Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

child access

• 25-03-2012 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm new to this forum so please bear with me. I really need advice. My Daughter is a single parent to 3yr old twins.She separated from their father 2 years ago. They were living in his home city.When they separated, she continued to live there so he could have as much access as he wanted. They are not on good terms yet.He demands he has them most weekends even though their mother is working and only has the weekend to do things with them too. He is quite threatening when refused so he gets away with it. My daughter has no friends , family or support of any kind in this city. I live 50 miles away. He will not do mediation of any kind. She has received a solicitors letter wanting her to sign,legally, a document giving him three weekends a month and a night during the week'when it suits him'! She has applied for legal aid to sort it out.
    Now she is being made redundant so has no choice but to move back home. He is furious and has said he will fight her all the way to get as much access as is possible. She has never stopped him but what he is demanding is not logistically possible. Does anyone out there know what the 'usual' access would be given these details and the geographical difficulty.
    Many Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I'm new to this forum so please bear with me. I really need advice. My Daughter is a single parent to 3yr old twins.She separated from their father 2 years ago. They were living in his home city.When they separated, she continued to live there so he could have as much access as he wanted. They are not on good terms yet.He demands he has them most weekends even though their mother is working and only has the weekend to do things with them too. He is quite threatening when refused so he gets away with it. My daughter has no friends , family or support of any kind in this city. I live 50 miles away. He will not do mediation of any kind. She has received a solicitors letter wanting her to sign,legally, a document giving him three weekends a month and a night during the week'when it suits him'! She has applied for legal aid to sort it out.
    Now she is being made redundant so has no choice but to move back home. He is furious and has said he will fight her all the way to get as much access as is possible. She has never stopped him but what he is demanding is not logistically possible. Does anyone out there know what the 'usual' access would be given these details and the geographical difficulty.
    Many Thanks
    It is entirely whatever is in the child's best interests. The court might consider that the father is entitled to see the child twice a week but has to travel to the mother's home to collect the child, or the court might give him one day a week and the mother might have to travel. It is a common thing to say but that is because it is true, there is no 'usual' in this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭snor

Try not to worry too much - 50 miles is not that far. I know you mention he is not open to mediation but perhaps your daughter could register for mediation and they can send him out a letter inviting him to mediate. At least if it went to court the fact that your daugher has tried to settle things amicably will stand to her. Is the twins' father working? The travelling may have to be shared for access but is managable. I'm sure your daughter and the twins will be very happy being near family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 worriednana

To RandolphEsq and Snor,
    Thanks for your replies and advice.

Advertisement