Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon - Aura gym deal

Options
  • 25-03-2012 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

See Groupon have a deal offering 10 day passes to use Aura gyms Drogheda/Dundalk for €19. Looks like have to use the 10 passes within 28 days of first visit and passes expire at the end of May.

Might come in useful for anyone, like myself, hoping to shape up for summer.

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/east-coast-and-midlands/aura-leisure/4352796

Comments

Doesn't really strike me as great value. Most gyms usually give these away, don't they? To try to entice people in?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Doesn't really strike me as great value. Most gyms usually give these away, don't they? To try to entice people in?

Well one trip, if you're not a member is 8.50 (last i checked) and this is getting you 10 passes for not much over 2 times that. Seems like a great deal for someone who isn't a member.

Perhaps great value for that particular gym, but certainly not great value as a whole. Is it just me or are Aura oblivious to the recession?

I've been a member there a while now and every year the price seems to be going upward. As does the one-time visit costs (for non members).

When this membership expires with them I'll be going elsewhere (if I bother going anywhere at all. I can't seem to get into the habit of going to the gym at all these days :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

KKV I am in agreement , I popped into their Bettystown gym at the weekend to have a chat about joining and get some prices. No bargains to be had 850 for a couple membership WT???? I only wish Ben Dunne had a gym in the area!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

Think that Aura have got a bit of a captive market at the moment, since there's very little alternative!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

anybody in the dundalk area that joins aura is stone mad in my opinion. The prices are high and the gym is absolutely brutal.

If you want a good gym you have jjb and felda. both considerably cheaper and both have swimming pools.

The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Word of advice... stay well clear of Groupon/Citydeal!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 chattycatty

Anyone annoyed with aura for all the classes they book into the pool

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Deal finished, thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement