Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5.49 euro rip off for 400g Charleville cheese in <removed name>

Options
  • 25-03-2012 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

I love cheese but was badly stung by rip off <removed name> today. Never expected to be the cheapest as it is a ''convenience'' type store but this is just crazy. Had no time to get to any other shop at the time and usually shop elsewhere for better and cheaper prices, but that price is just extortion. Never again. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask!!!! Avoid these rip off merchants!!!! <removed name>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

Okocim wrote: »
    I love cheese but was badly stung by rip off Spar at <SNIP> today. Never expected Spar to be the cheapest as it is a ''convenience'' type store but this is just crazy. Had no time to get to any other shop at the time and usually shop elsewhere for better and cheaper prices, but that price is just extortion. Never again. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask!!!! Avoid these rip off merchants!!!! Spar in <SNIP>. Avoid.

why complain , that is normal price and you where happy to pay , why didnt you buy a cheaper brand if the price was too much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Rip Off Ireland

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

2.50 - 2.99 seems about the average supermarket price for a 200g block, so 5.49 for a 400g block in a convenience store is not out of kilter.

Not cheap, but not outrageous.

Sainsbury & Asda in UK are £4 for 400g cathedral city brand. (about €4.80), so even in comparison to UK supermarkets, the price is within normal paramters for a local convenience store.

This type fo post also shows why a lot more moderation should be on public forums. The OP has named a local shop and has made a false claim against them and throws a few insults too.

IMO, Boards should stamp down on such false and malicious posts immediatley as its qute obvious here that the OP hasn't a clue about what he/she is talking about, and has decided to try and damage a good local store just because his / her lack of knowledge of prices of a product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Its just the "I'm being ripped of mentality", and people getting over excited. They don't really know what they are talking about.

Its not as bad as it was though. I report silly claims like that and the mods are normally well on top of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Closing this as it's not really a rip off and there's really no basis for the argument.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement