Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 13 Results

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lads you have all day tomorrow to play anyways. It's Monday to Friday inclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

SantryRed wrote: »
    Lads you have all day tomorrow to play anyways. It's Monday to Friday inclusive.
    Right but if it wont let us play in franchise....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Oh right. Well go ahead and do that if you like. I don't think the franchise servers are different to the servers for a normal game but fire ahead! :D

SantryRed wrote: »
    Oh right. Well go ahead and do that if you like. I don't think the franchise servers are different to the servers for a normal game but fire ahead! :D
    I hear you but as the giants will back me up here, we got stuck at the same point and were able to play a friendly straight after. It has to be an EA fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Just played Berty there. Chargers 7-Jets 19 Final score

Quite a good game in the end considering the low score. My offense just couldn't get going and with 3 picks from T.J. Yates it was never going to be a good day. Berty played well, great defense, I couldn't go anywhere!

Good game all around with some nice tips afterwards :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Lukebray wrote: »

Quite a good game in the end considering the low score. My offense just couldn't get going and with 3 picks from T.J. Yates it was never going to be a good day. Berty played well, great defense, I couldn't go anywhere!

That's a genuinely incredible result. You kept Berty to 19 points (despite your defense being awful in previous games). You've earned respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Lukebray wrote: »

This was a tough game, early picks put Chargers in a hole. Some stifling defence by both sides. Key for the Jets was keeping Blount quiet. Coming offf three consecutive 200+ yard games rushing he was restricted to 21 yards on 12 carries in this one.

Great chatting Specsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

AliG you coming online?

Shane.C wrote: »
    AliG you coming online?
    Five mins

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Sorry lads was meant to report last night:

Giants 13 - 7 Eagles

As the scoreline suggests this was not the prettiest of games. Neither team could get anything done, but fans of good defences would have had raging horns (can I say that?)

The Eagles took the lead halfway through the 2nd quarter with a drive that went all the way to the 1 yard line and stayed there for a while, I though I was gonna stop him but the crafty fullback got in.

All the pre game talk of Alex Smith and Druuuu Brees must have got to Smith who had a nightmare first half. although not all entirely his own fault and Benn and Little couldn't catch a cold last night. That cost us a few first downs that could have got some momentum going.

The Giants answered back with 30 seconds left in the half through Billy Cundiff with a 52 yard field goal. (probably the longest play of the game for either team!!)

The 3rd quarter was business as usual, both teams exchanging punts. Both Punters did their Pro Bowl chances no harm in this game, taking almost as many snaps as the QBs. I did hear after the game from Giants punter Tim Masthay the the "Pro Bowl is a stupid popularity contest anyway". Well......you can't please everyone

4th quarter and both teams still exchanging punts. With around 3 minutes to go the Giants finally get driving but only come away with a filed goal. 6-7

The Eagles try to run the clock on the next series but get called for delay of game because of a man in motion not getting set in time for McCoy to get the snap off. The Eagles can't get the first down (and it was damn close) but the have to punt and Smith takes the field with around 2:30 to go, on his own 18. What would Drew do?

Finally Smith gets the team moving down the field mixing pass and run from the hurry up, he connects with Kevin Walter who gets a nice block down field and take it home for a 33 yard TD. The Giants head coach send out Cundiff, kicks the point after and then does his maths and realises he should have gone for 2.

Did the Giants score too soon, they left McCoy with 3 time outs and 48 seconds to mount his come back!

The Eagles did get moving and drove past the halfway line, The Giants werew not giving the big play away, not this time. McCoy drops back to pass fires deep to his No 1 wide out Santonio Holmes, for some reason Revis stops dead in his tracks (I was trying to take controll of a LB and he passesd before I could and I took Revis out of the play), The Giants coach is cursing but it's over thrown and now the Eagles coach is cursing.

With less than 15 to go, McCoy try to find Holmes again but he is double covered by Mingley and Revis. This time Holmes is left on the Island as Revis comes away with the pick.

Smith takes a knee as The Giants come away from Philly with their slim Play-off hopes alive.

The Giants have a tough run in against potential play-off teams, next is the Battle of New York, then The Lions, Bills and 49ers.

The Eagles play The Cardinal, Jets (both currently undefeated – ouch) The Cowboys and finally the Seahawks.

The Cowboys run in includes The 49ers, Patriots, Eagles and The Redskins.

For the second season in a row the NFC East is all to play for.

Thanks for the game Rizzo, I probably made it sound more boring than it was and to be fair you moved the ball a lot better than I did. I’m glad I didn’t have to face your top HB. Good talking to you and all the best for the rest of the season

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Sorry lads was meant to report last night:

Giants 13 - 7 Eagles

As the scoreline suggests this was not the prettiest of games. Neither team could get anything done, but fans of good defences would have had raging horns (can I say that?)

ill-allow-it.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

You have to explain to me how to do that!!

I am pretty sure he got around 500 yards in his two games against me!! :eek:

Berty44 wrote: »
    This was a tough game, early picks put Chargers in a hole. Some stifling defence by both sides. Key for the Jets was keeping Blount quiet. Coming offf three consecutive 200+ yard games rushing he was restricted to 21 yards on 12 carries in this one.

Great chatting Specsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

The Giants have a tough run in against potential play-off teams, next is the Battle of New York, then The Lions, Bills and 49ers.

The Eagles play The Cardinal, Jets (both currently undefeated – ouch) The Cowboys and finally the Seahawks.

The Cowboys run in includes The 49ers, Patriots, Eagles and The Redskins.

Some tough games to close out the season for the NFC East. 9-7 might be enough to take the division. Eagles have a brutal schedule and Giants are at least a game back (Cowboys still to play this week) with a very though schedule too so gotta say Dallas are the favourites (they should be expecting wins against the Redskins and Patriots and if they can add the Bills and/or Eagles to that it's over).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well I've got to play the cowboys and the giants, though I might be resting players for the Giants in week 17.

Also I demand a change in how the seedings work, no way a 9-7 team should be seeded above a potential 10-6 or 11-5 team.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

adrian522 wrote: »
    Well I've got to play the cowboys and the giants, though I might be resting players for the Giants in week 17.

Also I demand a change in how the seedings work, no way a 9-7 team should be seeded above a potential 10-6 or 11-5 team.
    Move cities :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

adrian522 wrote: »

That's how NFC West teams have been making the play offs for years!! And AFC west teams come to think of it

Rams lose big style, couldnt make any catches and only scored a fg. Cards didnt make a single mistake all game that i can recall. Rams beg Nike to make a gold kit for next season! Thats the last time i wear blue/white.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

That's how NFC West teams have been making the play offs for years!! And AFC west teams come to think of it

Well Seattle were 7-9, that's just wrong ...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cowboys beat the Bills 45-10.

1st quarter:

Bills win the toss and choose to kick. First drive of the game and the Cowboys start from their own 20. Manning tries to hit Johnson and is intercepted to give the Bills great field position. Foster runs it in straight after to give the Bills a 7-0 lead.

The next Cowboys drive is progressing well up the field and Manning hits Larry Fitz who beats the over-commiting safety and goes 40 yards to tie it up at 7-7.

Both teams struggle to get anything going and a few punts bring the 1st quarter to a close.

2nd quarter:

The Cowboys tag on a Henery FG to take the lead for the first time in the game at 10-7.

A couple of punts are exchanged and the Cowboys throw another INT, but the ball is fumbled on the return and the game seems to go in slow motion before Miller dives to recover.

Bills punt and a couple of nice runs from Bradshaw are complimented with a 59 yard TD pass from Manning to Johnson to bring the Cowboys lead to 17-7.

Ngata gets a lot of joy in the O-line and is rushing Orton at every opportunity, ensuring the Cowboys will have one more opportunity to add a score at the end of the half. The Bills stopped me on at 4 and 1 and just as I was about to take the FG a very strange booth review came about, with me getting the extra yard to move the chains. I've never seen that before at all. The drive ends with FB Scmitt running in from a yard with 5 seconds on the clock to give a half-time score of Dallas 24-7 Buffalo.

3rd Quarter:

Bills receive and move down the field nicely with Dallas having no answer for Orton after completing 5 sweet passes in a row. However, just as it looked like a TD could be the outcome Orton throws an INT.

The Cowboys move down the field with a nice throw from Manning to Larry Fitz who gets stopped by the safety just as he's about to cross the end zone. The drive ends with Schmitt on the FB run from a yard again to bring the score to 31-7.

Quarter 4:

Idonjie is getting in on the act now with a couple of sacks meaning the Bills punt. Bradshaw somehow breaks 3 or 4 tackles up the gut to bring the ball home for a 52 yard TD run. 38-7.

The Bills respond with a nice drive again involving a big run from Foster and end up with a 29 yard FG from Janikowski to bring the score to 38-10.

The last major action of the game sees Bradshaw somehow break 3 or 4 tackles up the gut again, very similar to his earlier TD to bring the final score to 45-10.

MVP - Bradshaw. 201 yards on 27 attempts for 2 TD's.

Thanks very much for the game Dave. You got no luck out there at all, some of the things that went against you were crazy. Was good talking to you and good luck for the rest of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Ye Paully had a great start, but you controlled the game and you had some big plays! Better team won and you showed great sportsman ship in the final quarter by just running it up the middle and punting it back to me.

Cheers for the game, looks like you'll win the NFC East! Hope you go deep into the play offs!

Can the bills get to the play offs now?? The head coach is feeling the pressure!

• Advertisement

From one evil empire to another, thank you Cowboys for beating the Bills.

Hopefully the sim helps me out tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

when will the week be advanced?

Good win paully, essentially leaves the raiders as the only wildcard threat to the Titans(presuming the Titans win their next 2 CPU games) Titans to get 5th spot and play the Broncos/Ravens/bengals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

The NFC East is the Cowboys to lose now. They have an easier run in on top of their one game lead.

The Bills loss leaves the Colts a single win away from clinching a playoff spot but they'll want to take the division so won't settle for one out of the last four.

The first wildcard is going to the AFC South, that looks certain now. The battle for that second spot will be between the Raiders, Ravens and Bills. The Raiders game to be simmed will have a big impact.

What the? The Raiders chiefs sim had the same score as their earlier meeting, 27-24.

Advertisement