratton ?

Was going to get one myself in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

I got the Aldi gardenline mower last year (roughly the same price, I think its coming in to Aldi in the next few days) and I'm delighted with it. Briggs and Stratton engine. Starts with one pull every time so far and copes with long, wet grass well. Also - 3 year warranty.

Edit: here it is https://www.aldi.ie/self-propelled-petrol-lawnmower/p/060469124844700

Got one this morning, report later

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jacob2

the lidl one on sale is push type were the aldi one is selfpropelled for an extra 30 euro u get a selfpropelled mower got one of the lidl ones last year was go great for a couple of weeks then started cutting out spark plug replaced okay now is that why they give u a spare spare plug i dont think the new briggs & stratton engines are as good as the old ones more plastic less metal

Well set up was easy and did a good job for the first cut. Always starts with an easy pull of the handle. Absolutely no problem at all not being self propelled as it glides along nicely, may be different of course if you had a very big garden.

Bit of a change for me as I've always used a heavy old fashioned mower with the big barrel at the back so lawn was very neat. These ones leave grass a bit longer and not as neat looking, much quicker to cut though. I see Aldi have the self propelled ones for 30 more but happy with this one (& one less thing that could go wrong)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 theBOFH

Well set up was easy and did a good job for the first cut. Always starts with an easy pull of the handle. Absolutely no problem at all not being self propelled as it glides along nicely, may be different of course if you had a very big garden.

Bit of a change for me as I've always used a heavy old fashioned mower with the big barrel at the back so lawn was very neat. These ones leave grass a bit longer and not as neat looking, much quicker to cut though. I see Aldi have the self propelled ones for 30 more but happy with this one (& one less thing that could go wrong)

Just wondering if you would happen to know the dimensions of the lidl lawnmower when fully folded and the bag removed? Looking to buy it but need to store it in a restricted spot.

Tried reaching out to Lidl but no joy, apparently they won't accept returns if the box is opened.

Cheers :-)

theBOFH wrote: »
    Just wondering if you would happen to know the dimensions of the lidl lawnmower when fully folded and the bag removed? Looking to buy it but need to store it in a restricted spot.

Tried reaching out to Lidl but no joy, apparently they won't accept returns if the box is opened.

Cheers :-)

I have it folded up in the shed, folds easily with 4 quick release handles. I just measured it now at 32 inches long, 20 inches wide and 24 inches high which includes the box I have sitting on top so quite neat.

No trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 29 theBOFH

I have it folded up in the shed, folds easily with 4 quick release handles. I just measured it now at 32 inches long, 20 inches wide and 24 inches high which includes the box I have sitting on top so quite neat.

No trouble
    Awesome, legend, cheers "A New earth" . Went and bought one yesterday, so far so good. Thanks again

Advertisement