Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 13 Results

Options
  • 26-03-2012 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Steelers 24 Ravens 32

Steelers are the worst team in the league but Ravens made very hard work of this

Was behind until the fourth quarter and only went up by one score with six minutes left

With three minutes left Ravens were running and milking the clock until Vince Wilfork hammered my HB Michael Bush and forced a fumble

In FG range and they could have ran down the clock :eek:

Steelers threw and I got a pick six

The Steelers are a decent team, good D line but David Garrard is just horrible, threw five picks and he just leaves passing hanging out there, easy as can be for the defensive backs.
    He threw another pick but my player was offside so it was called back and he fumbled twice but Steelers recovered

Ravens win but were very poor.
    Lets see what Browns-Bengals do

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans @ Texans

Texans win the toss and choose to receive.

Peterson gouges the Titans for 18 yards on ground and then on the next play Cutler throws over the middle and Adrian Wilson picks it off and takes it 44 yards to the end zone for 6.

7-0 Titans

Texans make it up the field well and then throw a great screen pass to Peterson for 34 yards to even things up
    7-7

Titans audible a couple of times and Steve Breaston takes it 67 yards for a rushing TD
    Titans get up the field and Best weaves his way through the defense for a 32 yard TD

21-7 Titans

Texans throw a pick to Patrick Willis.. he takes it back to the house for a 67 yard TD

28-7

On the next play Peterson takes it 67 yards to the house

28-14 with 5 in the half.

Titans have a 3 and out and send a long punt down field that goes out at the 4 yard line.

Texans make great progress down field, however they throw a pick to rookie CB Mark LeGree
    Titans get to within FG range but are trying for a TD but dont get it and settle for a FG

31-14 at the half Titans to receive

Titans on their second play, hit Best who weaves his way 68 yards through the defense

38-14 Titans

Texans have a quick 3 and out and punt, Best fumbles but Titans recover.
    Best fumbles on a run and the Texans pick it up and run it to the end zone

38-21 Titans

Best on the first play.. uses his "get away from the cop speed" and weaves through the defence for a 77 yard TD 45-21 Titans

Texans go deep.. and it gets picked off.

Best does the same, weaves through the defense for another rushing TD this time 55 yards

52-21 Titans

Texans have a 3 and out and punt

Titans move it down field and Best gets in for a short TD

59-21 Titans with 8:30 in the game

Texans make good progress down field and end up on a 4th and inches on the Titans 7 yard line, The Titans stack the line and hammer Cutler, he fumbles and Adrian Wilson picks it up and takes it 87 yards for a TD

66-21 Titans

Texans cant do much and punt it away for the Titans to kneel it out.
    In the words of the commentator that one got ugly.

Some Stats:
    Titans with 476 yards of offense with 320 rushing
    Texans with 345 yards and 199 rushing

Texans had 5 turn overs which 3 of them led to scores directly.

McNabb with a QB rating of 123 with 6 from 12 and 156 yards and 1 TD
    Cutler with a rating of 50 with 11 from 22 for 159 yards with 1 TD and 4 ints

Best has 239 yards from 20 carries with 4 TDs
    Peterson has 191 yards from 16 carries and 1 TD
    WR Breaston weighs n with a rushing TD aswell

Best also comes in with 1 receving TD and 104 yards from 3 catches.
    Peterson gets 1 TD from 5 catches and 87 yards.

On defense, Richard Mathis weighs in with 3 sacks, Woodyard and Osi weigh in with 1 each
    Willis, Wilson both get picks and TDs
    McBath and LeGree both get a pick each

Not a lot went right for the Texans, the pick 6 early in the game meant they were always chasing and then forced more turnovers.
    Good chatting Pudsy

Best now with 21 rushing TDs and 4 receiving TDs
    Mathis with 3rd best sacks
    Some good close season trading by the Titans GM ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Saul Huge Fork

dolphins 20-7 redskins
    turnovers on offense cost me big time had a fumble returned for a td and a pick brought back inside the 10 for there tds. i also got stopped on two 4th and 1s inside there 10 all in all a game thrown away big time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Very cagey affair, defense was in the ascendancy for most of the game.

A couple of punts swapped early on, when Bengals get ball back eventually drive down the field and get stopped, settle for 43yd FG.
    3-0 CIN
    Couple of more swapped punts, and Andy Dalton is under a lot of pressure from Bengals defensive front. Eventually taken down for a safety.
    5-0 CIN
    From the punt, Bengals drive again, and Turner blasts in from 7yds for a TD.
    12-0 CIN

HALF-TIME

Not much happens in the 3rd quarter, punts back and forth as defenses keep pressure on, and a Bengals FG. Browns fumble a ball into touch so no turnover.
    15-0 CIN
    4th quarter, Bengals face 3rd & short as Browns line up to stop the run, which is what Bengals have done all day long. Garcon burns his man and Newton hits him as he runs 61yds for a TD.
    22-0 CIN
    Browns come back, score next possession as Bengals in prevent, Shockey finds pace from nowhere to run down the sideline 62yds for a score.
    22-7 CIN
    Bengals punt away. Browns come back agressively, but Buchannon picks off the pass and scampers 76yds for a pick-6!
    29-7
    Browns trying for one last score and fumble in redzone. Bengals recover and kneel it out.

FINAL SCORE: Cincinnati 29 - 7 Cleveland

Bengals reclaim sole top spot of AFC North and get back to .500 as they sit 6-6 with the Ravens coming to town next week.

Cam Newton has his first game of the season without a pick!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The 49ers came through a tough battle with the falcons to secure the win and move to 9-3

49ers got the ball first and after a 5 yard run, SF QB Matt Cassell threw a pick to give the Falcons excellent field position.

The 49ers D stepped up and held Atlanta to a FG, ATL 3-0 SF.

Next rive Sf got back to their power game and Charles broke off a 66 yard run to give SF a 7-3 lead.

After this the Falcons but an excellent drive together to retake the lead 10-7 thanks to a Stephen Jackson TD.

49ers did nothing on their next drive but disaster for Atlanta when they fumble the ball and SF tie it up with a FG to make it 10-10.

Falcons punt on their next drive and as the half winds down, Cassell hits Britt on a long pass to setup a Fg as time expires. 13-10 at half time.

Atlanta get the ball first in the second half bit a promising drive ends badly as Stephen Jackson fumbles it and the 49ers take over in Falcon territoy.

The best SF can do is engineer a Fg to make it 16-10.

Atlanta get the ball again but cannot move it and punt it away, SF get conservative and also punt, followed by another Atlanta 3 and out.

This time SF drive down the field and are able to punch in a TD for a 23-10 lead, The falcons fail to respond and need to punt it away and the 49ers can kneel it out.

overall a great game and much tighter than the score line suggests.

In this game there is nothing you can really do about fumbles and these 2 really cost Atlanta a chance in this game.

charles got injured and will miss 3 weeks, likely will return for week 17 or for the playoffs depending on the permutations at that point,

notable stats:

Charles avg YPC: 9.5
    Jackson YPC 2.5 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Green Bay 38-14 Chicago

Unfortunately the Green Bay Packers had to play the CPU in this one but it still wasn't without controversy. The GB HC feared the worst in the 3rd quarter when Ray Rice was carted off the field with a dislocated kneecap :eek: luckily it only takes 2 weeks to recover from this according to Madden. I now have 3 players on the injury report which are all starters.

Orakpo is out for 2 more weeks.
    Ray Rice is out for 2 weeks.
    Sidney Rice is out for 7 more weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

SantryRed wrote: »
    Green Bay 38-14 Chicago

Unfortunately the Green Bay Packers had to play the CPU in this one but it still wasn't without controversy. The GB HC feared the worst in the 3rd quarter when Ray Rice was carted off the field with a dislocated kneecap :eek: luckily it only takes 2 weeks to recover from this according to Madden. I now have 3 players on the injury report which are all starters.

