Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation racoon city FULL REFUND NEW

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

krudler wrote: »
    ugh, every retail workers nightmare customer, the stamp their feet till they get what they're not entitled to person.

i worked in retail myself, and if customer came in with his item and he was not happy i was refunding full stop. It was a family business. After that person got a refund, then he would see that it was good to deal with me and same customer would buy more items from me.

in 7 years that i am in ireland, that thing with scarface ( virgin at that time, if i remember correctly), was the only one when i went and demanded my money as it was pure piss taker. I have bought hundreds of games and all modern consoles from my local gamestop and i newer had any troubles. i really doubt they could call me a "nightmare customer" as i spent thousands in there and we always have a good wee chat with the lads. :rolleyes:

thought if person in game shop sells me a GAME which is pure shiet, then i expect a refund. Same as if i will send out customer a steak, which will be nicely marinaded in the toilet bowl with some lovely puke on it instead of souce, customer would really like a refund on that. I would not call him an nightmare customer, it would be my fault by providing him with a product, which is not very good quality... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

i worked in retail myself, and if customer came in with his item and he was not happy i was refunding full stop. It was a family business. After that person got a refund, then he would see that it was good to deal with me and same customer would buy more items from me.

in 7 years that i am in ireland, that thing with scarface ( virgin at that time, if i remember correctly), was the only one when i went and demanded my money as it was pure piss taker. I have bought hundreds of games and all modern consoles from my local gamestop and i newer had any troubles. i really doubt they could call me a "nightmare customer" as i spent thousands in there and we always have a good wee chat with the lads. :rolleyes:

thought if person in game shop sells me a GAME which is pure shiet, then i expect a refund. Same as if i will send out customer a steak, which will be nicely marinaded in the toilet bowl with some lovely puke on it instead of souce, customer would really like a refund on that. I would not call him an nightmare customer, it would be my fault by providing him with a product, which is not very good quality... :rolleyes:

There is a good reason why most retailers will only accept returns on sealed games, and ample evidence from these very forums over the years that plenty of people would take the absolute piss out of any shop with such a return policy.

marco_polo wrote: »
    There is a good reason why most retailers will only accept returns on sealed games, and ample evidence from these very forums over the years that plenty of people would take the absolute piss out of any shop with such a return policy.

right.... now go to all my posts in this thread... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

thats a retarded comparison and you know it.

If the member of staff who sold you the game developed and published it himself and then recommended that you buy it, then you may be on to something with that comparison but sadly you are well off the mark. A better comparison would be if in a take away you got a sealed bottle of Coke and upon arriving home found that the bottle of Coke didn't taste right. Now you could go back to the take away but they can simply tell you get lost as your complaint is with Coke and not them.

• Advertisement

Well whatever, it was just something that would be to defend consumers right.

I leave this at that, just next time some of you when buy a game, which is shiet ( oh and that will happen 100% ), don't come over to boards.ie and moan how bad it is and how you got robbed...

No point coming back to this thread as I know how it will go own. I just won't put any more coal in to furnace and won't drag the topic even longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

If the member of staff who sold you the game developed and published it himself and then recommended that you buy it, then you may be on to something with that comparison but sadly you are well off the mark. A better comparison would be if in a take away you got a sealed bottle of Coke and upon arriving home found that the bottle of Coke didn't taste right. Now you could go back to the take away but they can simply tell you get lost as your complaint is with Coke and not them.

I don't think that is correct, your contract is with the retailer i.e. the take away, and not the manufacturer i.e. Coke.

If a product is faulty the consumer is entitled to redress from the retailer (under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980).

If you got a bad pint, would you return it to the barman, or to the brewer?

I leave this at that, just next time some of you when buy a game, which is shiet ( oh and that will happen 100% ), don't come over to boards.ie and moan how bad it is and how you got robbed...

No point coming back to this thread as I know how it will go own. I just won't put any more coal in to furnace and won't drag the topic even longer.

Consumers rights....seriously man, you really need to read up a little on consumer rights. Buying a game or film or book or CD that you found to be poor is not reason enough for a refund. If you came in to me after buying a game wanting a refund because the game was crap I'd tell you to get out of the shop. If you tried to spout any consumer rights or comparisons between steak in a restaurant and the game I would properly laugh at you.

