Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freaking out about JC

Options
  • 25-03-2012 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

It's not long to go now.. I'm like the only one of my friends who's studying and it's safe to say I'm FREAKING OUT.
    Mainly about Irish. I got a high 'E' in the mock and that wrecked my confidence. I did ok in other subjects and I know I will do well in them and get atleast an honour in them. I really want a C in Irish..even if it's just 55%. To anybody who is studying for jc this year or did it in previous years - How often are you studying and how much? I have a timetable and do a good bit each night but I'm so F-ing worried about Irish.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Where did you lose your marks?
    Knowing that is key to improving.

The most common reason people do less well than they expected in the JC is that they either leave out a question, leave out part of a question or fail to answer the right combination of questions.

You will do much better in the JC than you think. It is designed that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I barely passed Honours Irish and got a C in honours Maths and an A and B in most other subjects...

This was my time plan:

Maths: 8-14 hours a week (A)
    English: None or 1 hour a week (B)
    Irish: 1 hour a month (C)
    History: 2 hours a week (A)
    Geography: 1 hour a week (A)
    Tech Graphics: Never studied (C)
    French: Never studied (Fluent but I advise you to exchange in TY) (A)
    Business: 2 hours a week (A)
    Religion: Never studied (B)
    CSPE: Never studied (A)
    Science: 3 hours a week (A)

This was from the Mocks to the Junior Cert.

What I did was I worked on my weaknesses and I advise you do the same. Though, I didn't work on English and Irish as I had no clue how to improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

It's early to be worrying the exams, im not saying don't study, but personally I didn't study at all, I see it as a mock for the leaving if im honest, if you havent gotten what you were learning over the years, it's not going to just cram into your brain now over a few weeks, just relax, do some past papers and it will flow, people loose concentration coming up to and during exams because they are more focused on the possible grade, than the question they are answering, minds go blank and it becomes one big confusion.

I know this probably reads stupidly, but read the question throughly, answer it in your mind, compare the question to your answer, then write it down.

I never studied for my junior, leaving or any college exams, just relax and the answers will flow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

Thanks. I have a study timetable and am on top of all my subjects..except Irish but I am working on it. I will more than likely end up doing OL Irish for LC as I don't need it for points or for a college course.

Sub-question.
    Does anybody know when I'll find out what subjects I've gotten for LC??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ConorBGF95

Sub-question.

Surely you will get to pick?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That depends on your school.
    Due to the cutbacks, many schools are not able to offer the range of subjects they did before.

Advertisement