Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i remember a few people were wondering about replacement stands for these screens

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-27-Inch-2560x1440-Monitor-Pivot-Stand-Yamakasi-Achieva-Potalion-/140795611232?pt=US_Monitor_Mounts_Stands&hash=item20c8128860
    Function: Elivation, Pivot
    Support Model: 27" Monitor that support VESA 100mm x 100mm
    For: Potalion 2710QW,
    Achieva QH270-Lite, QH270-IPSB, QH270-IPSI, QH270-IPSBS.
    Yamakasi Catleap 2703 LED IPS
    This stand don't works with Yamakasi Q270, Q270SE, Q270Multi
    (Yamakasi Q270, Q270SE, Q270Multi don't support VESA 100 mm x 100mm)

not exactly cheap but then I didnt see many cheap ones around the web either

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Would there be any trouble with one of these and a GTX 460?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

It works with one, if that is the question you are asking?

I was able to play pro Evolution on full resolution with one, didnt try much else other than that.

It works with one, if that is the question you are asking?

I was able to play pro Evolution on full resolution with one, didnt try much else other than that.

Yup, thats pretty much what I was wondering :)

Hadn't seen it mentioned in their list of graphics cards was all. Thanks!

their list said 5850's wouldnt work but mine did

so long as it has a dual link dvi output it'd be worth risking it... so long as you have the money to buy a new gfx card if it turns out it doesnt work :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

their list said 5850's wouldnt work but mine did:)

That's good news. I was discouraged when I saw the 5850 wasn't capable according to their list.
    I have a Sapphire 5850 and it would be great not having to upgrade the GFX card as well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭God Father

I'm running mine on a Sapphire Xtreme 5850 with no probs at all. :)

just make sure your card has dual link dvi :)

no guarantees (cant think of a reason why it wouldn't, but I dont want to get sued) but there's a good chance it oughta work if it does

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

it should work, just don't expect amazing frame rates at that resolution without dropping down settings in games.

unrelated, does anyone have a raspberry pi working with these with a HDMI to DVI adapter?

Hey Guys,

Here is some photos of my set up (Excuse the mess!):

214190.jpg

214191.jpg

214192.jpg

Here is a youtube video showing the movement of the arm

EDIT: Didn't realise there was music on when I recorded that, just heads up there will be!

I was in Aldi yesterday in Athlone and I noticed they had something similar looking (really similar) for €22 or something. It would be covered by their cash back guarantee (i guess) if you wanted to try it out or even size it up at home

214193.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

I asked this earlier in the thread and was told it wouldn't be worth it which put me off buying one when they were cheaper. :(

I asked this earlier in the thread and was told it wouldn't be worth it which put me off buying one when they were cheaper. :(

Currently I do a lot more photoshop work than gaming (which somewhat saddens me :o) so a nice big and cheap screen like this would be perfect.

Obviously I'm not expecting a GTX 460 to run BF3 at 2560x1440 on Ultra settings and have a decent frame rate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I've just found a game that doesn't do the stretchy thing! Thanks Steam for letting me play Borderlands for free.

Bad news - I officially don't like eyefinity and I'm not playing the flight sims anywhere near enough to justify them purely for that.

Who do I buy one of these bad boys off then? Anything I should ask them to mark so I don't get eaten by customs? How long do they really take to arrive?

EDIT: Grrr just tried to order it from Greensum and it didnt like my credit card I'll have to get on tot he bank tomorrow.

EDIT 2: I'm so dead when the wife finds out - Ordered the Q270 LED SE - please tell me thats the one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I bought three of the DGM monitors. I was able to get a discount on them and I must say they are beautiful monitors. Here is a pic of them.

Untitled.jpg

Guys - Ordered though Green-sum any will he message me or do I have to message him? Should I ask for it to be shiped with a specific courier? I'd prefer not to use EMS unless it's going to be much cheaper (customs) as they use An Post and they won't deliver to out place.

I work out the duty and VAT to be 113 :eek: any ideas how people have got round this on the Catleaps?

Thanks in advance.

Bloody hell that was quick - its gone already. Fingers crossed I don't get shafted... err charged what is lawfully correct... by customs.