There is a difference between buying a game that is poor and posting about it on here and thinking that you are somehow entitled to your money back. If someone buys a big title and finds it to be dreadful then they will want to let other people know, they will want to discuss what went wrong. They may then trade the game in or sell it on, they do not expect game stores to offer a refund because that game is poor. If that was the case people would be returning every single game they ever bought for the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

but its not a consumer right to expect a refund on something thats not faulty just you're not happy with. thw quality of a video game isnt the same as a pair of runners that falls apart after a few hours or a mechanical device that doesnt work out of the box. you're expecting a refund based on nothing more than personal opinion. If I go see a movie that I'm not blown away by or lives up to the hype I dont go asking for refunds for it, by your logic you should get refunds for everything simply because you dont like it, or claim not to.

mcgovern wrote: »
    I don't think that is correct, your contract is with the retailer i.e. the take away, and not the manufacturer i.e. Coke.

If a product is faulty the consumer is entitled to redress from the retailer (under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980).

If you got a bad pint, would you return it to the barman, or to the brewer?

Difference between a pint pulled by a barman and a sealed bottle of Coke. Most places would just give you another bottle of Coke but there are some that would tell you take it up with Coke. With a sealed bottle of Coke one expects a certain taste as every bottle should taste the same, the posters argument seemed to be that every sealed game should be of a certain high standard which made his comparison with a steak (which can be influenced by any number of environmental hazards) a little hard to follow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I've heard of people bringing Duke Nukem Forever back the next day and getting credit back

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

No point coming back to this thread as I know how it will go own. I just won't put any more coal in to furnace

In Soviet Russia...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

I bought this game and its ok.
    I only brought back one game fifa after playing it for a hour as i didn't like it.
    Saying that if i could bring back games as they are s***e Matt hazard would have gone back for my 10 euro

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

gizmo wrote: »
    Whats next, people wanting refunds from book stores/cinemas because Frodo didn't put on the Ring of Power and bring down the Dark Tower all by himself?

I HAVEN'T FINISHED THAT BOOK YET FFS!!

Might still have the receipt for that here somewhere actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

ShadowHearth, while you might get your way first time around don't count on us ever serving you again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

LMAO,

A refund because you don't like the game?

Some people really need to read up on their entitlements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I remember years ago I bought 2015's Men of Valor based upon their excellent Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. I brought it back two days later, and the girl, with a wink, told me they'd treat it as an unopened return.

That said, any rational person would recognize that as the exception, rather than the rule.

Could someone really argue a game as being 'not fit for purpose'? For example, say a game was so incredibly bad, that it could be considerably universally incapable of entertaining....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Could someone really argue a game as being 'not fit for purpose'? For example, say a game was so incredibly bad, that it could be considerably universally incapable of entertaining....:p
    Only if you're willing to make the same argument for a game being too hard or too scary. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Helix rated this higher than SH Downpour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Helix rated this higher than SH Downpour

i did

deservedly so, but those unwilling to take the RE fan hats off wont agree. its a slightly above average third person multiplayer shooter, hence 3/5

silent hill is nothing but mediocre, hence 2.5/5

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Bleh. Below average is the general consensus. I shall see... albeit through rose tinted fanboy shades that were too tightly welded on to my face. you are in a minority of critics that think this. Minority as in closer to 1% than 49% .. but you are free to do so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ill wager that most places, and reviewers, have each game within 10% of each other in their overalls though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Bleh. Below average is the general consensus. I shall see... albeit through rose tinted fanboy shades that were too tightly welded on to my face. you are in a minority of critics that think this. Minority as in closer to 1% than 49% .. but you are free to do so

I'm a major RE fan boy and I gave it 2.5/5. It's not that I didn't find some enjoyment in it, it's just a fundamentally unfinished and glitchy game that should never have seen the light of day in its current form, and the glaring problems are difficult to overlook. I finished it with a contradictory feeling of both having enjoyed it yet somewhat wasted my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,687 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I am failing to see the difference between A game developer's promise of quality in the media to a film director's promise of integrity in the media?

Again taking the Michael Bay comparison (he's a right easy target to **** on) He's just pissed off a lot of people with his *Ninja Turtles* and when they bitched he responded assuring that the original TMNT co-creator as involved and they were handling the project with great care and love.

When Ninja Turtles turns out to be sh*te which it will. Does one deserve to get a refund after watching it under the grounds of false advertising?

No of course not!

Micheal Bay gave the same crap speech when he was making the transformers films, he even assured people when the third one was coming that they learnt from the mistakes of the 2nd.

And by f*ck they didn't it was as awful as the rest. But they didn't hand out refunds because of that.

Advertisement