Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

dwighet wrote: »
    I haven't seen a bad review yet tbh.

next month...just blown this months fun money on some new fans and more ram for the corsair 600t.. should look and perform well..
    Corsair Platinums? They look so sexy :D.

Dem LEDs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Asus Launching 27-inch WQHD Display in September

Curious what price will be...

75Hz?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭Nollog

lololololololol.
    Got a slip from DHL.
    Customs didn't want me to be exempted from paying vat, despite the monitor being a replacement and me doing everything they asked.
    And you know what's funny?
    I still got charged more than most of you did on the replacement alone, 75 euro.

I am contemplating not collecting it and getting a refund.

I collected it, didn't work at first, did come caboobeling, got a call from DHL, they didn't charge me I think they're sorting out stuff with customs, yay.
    Also, no dead pixels.

Green-sum is a great seller if you're looking for one of these.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I collected it, didn't work at first, did come caboobeling, got a call from DHL, they didn't charge me I think they're sorting out stuff with customs, yay.
    Also, no dead pixels.

Green-sum is a great seller if you're looking for one of these.

glad you *finally* got sorted

• Advertisement

what can I use to clean the screen on these monitors?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

120 hz catleaps are ready @ http://120hz.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

dwighet wrote: »
    120 hz catleaps are ready @ http://120hz.net/
    @ $555 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    @ $555 :(

555 dollars... Ouch.... Not for me unfortunately :( that will mean to get one more gpu to be able to run it.

Btw what do they mean 555 dollars with Easyer customs fees? You still going to be hit with customs even with 555$ price point. So all in all that can end up costing you around 500-600eu?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Hi,

Been following this thread with interest. I was programming on a 27" iMac over the summer and am not sure I can back to my pair of 22" babies in my home office :P

I have a 9500GT, I see this listed in Green-Sum as ok but other earlier threads on the net seem to cast doubt on it suitability. Anyone got any thoughts? I don't game (at all!), I just want a stable display for coding.

I would also love to dual monitor one of my existing monitors, has any one dual'ed anything w one of these 27" monitors?

Finally, any thoughts on whether the 9500GT would be able to dual?

Any info would be appreciated.

c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Honsou

Spent literally 6 hours yesterday doing nothing but looking up these Korean monitors. The plan was to upgrade from a 22' T220 Samsung to a 23' LG IPS monitor. The extra inch, higher res and IPS being the main big reasons to upgrade at the cost of 180 euro.

Im mentally drained looking and reading about these monitors now. The only last issue I have is the pricing. I think they have gone up quiet a bit.

The cheapest one I can find is a Shimian QH270 with tempered glass for 248 euro. I really don't want tempered glass but the next best one for the lowest price is the catleap Q270 for 271.

If I get hit by customs on the Q270, I wont be able to afford a card to actually run games on it (currently using a 460).

I wish these monitors never came out. If I get anything else but a Korean monitor, I will always be wondering what im missing. Even if the LG monitor will blow me away.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Hi,

Been following this thread with interest. I was programming on a 27" iMac over the summer and am not sure I can back to my pair of 22" babies in my home office :P

I have a 9500GT, I see this listed in Green-Sum as ok but other earlier threads on the net seem to cast doubt on it suitability. Anyone got any thoughts? I don't game (at all!), I just want a stable display for coding.

I would also love to dual monitor one of my existing monitors, has any one dual'ed anything w one of these 27" monitors?

Finally, any thoughts on whether the 9500GT would be able to dual?

People set them up in 3x Eyfinity. It can definitely be done.

The 9500GT is an old, low power low noise card. If it was something like an 9800GTX I'd say go for it, but with that card it *could* be problematic.

Sure, budget 70E for a new GPU if you have to, then when you get them you can see if you get on.

Also, that card can host two displays, but if your rig has two PCI-E slots you could get another old nVidia card for pennies and run all three panels! That + a €50 stand(http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/114567814/LCD_Desk_Bracket_LA_311_support_three.jpg) would make a very impressive setup. Maybe even put the two 22"s vertical, keep it from getting too wide and better for IDEs.

ED E wrote: »
    People set them up in 3x Eyfinity. It can definitely be done.

The 9500GT is an old, low power low noise card. If it was something like an 9800GTX I'd say go for it, but with that card it *could* be problematic.

Sure, budget 70E for a new GPU if you have to, then when you get them you can see if you get on.

Also, that card can host two displays, but if your rig has two PCI-E slots you could get another old nVidia card for pennies and run all three panels! That + a €50 stand(http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/114567814/LCD_Desk_Bracket_LA_311_support_three.jpg) would make a very impressive setup. Maybe even put the two 22"s vertical, keep it from getting too wide and better for IDEs.

I went for a Shimian 270 Lite in the end, stuck in customs over the weekend, hopefully get it tomorrow. My new motherboard (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007KHROSC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i02) has the Ivy Bridge build in graphics, which it looks like is possible to get working along side the intel card (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281329-triple-monitor-with-gtx670-and-ivy-bridge/). Where can I get that stand for €50? :P :D

your link is broken for your motherboard. either way, "onboard" will not support a catleap as its not DL-DVI.

