Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hollands parking ticket fines

Options
  • 25-03-2012 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

hi all.i picked one of these this evening in spijkinesse.i parkled in a disabled spot.anyway does anyone know how much i will have to pay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

hi all.i picked one of these this evening in spijkinesse.i parkled in a disabled spot.anyway does anyone know how much i will have to pay

Hi there,

Not sure if you read Dutch but according to the ANVB site the fine is 340 euros, a lot of fines went up dramatically on 1 January : (

http://www.anwb.nl/verkeer/veiligheid/regels-in-het-verkeer,/Parkeerovertredingen.html

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SEEMagazine

You won't make many friends in the Dutch Police is you call the place Holland (and yes I am aware you're in the province of South Holland).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

If your on Dutch/German/Belgian plates pay it, you'll get reemed otherwise.

If your on Irish plates then just bin it, the tickets go nowhere. (Unless you feel morally obliged to of course)

Basically pay it when you get the letter from the CJIB (Centraal Justitieel Incasso Bureau) in the post.

FFS .. don't go parking in Disabled spots ... hate that :D Your lucky you didn't get towed, you'd spend quite some time trying to get your car back !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Great to see the fine for parking in a disabled space is 4 times the fine for all other parking offences. They should do that here as well.

(no offence to OP)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭barman linen

If your on Dutch/German/Belgian plates pay it, you'll get reemed otherwise.

If your on Irish plates then just bin it, the tickets go nowhere. (Unless you feel morally obliged to of course)

Basically pay it when you get the letter from the CJIB (Centraal Justitieel Incasso Bureau) in the post.

FFS .. don't go parking in Disabled spots ... hate that :D Your lucky you didn't get towed, you'd spend quite some time trying to get your car back !

I was passing through Schipol airport yesterday when Passport control asked me to follow them to a side office. It appears I had a speeding fine from 2009 when I was in a hired car. For this to be linked to your passport is very efficient on their part. I had no recall of getting the ticket - they asked me to pay and I asked did I have to ? They said no - but that I would be stopped every time coming through.

I didn't pay ( yet ) as the fine had accumulated through non payment and I will negotiate with the bureau.

For those who think these things dont follow you I would urge caution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SEEMagazine

They're like elephants, the Dutch; they never forget. This isn't the first story I've heard about 'warrants' or tickets coming back to haunt a tourist. DJ Angi (Cork) had something similar about a decade back...

All you can do is remain calm, be polite, and hopefully you'll come out of it without being on Interpol's Most Wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I was passing through Schipol airport yesterday when Passport control asked me to follow them to a side office. It appears I had a speeding fine from 2009 when I was in a hired car. For this to be linked to your passport is very efficient on their part. I had no recall of getting the ticket - they asked me to pay and I asked did I have to ? They said no - but that I would be stopped every time coming through.

I didn't pay ( yet ) as the fine had accumulated through non payment and I will negotiate with the bureau.

For those who think these things dont follow you I would urge caution.

As I said above, you drive on Dutch, Belgian or German plates they can get your name from the registration.

They cannot get your information from an Irish plate, so there is no way to associate your name to the offence.

When you rent a car you provide a copy of your passport, the CJIB sends the ticket to the Rental company as the registered owner, the Rental company just hands over your details.

Similarly if you go to Ireland and rack up a rake of fines on Dutch plates there is no way to trace it back to the owner, they just have a plate. Stick a Dutch plate into PULSE and it comes back with nothing.

Very efficient though, on Dutch plates if you hit a Trajectcontrole you can expect the ticket to be in your letterbox in 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fireman10

hi keith clancy just seen your post i was living in edam in holland in 2002 and got a fine for no helmet on a moped i cant remember did i pay it now i want to go back this year do u thing i should contact the CJIB to pay or just chance it. if they stop me will i be imprisoned or will the fine have sky rocketed ur advice would be gratefull

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Dont park in disabled spots.

As someone with a disabled parent I'm glad its a large fine.

Advertisement