You had to change your underwear after the injury didnt you ? :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Better to get these injuries out of the way now, rather than in 3 weeks time !!

Charles has broken ribs, I'd be of the opinion he should just man up and get out there like Tony Romo did this year, but these running backs go out of the game at the first sign of trouble...

adrian522 wrote: »

Charles has broken ribs, I'd be of the opinion he should just man up and get out there like Tony Romo did this year, but these running backs go out of the game at the first sign of trouble...

The Cowboys havent ran Romo into the ground like you Adrian :) Give poor Jamal a break otherwise he'll be more broken than Larry Johnson !

Not really worried as I still have 2 decent HB's in Fred Jackson and Ryan Williams, time for them to step up and drive us into the playoffs ...

You had to change your underwear after the injury didnt you ? :pac:

I'm not gonna lie :D

The next play Washington fumbled the ball which didn't help my heart either :pac:

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    Not really worried as I still have 2 decent HB's in Fred Jackson and Ryan Williams, time for them to step up and drive us into the playoffs ...

Unproven running backs you mean,
    1. Jamal Charles

1314 yards 9 Touchdowns 217 attempts 6 fumbles
    Yards per carrier: 6 yards
    Average yards per game: 146 yards

31% of Charles's yards have come after the first hit so although he's making people miss he doesn't mind running in between his tackles. Now i can only guess but Charles has 15 rushes over 20 yards with a long of 56. Thats a minimum of 300 yards but I'd say 450-500 is much closer. If we say 450 thats 34% of his yards have come on big plays.

Charles seems to be a player that can rush the outside hit his blocks. He has though played smash mouth football through the middle as well !

Charles may have the most yards in the BFL but he's also the most over used running back in the league. With 217 attempts already at week 10 can he keep it up? Or will we see a " Larry Johnson affect " next season.

Backup: Fred Jackson , Criminally under used with only 11 attempts for 58 yards . That's a measly 4.8% of the carriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

The Colts move to 10-2 in what has been a remarkable turnabout from the 0-2 start they suffered coming off the back in the loss of Super Bowl IV.

The Colts get what turned out to be an easy win in North Carolina after a jittery start saw the first quarter end scoreless after a series of 3 and outs. It wasn't until inside the 2 minute warning in the second quarter that we saw the first score, a McFadden 12 yard TD. 7-0. The Panthers didn't take long to respond when Ben Roethlisberger somehow found a double covered Massaquoi for a 51 yard gain despite being hit at the time. The Panthers would be unable to gain any more yards though and settled for the FG. 7-3. The Colts get the ball back with 44 seconds on the clock and put together a great drive that results in a FG as time expires to make it 10-3. As good as that drive was the Colts will think they made an error trying to conserve their last time out after a big gain by spiking the ball. The intention had been to give them a couple of shots into the end zone from around the 20 before the half ended but by the time everyone was set only 4 seconds were left.... lesson learnt.

The Colts receive to start the second half and a poor return followed by a run for no gain and a sack leave them at 3rd down at their own 11. Rivers spots that no-one has lined up across from Knox and audible for a streak to great effect. The resulting 89 yards TD makes it 17-3. The first snap of the next possession sees Grant break a few tackle and burst his way downfield to an 80 yard TD. The Colts d coordinator will not have been happy with that. The Colts have come on leaps and bounds in defence this season but the old problem of being too susceptible to the big play still seems to be present, 17-10. The next drive sees the Colts move the ball to about the 30 before McFadden fumbles giving the Panther a chance to tie the game. It's not a chance they can capitalize on though as the Colts defence stands firm and forces a punt. With a little over a minute in the quarter McFadden scores his second TD of the day on a 1 yard run. 24-10.

Down by two scores starting the 4th quarter the Panthers need something to give themselves a shot, unfortunately for them Big Ben throws a pick to DeAngelo Hall who runs it in for a 40 yard return TD. 31-10. The Colts defence does a decent job limiting the Panthers until they're forced to punt and shortly inside the 2 minute warning Taiwan Jones (who replaced an injured McFadden) breaks off a 32 yard TD run making it 38-10. The Colts force another 3 and out immediately on the next possession and make it down to around the Panthers 25 yard line before time expires.

