Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattooist in Tralee

Options
  • 25-03-2012 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get some Ogham done after the Leaving Cert (I'm 18 since November) and whilst I know of the two tattoo places in Tralee- Ink it and Metal Urges, I'm wondering if anybody has any idea which would be better for the kind of work? It will be fairly small and simple but I want the lines to be defined and clear. Any help is much appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Thank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 thedumberman

Martin in Metal Urges is bar far the best in Tralee, Plus Metal Urges is a proper studio, <snip>Please do not write libelous claims about tattoo/piercing studios - Damo</snip>, I've also heard of unhappy customers coming out of InkIt so I'd have to advise Metal Urges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Is Kirsty Gunn still around tralee?

Seriously you don't want a Gunn tattoo, just compair their work to any of the 2 artist mentioned above and you will see why https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.396582998861.175681.174487138861&type=3

Cant even tattoo a straight line, or spell simple words. choose wisely.

Adiboo wrote: »
    Well, I have nothing but good things to say about Cosmin in InkIt. I have been worked on by both Martin and Cosmin. Plus many artists in Dublin, including Remis, and I would just say have a look at both portfolios before jumping to any conclusions expressed on this forum.

Plus, InkIt don't work out of an apartment, that is a blatant lie. It's an upstairs studio with a balcony, a tattoo room and a piercing room.

Its a converted apartment - no lies, I have been in there many times before they set up shop!

• Advertisement

Well then the same can be said about any other studio. It's a studio in the upstairs of a building, which can be used for an apartment or many other uses. I have been tattooed by Remis in Skin City which is in a basement of a building. That makes no difference to the quality of tattoo they produce there. I can't say anything about the other artists in InkIt in Tralee, but Cosmin has quality work and does not deserve to be disparaged in this way online.

I'm simply pointing out that the premises they operate out of is not a retail outlet. I have not actually said anything against Cosmin, I have seen his work and it is impressive but in my opinion Martin @ Metal Urges is a better tattooist.

You said that the fact they operate out of an 'apartment' seems 'dodgy'. Why would the fact that they operate out of an upstairs studio, with an autoclave, single use needles and rubber gloves make them different from any other studio? I have no affiliation with either studio. But I don't like artists and studios being put down for reasons other than their work.

Mate, everyone is entitled to an opinion, I clearly stated that it seemed dodgy to me, I didn't say that it was, or that anyone should think it was dodgy, it was an opinion. I didn't put down Cosmin did I?, I said that I have heard of unhappy customers coming out of the studio, and I have, which as you say is a reason for the studio to be put down.

Neither of us have any affiliations with either studios so all of what we say is simply opinions, which the OP was looking for.

You'd go to Cosmin, I'd go to Martin, simple.

I wouldn't go to Cosmin over Martin. If I wanted a more realistic tattoo, I'd go to Cosmin. If I wanted a more old school style tattoo, I'd go to Martin. I've been tattooed by both artists and have nothing but good things to say about either.

I just don't seem how an 'apartment' studio could seem dodgy to anybody when many of the great artists in the country work out of basement studios, apartment or attic studios, etc..

Its the same as buying a ford car from a dude in a little cabin next to a yard (inkit)or buying from the main ford dealer (metalurges), id rather the main dealer. Just an preference. Anyway, I need sleep so good night lol

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Its the same as buying a ford car from a dude in a little cabin next to a yard (inkit)or buying from the main ford dealer (metalurges), id rather the main dealer. Just an preference. Anyway, I need sleep so good night lol

No it's not, and that's a ridiculous statement to make. If they were working out of an apartment, then that'd be a place where somebody lives. Just because it was not originally built with the express intention of it being a retail unit does NOT make it any less suited to being used as a tattoo studio.

Please don't make such silly uninformed statements like that to try to put studios down again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I have never seen any of the work from InkIt, but I have a number of friends who have got work done by Martin, and it is all, without exception, impressive work.

In addition, I have three or four pieces myself that were done by artists Maurice (Owner of Metal Urges) had working with him when his studio was in Killarney, and I would by comfortable getting work done by any person that he had working in his studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭jmc1243

I got mine done it metalurges and they were great, some of my friends got theirs done in the other place and they had nothing bad to say about them either so..!!

Advertisement