Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New iPad & Streaming MKV/AVI Via NAS

• 25-03-2012 8:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I used to have an iPad one but found the main problem of streaming from my NAS the ipad always wanted to copy the file local to the cache completely before playing which was annoying an resulted in clearing the cache all the time and taking ages just for a small avi.

Just wanted to see if there is any improvement in this area? I know there is airvideo and other variances but I want something to browse my Nas/microServer and just play what I throw at it without copying/lag/delay.

Having tested on a quadcore 1.5 Transformer prime I can play MKV files with no lag and no wait. Just want to know if anyone has a solution to the ipad for this setup?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

If you're jailbroken, you could use XBMC. Works fine on my iPad 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Check out plex. Does not require a jail break but does require a mac/PC to act as a media server. I highly recommend it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

On an iPad 2, I'm using GoodPlayer which has an option to use the dual core CPU and most 720p MKVs play back just fine. It supports DLNA, FTP, SMB, etc so I imagine it should be able to access a typical NAS without the need for a server side app to be installed (like Air Video and Plex do):

http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/goodplayer-movie-player-downloader/id416756729?mt=8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 navag

or VLC streamer

Advertisement