Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angelfish Breeding

Options
  • 25-03-2012 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Just noticed some angelfish eggs on the heater in my tank. Thought they were bubbles at first but then they seemed very protective of the area when I was cleaning today.

Its about a 50 gall on tank with a couple of silver dollars, gouramis and tetra in it as well.

I dont want to go through the process of moving them etc as I dont have a spare tank.

Will they eventually die as a result - from other fish eating them?

Also dont want the Angels to be very aggressive either protecting them and cause all sorts of problems!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you'll probably find that they will eat them themselves in a day or so, mine do exactly the same thing every couple of weeks.

they're very protective of them and fight off all the other fish from coming anywhere neat them, but then eat them themselves after a couple of days.

it was a real surprise to me to have seen them be so protective of the eggs and then eat them themselves. :(

i'd say you'll need to remove the eggs to a hatchery if you want them to survive, but it's pretty hard work to successfully hatch angels yourself.

there's some good info HERE which will put you on the right track if you want to go ahead with the hatching process, but you've got pretty much zero chance of pulling it off without a 2nd tank i'm afraid. :(

Advertisement