Guys - Ordered though Green-sum any will he message me or do I have to message him? Should I ask for it to be shiped with a specific courier? I'd prefer not to use EMS unless it's going to be much cheaper (customs) as they use An Post and they won't deliver to out place.

I work out the duty and VAT to be 113 :eek: any ideas how people have got round this on the Catleaps?

Thanks in advance.

Bloody hell that was quick - its gone already. Fingers crossed I don't get shafted... err charged what is lawfully correct... by customs.

I paid €55 Vat buying off Green-sum, so i'd imagine your's will be the same, or something close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Yeah there was a discussion about the VAT & Duties that you pay for these monitors and basically all other electrical goods a few pages back if you want to take a look at it.

I think the final outcome was that you pay no import duties on these monitors but you have to pay Irish VAT.

This was my only source of Yammy info so I was reading the whole thing lol - well this and 120Hz. :) I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas. Speaking of which Santa seems a damn sight more efficient in Korea. Its already on a plane.

I hope it is only VAT - €55 would be fine by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

This was my only source of Yammy info so I was reading the whole thing lol - well this and 120Hz. :) I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas. Speaking of which Santa seems a damn sight more efficient in Korea. Its already on a plane.

I hope it is only VAT - €55 would be fine by me.

That's how much I was charged, that was with DHL.

Thanks Tuxy for posting your tracking info!

Do the ones bound for Dublin transit via Shannon or do they come directly to Dublin does anyone know please?

Mine missed the flight on the Monday - in the air now I think though :)

UPDATE: It's just arrived in Liepzig! Come on DHL you can get it into Dublin by Wednesday - I know you can!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭Nollog

Thanks Tuxy for posting your tracking info!

Do the ones bound for Dublin transit via Shannon or do they come directly to Dublin does anyone know please?

Mine missed the flight on the Monday - in the air now I think though :)

I could be wrong, but I think Shannon is the place everything comes into to be checked by customs and sorted.

prety sure mine landed in dublin, not shannon

Delayed in customs - did anyone else have this? DHL say they'll know after 2pm what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Delayed in customs - did anyone else have this? DHL say they'll know after 2pm what the story is.

You'll get it tomorrow I'd say.

You will have to pay DHL the extra money tomorrow too. It was late when it was released form customs for me (like 7 or something)

Thanks guys - I was panicking thinking they weren't going to let it in or something! I hope its not €113! On the plus side ringing them has let the wife know its on the way and my other monitors are sold so hopefully I'll live to purchase another day... :D

Woot! Cleared customs I'm on the bus to go and pick it up! Wife has the car :(

€53 vat no duty! Nice

SWEET MOTHER OF GOD! WOW!

Its huge! It's got no dead pixels! It got here (Well to DHL out near the airport) in 3 days! It cost 259.34 + 53 VAT. Its amazing!

My only criticism is the same as everyone else's - the stand is some for of perpetual motion machine - fart near it and it wobbles for about an hour. Looks cracking though imo! Its actually a bit tall (I'm 6'2") lol I kinda have to look up at it.

I have literately everything inc FXAA on in Skyrim and am getting 30+ FPS on a stock 6870 - I know BF2 won't be so forgiving but 1440p seems much nicer to my frame rates than 3x20" ers. I know its more pixels (5m v 3.xm) but I was only getting 10-15 FPS in skyrim in eyefinity.

Anyone else notice the name of the website? Hilarious :D

EDIT:

3oi5bt.jpg

Okay my first issue :(

Does anyone lese notice a very slight flicker on a white back ground or on the likes or Boards.ie? I just plugged this straight into my 6870 without changing any setting - have I missed something?

EDIT: Ah it seems its a known issue when you reduce the brightness - back to the blinding light of God for mine then. Got up last night - couldn't sleep wiggles the mouse and "arrrrrgggrggggrrrrrrrG!" I thought I was blind. That was with it turned down :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

Hi all.
    Just wondering if anyone has got a catleap monitor (or like) running from a HD5970 card?
    I know the stats say that it won't, but owners are the best people to ask imo.

Thanks

Advertisement