Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's For Dinner's new website

Options
  • 25-03-2012 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hey, just seen What's For Dinner have a new website and is now open from 12 to 12 anyone checked it out?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Blatant shill is blatant.

I've ordered from there a few times before. Food was cold once or twice, one time it took 2hrs for the food to get there!

Just eat is much better in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I find them all much of a muchness tbh. Each one just seems to have exclusivity on some restaurants, so it depends who you want to order from. Feedme.ie is another one, and there are some more.

Blatant shill is blatant.

I've ordered from there a few times before. Food was cold once or twice, one time it took 2hrs for the food to get there!

Just eat is much better in my experience.

To be honest, that wouldn't have much to do with the website but more the restaurant you went with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Good selection and always plenty of offers. I'd support it over justeat as it is a locally run business. Have never been disappointed with the food.
    Some nice offers pop up on facebook every now and again as well

To be honest, that wouldn't have much to do with the website but more the restaurant you went with.

With just eat yes, but whats for dinner deliver themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Ive used the phone line and the website a few times now.
    Its great they are finally taking credit cards and the operator has always been fairly accurate with times for me, if its going to be an hour they have told me.
    Still the best reason to use them is ordering from a few places at once, like pizza kebab chinese and beer all delivered at the same to a hungry house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

Tryed them yesterday, delivery was average 30-35 min but ordered from the new fish n chip place in salthill. By far nicest chips in galway would highly recommend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Utter shambles of a company. Will be using Just-Eat in future.

Ordered from Eddie Rockets, waited an entire hour (we're a ten minute drive), guy eventually arrives, asks for money (we'd paid online), mumbled something about going to check (no use being a local company if you're employing Chinese people who can't speak English properly) and walked back to his car. I waited at the door while he checked, but he just drove off without saying anything.

Took the food inside, find out it's not even our order.

Rang WhatsForDinner, was offered absolutely no compensation just told to wait and they'd bring our order. They even took the first order back off us to give to it's inteded recipients (pretty sure this is awful H&S practise).

Needless to say, I'd eaten half of it before I gave it back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

That's shockin tbh.

Had opposite experience with Supermacs.

Guy was handing two large cokes to my brother in the cardboard tray. It feel through the cardboard after he took it off him and spilled on the floor. My brother acknowledges it was his own fault, but the delivery guy insisted he replace it and comes back later with a big bottle of coke in it's place.

Didn't use Supermacs for years because their deliveries were shockin, because of the way they use to keep it warm. It took all moisture out of the food. Back when they did wedges (a long time ago), we got some as part of a delivery order. They were like loose chippings.

Not like that now obviously. Top notch.

Just eat seem to be very good. Only used them twice though.

Utter shambles of a company. Will be using Just-Eat in future.

Ordered from Eddie Rockets, waited an entire hour (we're a ten minute drive), guy eventually arrives, asks for money (we'd paid online), mumbled something about going to check (no use being a local company if you're employing Chinese people who can't speak English properly) and walked back to his car. I waited at the door while he checked, but he just drove off without saying anything.

Took the food inside, find out it's not even our order.

Rang WhatsForDinner, was offered absolutely no compensation just told to wait and they'd bring our order. They even took the first order back off us to give to it's inteded recipients (pretty sure this is awful H&S practise).

Happened me an odd time through out the years in a few places they just have 2 orders in the car and they pick up the wrong bag by a mistake. Bit lousy eating somebody elses food. Driver prob ended up having to pay for that order because ur been a cow

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Jaysus Bosca did they make you regurgitate it??? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Yuck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Bit lousy eating somebody elses food. Driver prob ended up having to pay for that order because ur been a cow

Bit lousy on who? The company who made me wait over an hour for food, then even longer because of their own incompetence? The heart bleeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 GalwayGirl2011

Ordered online yesterday, paid by card which was great. Ordered from la salsa and Eddie rockets. Food arrived perfect was very happy. They were great offers and will order again. :-)

Ordered online yesterday, paid by card which was great. Ordered from la salsa and Eddie rockets. Food arrived perfect was very happy. They were great offers and will order again. :-)

This thread isn't really going how you planned is it?

Bit lousy on who? The company who made me wait over an hour for food, then even longer because of their own incompetence? The heart bleeds.

Didnt say anything about the company said it was lousy thing to do on the driver and on the other person that ordered the food

• Registered Users Posts: 25 GalwayGirl2011

This thread isn't really going how you planned is it?

??????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Do the delivery drivers understand English or is that optional. ??

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ok everyone's has had their say/rant now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement