Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

debranding nokia C5

• 25-03-2012 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

hi folks, i have noticed that the firmware version of my nokia C5 is outdated and the operator has not approved the latest firmware version through nokia sw update.

using navifirm i see that the generic, sim free Uk / Ireland variant for the C5 is more recent..

is it still possible to change the product code and update though nokia sw updater? i tried updating product code through NSS and then verified that it had changed product code, then connected to nokia software update, however it didnt say a new version of firmware was available.. so it looks like the new product code was not detected...

or am i doing something wrong ?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

try nss again & make sure you are using a generic code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Oceans12

try nss again & make sure you are using a generic code.

Hi tried a couple of codes when I open Nokia suite and click update
    It tells me that no new versions are available only option is to reinstall existing version

Does the product code changing trick still work with the newer nokias?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

What you can do is download the generic firmware which also has a brand, lets say the generic has the brand 12345

your own branded phone ( operator specific) contains the code 12727

By renaming the downloaded euro generic filename portion from 12345 to 12727 the generic firmware filename seemingly matches the brand already on the phone.

In that case the Nokia Care Suite 5 software will flash the phone with the generic software thinking it is branded :)

This saves you from having to debrand the phone and putting a generic software version id into the phone itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Oceans12

ok tried a few times and eventually worked, using nss to change product code.. updated succesfully.

Advertisement