Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potatoes everyday?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

al28283 wrote: »
    I never eat potatoes, except chips, or roast potatoes at christmas

So you do eat potatoes:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    So you do eat potatoes:rolleyes:

do you know what except means? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Love them, but am trying to cut down. :( I don't think potatoes are unhealthy the way many diets would have you believe, but likewise I don't think "everything in moderation" includes spuds everyday. I love roast potatoes with gravy, mash, potato gratin made wit double cream and loads of cheese, chips. Hate boiled and baked which are the healthiest options, and in that case I would rather do without, so I need to keep away from them full stop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Steamed new spuds are really good with pesto.
    That's a pretty healthy potato option and damned tasty (if the pesto is good - preferably homemade). I don't know why they are so rarely paired together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Ugh I feel sick reading this. I cut spuds out of my diet a year ago and don't miss em at all. In fact eating them now makes me feel bloated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I love potatoes, I eat them most days :)

The only time I don't eat them is when I am having pasta, soups etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

My boyfriend's parents eat potatoes every single day. In their house I've been served mash with spaghetti bolognese, with lasagne and with chicken curry and rice!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

tigerblob wrote: »
    My boyfriend's parents eat potatoes every single day. In their house I've been served mash with spaghetti bolognese, with lasagne and with chicken curry and rice!
    And did you actually eat them?!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

And did you actually eat them?!

Of course! Mammy-in-Law is an amazing cook and the spuds are deliciously buttery and awesome. It feels a bit like having two dinners at once though.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

I'm similar to a lot of posters above in that I grew up with eating potato nearly every day. Would either have them as chips now every few days, or the odd sweet potato as my OH doesn't like potatoes. I made potato au gratin for myself the other night as hadn't had it in about 2 years. SO GOOD :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Love em, Eat potatoes every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I love potatoes but pasta is so much easier. A bag of pasta or rice never seems to go off, but my press must be too warm for the spuds, I'd never get through a bag before they go off so they're an occasional treat.

Advertisement