The Colts make it a 10 game winning streak which I'm pretty sure is a franchise record in the 4 seasons of the Boards.ie league for them

The #1 defence in passing yards did well again holding the Panthers to 55yards.

The usual suspects for the Colts did well:
    McFadden - 109 yards and 2 TDs on 25 carries
    Davis - 109 yards on 8 receptions

and they also got some help from elsewhere on the team:
    Jones - 59 yards and a TD on 6 carries
    Knox - 106 yards and a TD on 2 receptions
    Wallace - 69 yards on 2 receptions
    Rivers - 15/24 for 319 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT
    Kroy Biermann (aquired over the off season) - 5 tackles, 3 sacks

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

The Cowboys havent ran Romo into the ground like you Adrian :) Give poor Jamal a break otherwise he'll be more broken than Larry Johnson !

I would question that!! Romo takes every snap on Cowboys offensive drives:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Green Bay 38-14 Chicago

Only 2 weeks? :D Thats a joke

Raoul wrote: »
    Only 2 weeks? :D Thats a joke

Don't worry. He's not going back on the field until the play offs as two wins and I'm guaranteed the division. Next two games are CPU.

Yes! I need anything I can get when I am playing you. :D

DeSean Jackson back next week too. :D All coming in time for my last drive for a wildcard spot. Just need the Bears to lose one more game.

Say you're hoping Paddy's Xbox is done for good :p

Nah, I'm not that cruel. Wouldn't like him to miss out on the playoffs due to that reason. Me beating him in the last game of the season to knock him out of the playoffs would be much better :D (not sure which would be more cruel).

Raoul wrote: »
    Nah, I'm not that cruel. Wouldn't like him to miss out on the playoffs due to that reason. Me beating him in the last game of the season to knock him out of the playoffs would be much better :D (not sure which would be more cruel).

You mean what I did you in Madden 11? :p

If I rest my starters and you win it doesn't count as a proper win over me :p

• Advertisement

You mean what I did you in Madden 11? :p

:( Mean!

SantryRed wrote:
    If I rest my starters and you win it doesn't count as a proper win over me

Wouldn't be as good as one over you in the playoffs but if it gets me there it would suffice until the conference game. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

Broncos 38 Patriots 3

Patriots had a strange game, blitzing way too much and making my short easy passes go for big yards.

On my first offensive play, I was going for a HB dive, saw a total blitz and an audible later caught a pass for 4 yards and ran the remaining 50 yards into the endzone....:confused:

They played like that all game and threw me 4 picks. They actually stopped the run pretty well, but everything else was just DUMB.

BIG game against the Mojo led Raiders next.........;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Say you're hoping Paddy's Xbox is done for good :p

Don't worry lads will have it back soon ready for the run in 3 wins and the final game against the loins won't matter

Don't worry lads will have it back soon ready for the run in 3 wins and the final game against the loins won't matter

I will not enjoy that final game if you are just after getting into the playoffs. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Rams/Cardinals is dropping out. 3rd game this season Well Done EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Is there any way me and AliG could play a normal online game to determine who plays the CPU rather than sim, if thats ok with you Ali?

Shane.C wrote: »
    Is there any way me and AliG could play a normal online game to determine who plays the CPU rather than sim, if thats ok with you Ali?
    Its fine by me(ive lost two sim games already this season). Tomorrow would be best for me name the time(if we get the go ahead).

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

OK, but it would haveto be early because im leaving at 3:30 to head home to Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

madalig12 wrote: »
    Rams/Cardinals is dropping out. 3rd game this season Well Done EA.

That's ridiculous. 2 games this week that EA have fked up.

• Advertisement

Shane.C wrote: »
    OK, but it would haveto be early because im leaving at 3:30 to head home to Mayo
    I can do it early, lets see if its allowed then sort a time.

Advertisement