I'd also like that stand for €50 please?

what CPU do you have? on socket 1155, the 'onboard' is on the CPU.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    your link is broken for your motherboard. either way, "onboard" will not support a catleap as its not DL-DVI.

I'd also like that stand for €50 please?

what CPU do you have? on socket 1155, the 'onboard' is on the CPU.

Sorry I must have taken that link from my basket, link is http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007KHROSC

Went for the i5 3570K CPU so that would be HD4000 GPU. I know it wouldn't run the Catleap/Shimian but what I was talking about was using it to run one or two of the other monitors in a 3 monitor set up, with the discrete 9500GT (hopefully!) powering the big boy :)

grand. yea that'll work so.

Anyone have any input about the models with tempered glass? Is the reflection fairly bad? I have a window to my left, and if the monitor was a mirror you would probably get a big of glare from the blub that's behind me.

glad you *finally* got sorted

lols.
    I'm still not.
    The power adapter is wrong, still waiting on a replacement from Korea.
    Honsou wrote: »
    Anyone have any input about the models with tempered glass? Is the reflection fairly bad? I have a window to my left, and if the monitor was a mirror you would probably get a big of glare from the blub that's behind me.
    It's not too bad, but if you have light around it i'd say not to.
    The real reasons not to get tempered glass models in my opinion is due to dust getting behind the glass, or sleeping pixels being unfixable.
    The first one I had was tempered, window to the right of it, and light was behind it, so I didn't get much glare. Can imagine it being pretty bad with a light in front of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Honsou wrote: »
    Build an anti-glare shield.

Find a piece of cardboard, a filing folder or any relatively rigid, flat item that can be easily cut. Tape it to the top and both sides of your screen such that it lies perpendicular to the screen. This will reduce the amount of light that reaches the monitor and causes glare. You can also purchase a collapsible shield for your screen that you can keep open when the glare is strong and closed when working in areas with less glare.
    :pac:

Anyone notice that the prices on these change almost daily? Best ive seen yet was a Shimian QH270-IPSI for E224. The same one is now E244.

• Advertisement

aye, noticed that myself when i was looking at them to buy. spent a week or two checking ebay every day and the rise/fall of prices was very noticeable

Trying to get one by next Friday so hopefully they go down over the weekend. Was mashing the buy button yesterday but my credit card just laughed at me. Hopefully have the money by Monday.

Got my Shimian this week (after being stuck in customs clearance for 12 days!), have to say I love it :D Mounted it on one of those wall cantilever mounts and it looks great...

285060_10151198437895827_1052405335_n.jpg

I'm running the side monitor off the build in graphics but i'm having problems with the motherboard spontaneously rebooting - various forums suggest it has something to do with bios setting for CPU power control, but I noticed when I turned off the internal graphics the problem seemed to go away.

So, I'm in the market for a new graphics card to run both monitors. As I said before, I am not a gamer but I do like a solid, smooth UI - I notice that scrolling a browser for example with my current card isn't smooth on the Shimian, it tears and jerks slightly. I'm thinking of this card to run both ...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-Nvidia-GeForce-Graphics-Express/dp/B0087YADCG

has 2GB and a plethora of outputs, including two dual link DVI's.

Anyone got any thoughts? Anything else I should be looking at in that price range? I run a hackintosh on another drive so probably nvidia is better (at least that used to be the case).

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

The new 650 is out too Phibs, have a look at that also.

I'm actually living in Korea at the moment, and these screens look niiiice. Wonder how I'd go about getting one from here...

Andy!! wrote: »
    The new 650 is out too Phibs, have a look at that also.

I'm actually living in Korea at the moment, and these screens look niiiice. Wonder how I'd go about getting one from here...

I'd say give Greensum an email and he'd direct you...

• Registered Users Posts: 54,181 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Where did you buy the Achieva Shimian QH270, if you dont mind me asking

Headshot wrote: »
    Where did you buy the Achieva Shimian QH270, if you dont mind me asking

Got it on Amazon, basically had vouchers for there, so it suited me. I got the pixel perfect one, really am impressed with the monitor. First thing to do btw when you get one is lower down the brightness! Take the eyes outa your head with initial settings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,181 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Got it on Amazon, basically had vouchers for there, so it suited me. I got the pixel perfect one, really am impressed with the monitor. First thing to do btw when you get one is lower down the brightness! Take the eyes outa your head with initial settings :)

so did it ship from South Korea or the UK?

Oh and I never get amazon vouchers :(

Headshot wrote: »
    so did it ship from South Korea or the UK?

Oh and I never get amazon vouchers :(

Shipped from Korea ye, hence 12 days in customs! (For which FedEx have agreed to waive their admin charge).

And ye, yay for Amazon vouchers :)

• Advertisement

how much was customs?

Advertisement