Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

friday morning is still evening time in korea (10am=6pm) and they likely mean business hours so 36 business hours gives them until thursday/friday some time to get it done.

no contact is annoying though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Well, after several days, finally got a reply from them and it's not good. Essentially they are saying that because it's summer holidays in Korea, the manufacturer does not have enough IPS panels to cover orders... So it'll be early September at the very least before they ship it out. So either they can refund me or I can wait several weeks and they'll "compensate" me by $8 (wow). Meanwhile, none of this is reflected on their pages and they seem to be happy to take orders and keep people waiting (the specific listing I used even says 10 available... right). Dream seller is probably the worst eBay seller I've dealt with...

So not too sure what to do now? Will other sellers be the same I wonder or is it just bullcrap from them? Maybe I should just save my pennies for the DELL instead...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

J-blk wrote: »
    Well, after several days, finally got a reply from them and it's not good. Essentially they are saying that because it's summer holidays in Korea, the manufacturer does not have enough IPS panels to cover orders... So it'll be early September at the very least before they ship it out. So either they can refund me or I can wait several weeks and they'll "compensate" me by $8 (wow). Meanwhile, none of this is reflected on their pages and they seem to be happy to take orders and keep people waiting (the specific listing I used even says 10 available... right). Dream seller is probably the worst eBay seller I've dealt with...

So not too sure what to do now? Will other sellers be the same I wonder or is it just bullcrap from them? Maybe I should just save my pennies for the DELL instead...

I used Green-sum - he was very quick in coming back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭Nollog

It's a manufacturer issue.
    Green-sum can't actually get me a replacement yet the supply situation is so bad.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Green-sum can't actually get me a replacement yet the supply situation is so bad.

Ah sorry to hear than man.

• Advertisement

Thanks. I've mailed them explaining the situation and asking if they have it available for pretty much immediate dispatch instead of weeks down the line... If they say they do, I'll get a refund from dream seller and go with them even though they are €27 more expensive. Really pissed off of losing over a week for nothing if that's the case though...

Oh great. Time to cancel the order then - thanks for the update.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hey guys anyone know of this crowd?
    http://www.overlordcomputer.com/category_s/1817.htm

Someone on another forum saying they use the same panels but offer better warranty and all sorts of checks before they ship?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I believe Overlord are associated with Scribby, the curator of the original Yamakasi Catleap Club on OCN.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭alwayssideways

I was just about to order one of these. Anyone use Overlord before? Or would I be best waiting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Well overlord seems to be 100% genuine if that forum is anything to go by.

and they seem to be working to bring 120hz models as well, interesting stuff

i've been throwing about the idea of getting a second one of these towards the end of the year, with multiple inputs so I can plug in the xbox/blu ray .. i'd definitely consider one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

ill also be looking to get a multi soon, cause i want it to work with my RaspberryPi for watching movies, but Id prefer a 120hz DVI only model. aarg.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭Nollog

J-blk wrote: »
    Oh great. Time to cancel the order then - thanks for the update.

I wouldn't cancel, just be a little more patient.
    Replacement actually GET today (well, not received, but GET).
    I'd recommend green-sum if you do go for one. Very Trustworthy.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    ill also be looking to get a multi soon, cause i want it to work with my RaspberryPi for watching movies, but Id prefer a 120hz DVI only model. aarg.

no harm in having three of them :)

I wouldn't cancel, just be a little more patient.
    Replacement actually GET today (well, not received, but GET).
    I'd recommend green-sum if you do go for one. Very Trustworthy.

Thanks - I've basically cancelled with dream seller and asked them to refund me ASAP, not very impressed with them at all (takes them at least 3 days to respond to emails too). Already got a reply from green-sum about availabillity and they said they will have the model I'm looking for in stock next week and ready for dispatch, so I think I may give them a go as soon as I get refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Lads what refresh rate do these run at?

60Hz - the early ones could do 120Hz

60Hz - the early ones could do 120Hz

HMMMMMM...tempting.:)
    Are they as good as everyone is raving about???

• Advertisement

dwighet wrote: »
    HMMMMMM...tempting.:)
    Are they as good as everyone is raving about???

Its price to performance - head down to your local Apple store and ask to see a 27" cinema display and see what you think.

Its price to performance - head down to your local Apple store and ask to see a 27" cinema display and see what you think.

Apple store....
    Bulmers comes to mind:D

No apple store near me..Im in the sticks..Cultchy territory:cool:

Apple store....
    Bulmers comes to mind:D

No apple store near me..Im in the sticks..Cultchy territory:cool:

You have to be careful of course as Apple could scrape a dog turn off the street call it a iTurd and people would be calling it the invention of the millennium but have a read about what people think of them. Its the same screen with a crap stand, only a DVI dual link input (good for gaming but check your graphics card) and the possibility it's going to have dead pixels.

You have to be careful of course as Apple could scrape a dog turn off the street call it a iTurd and people would be calling it the invention of the millennium but have a read about what people think of them. Its the same screen with a crap stand, only a DVI dual link input (good for gaming but check your graphics card) and the possibility it's going to have dead pixels.

no worries..
    cheers for that.
    av a good week end

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Have we even got any apple stores in Ireland?

Monotype wrote: »

Nope, CompuB is about as good as it gets really...

Monotype wrote: »

Fair few CompuB stores - a few independent resellers and a planned apple centre going into Dundrum.

Fair few CompuB stores - a few independent resellers and a planned apple centre going into Dundrum.

nuttn out in the shticks......meh

nuttn out in the shticks......meh

I haven't seen a bad review yet tbh.

• Advertisement

I haven't seen a bad review yet tbh.

next month...just blown this months fun money on some new fans and more ram for the corsair 600t.. should look and perform well..

Advertisement