Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopter w/ search light on in Drumcondra area

Options
  • 26-03-2012 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

Anyone see the helicopter with the search light on hovering over the Drumcondra area for the last 20 mins or so? We live beside Croke Park on the Clonliffe Rd side and the light seemed to be focused on the other side of the stadium - perhaps the Drumcondra Road? The helicopter moved around but the light seemed focused on one spot.

just wondering if anyone else saw it or perhaps knew what it was doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,153 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Probably the one of the Garda Choppers,tail number 256 or 272.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭the scrote

fair play if you can read the tail number at this hour of the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Garda helicopter I'd say,it left Baldonnel about 40 mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,153 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Theres only 2 of them Scrote,hence why i put the two numbers up.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

Yeah, I hear it hovering around D9. It does this sometimes at strange times during the night. Starview, how can you tell it left Baldonnel 40 mins ago? I'm just curious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Did Bertie try to do a runner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

It's keeping me awake!:mad:

There must be something wrong. There's quite a few sirens going off too...

chinwag wrote: »
    Yeah, I hear it hovering around D9. It does this sometimes at strange times during the night. Starview, how can you tell it left Baldonnel 40 mins ago? I'm just curious.

I live right beside Baldonnel,I usually notice it's comings and goings,especially at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

Was over the North circular road area with the search light shining down on the summerhill area for a good while around 00.15. Wonder what was going on! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Does anyone know anything more about why the helicopters were out last night? Like Cruais said, they kept me awake for a while too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Thought I saw on the rte website that a man fell in the Tolka. Apologies if ice the days mixed up, can't find the link at the mo and only have mobile internet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Often hear what I assume is the Garda helicopter after dark, must be doing a chipper drop to the Whitehall Garda station.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

the helicopter was out in Finglas last night around 7.40pm - anyone any idea:rolleyes:

am pretty sure they were perving on me in my pj's hanging the washing out :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

irishbird wrote: »
    am pretty sure they were perving on me in my pj's hanging the washing out :eek:

Try it again tonight!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Try it again tonight!

i intend to, just waiting for the machine to finish

Advertisement