Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curly Hair to Straight Hair ,How ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Not sure if this would be any use to you? I've never used it myself but i'm sure it would be easy enough to do on short hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

What you need is a salon quality hairdryer and a couple of different size ceramic round brushes. If you've ever seen how hairdressers dry hair straight thats the technique you need to use...constant rolling of the brush and pulling through the hair while directing hot air downwards.
    Do it in sections starting from underneath.
    The small round brush allows you to get right to the roots, larger one allows you to curve hair around shape if your head

I recommend this rather than straighteners as they make the hair look unnatural and over time destroy the hair

Little tip do this at night so you get a chance to sleep on it, you can do a quick once over again in the mornin if needed to reset shape....curly hair loves moisture and is particularly absorbant after being dried!
    Proper hairdryer from terrisales will set you back but its worth it...parlux 3200 will do the job

I have 20yrs experience dealing with frizzy hair so know all the tricks!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I've seen chemical straightening kits in boots, that you can do it yourself at home, dont have any experience with them but i'd say there damaging, but as your hair isnt too long, i'd say go for it and just condition your hair regularly, Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KarynD

Hi there

I have naturally curly hair and I could never dry it straight. I have been getting the 12 week blow dry done now for over 3 years and it's been the best thing ever! Its a protein (Keratin) treatment so its good for your hair as well as making it easy to dry it straight. Even if you dont blow dry it it will dry naturally in a light wave rather than curls. The price of it has gone down considerably too. When I started it was €250 and now Im getting it done for ~€130.

Advertisement