Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make Up courses

Options
  • 25-03-2012 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I am looking into starting a makeup course here in dublin next september. I want to do one that will be well recognized and sought after more so than others. Can anyone give me any advice on which course to go with. I've been looking into The Galligan Group and LaMakeUp Academy and cannot figure out which one would benefit me more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Graceareed Please do not post the same question in multiple forums. One will suffice.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Graceareed

It is my first time posting and didnt understand how it work. apologys.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

Graceareed wrote: »
    I am looking into starting a makeup course here in dublin next september. I want to do one that will be well recognized and sought after more so than others. Can anyone give me any advice on which course to go with. I've been looking into The Galligan Group and LaMakeUp Academy and cannot figure out which one would benefit me more.

Hi Grace,

It all depends on which level of makeup or rather which area of makeup you intend to get into, like assuming this is for a qualification of some sort ,rather than say just 'for fun/do your own makeup'. Basically you need to think where your current skills start in mua and in what direction do you want to go, do you want to be your own mua (freelance), do you want to work in an industry be it threatre,catwalk etc. It all comes down to that, once you know that, then you can look into what courses are out there and what suit you. Hope you find the right one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Graceareed

lisaface wrote: »
    Hi Grace,

It all depends on which level of makeup or rather which area of makeup you intend to get into, like assuming this is for a qualification of some sort ,rather than say just 'for fun/do your own makeup'. Basically you need to think where your current skills start in mua and in what direction do you want to go, do you want to be your own mua (freelance), do you want to work in an industry be it threatre,catwalk etc. It all comes down to that, once you know that, then you can look into what courses are out there and what suit you. Hope you find the right one :)

Yes it is for a qualification to become a mua, I would love to do catwalk, threatre and photoshoot work. I know there are so many course to pick from but I really want to give myself the best chance in a highly competitive industry so would love the best qualification behind me. Do you know here would be best to start? :):D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

IADT do a full time, 4 year BA Design for Stage and Screen course. Worth a look if you're into theatre/film make up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement